Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: snoopdog on August 06, 2023, 10:57:36 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 06, 2023, 10:37:28 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 06, 2023, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: LC on August 06, 2023, 08:55:06 AM
Anyone ever been to Cambrils Resort in Spain?  Hearing good things about it.
Yes been loads. Its brilliant. Kids love it. Loads of pools. Few slides. Food bar etc all decent. Entertainment same every year though so I try to avoid it. But yeah. Great spot. 

It's about 90% Irish at it, so be prepared for that 😀
But it's great - very relaxed and safe, kids love it and accommodation is good.
You don't get any rough ones either. We'll mostly you don't.
We give the English abroad a hard time in this country but our own countrymen and women let the side down too (you can usually spot them a mile away - blocked and sunburnt).

Milltown Row2

Great resort,  funny enough we were just talking about it there now, kids loved it, took train into Barcelona one day, station nearby, did Port aventura also, went to Salu also, but staying put is just fine to, beach close also, think there's a nudist beach to  ::)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Riff raff the lot of you, coming in and giving the rest of us a bad name.

Gold

Quote from: Rois on August 05, 2023, 09:34:15 AM
Great that a few here know the area.
Have found a hotel with an indoor pool in St Jean de Luz - for people who like to be within walking distance of restaurants and bars, and with nice coastal walks suitable for a double buggy, is it a good enough spot? Have read good things about it. Hoping we would then be handy to both Biarritz and San Sebastián. Not expecting good weather as we'd be going off season, but is St Jean de Luz the kind of place that becomes sleepy after the summer season?

Very interested to hear a response se to this!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gawa316

If you are near Biarritz and San Sebastian, Hossegor/Capreton are great spots, especially if you are into your surfing

Olly

Talkin about surfin, the surfin around Antrim Town is class at the minute.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: naka on August 04, 2023, 08:58:57 AM
Not much in Bilbao
San Sebastián is super though
Thought it very classy
Beach excellent and tapas to die for
For the republican in you the Belfast bar used to be an eta bar ( not sure now though)

Having a beer in Belfast now, definitely not an ETA bar 👀👀

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 08, 2023, 03:52:39 PM
Quote from: naka on August 04, 2023, 08:58:57 AM
Not much in Bilbao
San Sebastián is super though
Thought it very classy
Beach excellent and tapas to die for
For the republican in you the Belfast bar used to be an eta bar ( not sure now though)

Having a beer in Belfast now, definitely not an ETA bar 👀👀

Remember drinking n that area, the lad serving us found out we were from Belfast, he went " ah Belfast, boom boom" and smiled lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

A quick query, can you upgrade a stay with the hotel itself (at check in when you arrive) eventho I've booked a package through jet2?? Nothing spectacular, just b&b to hb - jet2 trying to charge me £50 admin fee to change, which takes the value out of it for a 4 day trip.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 21, 2023, 02:28:33 PM
A quick query, can you upgrade a stay with the hotel itself (at check in when you arrive) eventho I've booked a package through jet2?? Nothing spectacular, just b&b to hb - jet2 trying to charge me £50 admin fee to change, which takes the value out of it for a 4 day trip.

Any hotel would be more that happy to 'upgrade' you from B&B to half board with no admin charge..

You'd just pay them on checking out?

seafoid

You would need the detail. Admin charges are  often in place to discourage behaviour or make money for the co.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rois

Bit of a random one - anyone here spent any time in Gallipoli or other towns in Puglia?

armaghniac

Quote from: Rois on September 23, 2023, 10:00:03 AMBit of a random one - anyone here spent any time in Gallipoli or other towns in Puglia?

I stayed a couple of days in Lecce which was lovely in the centre, but I didn't get to Gallipoli. I also stayed a few days in Trani further up the coast.
I think that part of the world has potential, especially if you avoid the hottest period in July and August.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PMG1

Has anyone been to the Castell Montgri campsite in Estartit

From the Bunker

Quote from: PMG1 on October 10, 2023, 10:36:59 PMHas anyone been to the Castell Montgri campsite in Estartit

Yes, it's a top campsite. One of the best I've been to. Outdoor cinema. Only complaint was swimming pool (beside entertainment area) did not close until 11pm which meant your evenings were stretched keeping an eye on kids and curtailed drinking.