Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Canalman on July 20, 2016, 04:19:37 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on July 20, 2016, 02:43:29 PM

So, I'm off all next week and want to go somewhere...only problem is that can't recruit anyone to head away with!

Any suggestions of a european city which would be decent and plenty to do for singelton's?

Geniune answers only...please lol

Brussels . Stayed there some  years ago and used the train station there as a base to visit  plenty of towns and cities for daytrips in Belgium itself France, Holland and even Germany.  Got a eurorail type pass before I left which was excellent value.

Brussels is nice, was there this time last year actually and like you say easy to get to other places from but would you really want to go to it in the current environment?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on July 20, 2016, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: Canalman on July 20, 2016, 04:19:37 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on July 20, 2016, 02:43:29 PM

So, I'm off all next week and want to go somewhere...only problem is that can't recruit anyone to head away with!

Any suggestions of a european city which would be decent and plenty to do for singelton's?

Geniune answers only...please lol

Brussels . Stayed there some  years ago and used the train station there as a base to visit  plenty of towns and cities for daytrips in Belgium itself France, Holland and even Germany.  Got a eurorail type pass before I left which was excellent value.

Brussels is nice, was there this time last year actually and like you say easy to get to other places from but would you really want to go to it in the current environment?

Be no worse than any other city in Europe,  was in London for five nights did all the sight seeing in all the main attractions and while security looked to be I place there is nothing in the world going to stop a header doing what they want to do....

On Brussels its a good spot to get to everywhere else.... Trains run every two hours to Paris or Amsterdam and they are two hours on the train.... Great Irish pub just off the Grand place I. Centre of Brussels which will provide plenty of company to drink with!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2016, 04:36:53 PM
What's the best low cost holiday firms out there, that fly from Belfast or Dublin?

Looking a weeks holiday all inclusive possibly
Check Easyjet Holidays as they have some all inclusive hotels.  Surprised me when I went looking for a few days in Spain (didn't end up going).

Bennydorano, Lusty Beg in Kesh, Fermanagh has self catered houses and a leisure centre but you'll be restricted to the restaurant onsite.  Good wee spot though with other outdoor activities on the lake.  Prob a bit miserable in the rain...

bennydorano

Cheers folks. Anyone ever done Trabalgon? Dear enough, any good? Looks like the Eurocamping thing we regularly do without the semi guarantee of good weather.

The Bearded One

Have a few days planned in the (hopefully) sunny south east...Wexford/Enniscorthy direction.

It is a part of Ireland I know very little about and would appreciate if any of you might like to point out a few things to do or see for a family with children of primary school age?
It is what it is. Presumably.

AZOffaly

Tramore! It's an institution. The Promenade, with the amusements and the arcades. Also some lovely restaurants around Tramore. Dunmore East is a lovely village, again lovely place to eat and there's a little cove for the kids to play on the beach.

armaghniac

Quote from: The Bearded One on July 26, 2016, 11:07:01 AM
Have a few days planned in the (hopefully) sunny south east...Wexford/Enniscorthy direction.

It is a part of Ireland I know very little about and would appreciate if any of you might like to point out a few things to do or see for a family with children of primary school age?

Give them a bit of history and life before wifi http://www.inhp.com/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

galwayman

Only been down that side of the country once for a day.
Went to Dunmore East which is a lovely small seaside town.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 26, 2016, 11:08:33 AM
Tramore! It's an institution. The Promenade, with the amusements and the arcades. Also some lovely restaurants around Tramore. Dunmore East is a lovely village, again lovely place to eat and there's a little cove for the kids to play on the beach.

Tramore racing too, as kids we went to Tramore one year Salthill the next, my granda was a bookie (had his own stand at Dunmore dog and Celtic park dog tracks) and we headed down during those weeks.. Great craic... was in Tramore few years back and kids loved it, weather was great too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Bennydorano , went to Trabolgan a few tears ago, good spot for a 3 and an 8 y old.  Plenty to do ,esp. if the weathers not great.  A week was plenty,  but the beach we went to nearby was a complete nightmare to get down to with the gear and a buggy.  Some of the paid activities were v good, go-carts for the Daddies !!

BenDover

Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2016, 05:27:09 PM
Cheers folks. Anyone ever done Trabalgon? Dear enough, any good? Looks like the Eurocamping thing we regularly do without the semi guarantee of good weather.
would you recommend this? What sites have you been to?

bennydorano

Camping in France is class, back 2 weeks ago from Domaime de Colombier in Frejus near Nice, been to L'Hippocampe (& La Sirene) in Argeles sur mer near Perpignan a couple of times, planning Biarritz next. Superb holidays & kids love them, loads of activities, We stay in the South for the Mediterranean weather, haven't ventured to mid or Nothern parts at all. We Fly & hire a car, it would be tough enough to do without a car IMO. No real saving financially over a package holiday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 26, 2016, 04:18:49 PM
Camping in France is class, back 2 weeks ago from Domaime de Colombier in Frejus near Nice, been to L'Hippocampe (& La Sirene) in Argeles sur mer near Perpignan a couple of times, planning Biarritz next. Superb holidays & kids love them, loads of activities, We stay in the South for the Mediterranean weather, haven't ventured to mid or Nothern parts at all. We Fly & hire a car, it would be tough enough to do without a car IMO. No real saving financially over a package holiday.

Le messengers near Biarritz was excellent spot.... Though that area tends to have different weather system to the other side, stayed at Colombier also, great place, La Baume on same road is brilliant to.... Its expensive and car hire is nearly always required but far better holiday with kids than a package one (Imo)

bennydorano

Aye, I'd be a bit of weather watcher, Biarritz seems to change from Med to Atlantic systems a fair bit. Would u get away without AC? Think Le Ruisseau was the one we were planning next. We were thinking of changing from Eurocamp to Kelair/Campotel as well.

Nigel White

Try Venue Holidays they're much cheaper than Eurocamp etc, but I can't remember if they have a kids club or not, which is quite important. Messanges near Biarritz is an excellent site, but watch the beach as the undercurrents can be very dangerous.  Great memories of mobile home holidays in France, Italy and Spain with the kids, having a beer on the patio while playing cards with them. I'd give a kidney to have those times back.