Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 11:57:04 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 09:26:21 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 01:22:23 AM
'If you want to discuss politics then why not do that on a nationalist political forum or blog rather than a GAA one where ROI supporters will be predominant? Are you 'ringing the da' about soccer now or posting about it on a forum? Haven't you posted in the Celtic threads?'

I'd post on 'Slugger' fairly regularly. I'm also fairly regular on Munster rugby and the Scottish Football Association sites. Like I say, I'm here for the general discussions, not the sport. I do post on the Celtic thread, as I've been a follower since about 1967. I remember watching the '67 final live on tv. How many on here can say that? Also remember watching the '70 final against Feynoord.

Any other questions before I go to bed?
How about responding to mine - what did you say about yon post on owc, did you even say anything and what have you to hide if you're worried about us knowing your username on there?
Why don't you have a look on the forum and see if you can guess who I am? Here's a clue - I'm not Sickboy ;)
I'm not a member so I can't.

What are you ashamed of?
You don't have to pay to be a member. All you have to do is register. Go ahead - you know it makes sense.
I was registered and got banned. I've no intent on registering again especially since the moderators are in the habit of posting member's personal details.

I think the fact that you fail to even confirm if you have posted any condemnation of that post on OWC, failure to confirm what you said or failure to confirm what your username was says all that needs to be said about you.
Did you use the same username when you registered on OWC? Most of those from this board who post on OWC use a different name when they do so - it's fairly common practice. And if I told you what I did or didn't post in response to the comments you've highlighted, then you'd soon know my username. There are two posters on this board who know my OWC username because I've told them in PMs. I choose not to tell you because I don't particularly like you. Suck it up big lad.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 31, 2010, 06:05:48 AM
What happens on OWC when they dont like what you post...Its like a child in the playground "Im taking my ball home, your not playing with it" They can't even put up a proper argument just stop you from posting, and let everyone else post and slate yours...What a bunch of kids.

Marty
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts

post Yesterday, 11:41 PM
Post #80

Muppet Police

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Right, there is too many trolls on posting and too many understandably biting.

Threads are becoming shouting matches.

Members are now restricted from posting until the trolls crawl back under their stones.

QUOTE (Hudda Jr @ Jul 30 2010, 11:05 PM) *
Still two hours till closing time

It's going to be a long night...........
I don't understand, what has he done? Stopped them posting?

Posted something they dont like. Just stopped me from posting.... I can see all the posts coming in slating what I said but can't reply!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

haranguerer

What do you think about the ruling itself Myles? Personally I find it absolutely astonishing that anyone would not understand that northern nationalists woulld rather play for the republic. If you have a history of abusing catholic players, surely its the least you'd expect??

Myles Na G.

Quote from: haranguerer on July 31, 2010, 12:54:24 PM
What do you think about the ruling itself Myles? Personally I find it absolutely astonishing that anyone would not understand that northern nationalists woulld rather play for the republic. If you have a history of abusing catholic players, surely its the least you'd expect??
The ruling is correct and I understand why the FAI have gone down the road of playing northerners. However, I think the Irish government should have stepped in long ago and warned them off. This issue goes beyond football. If Irish nationalists are serious about unity, then they have to start thinking about persuading northern unionists that their interests will be safe guarded in any all Ireland state. How are we going to do that by taking from them something they prize dearly, namely their football team? You only have to read a few threads on OWC to get a sense of how much bitterness this decision has caused. This was a golden opportunity for the Irish government to be statesman-like and to set aside short term sporting gain in order to gain the trust and respect of the unionist community up here. Unfortunately, it seems that the Dept of Foreign Affairs chose to throw its weight behind the FAI rather than reining it back. So 'we've' won and 'themmuns' have lost and in the process, reunification has been pushed back another couple of decades.

stibhan

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 01:31:52 PM
reunification has been pushed back another couple of decades.

Deluded again. The idea that the owc crowd we be out in force to ensure that we don't vote for a United Ireland is laughable--there are many more reasons why it won't happen soon, and a lot of them more pertinent than us taking away their soccer team.

The Watcher Pat

The ruling is correct and I understand why the FAI have gone down the road of playing northerners. However, I think the Irish government should have stepped in long ago and warned them off. This issue goes beyond football. If Irish nationalists are serious about unity, then they have to start thinking about persuading northern unionists that their interests will be safe guarded in any all Ireland state. How are we going to do that by taking from them something they prize dearly, namely their football team? You only have to read a few threads on OWC to get a sense of how much bitterness this decision has caused. This was a golden opportunity for the Irish government to be statesman-like and to set aside short term sporting gain in order to gain the trust and respect of the unionist community up here. Unfortunately, it seems that the Dept of Foreign Affairs chose to throw its weight behind the FAI rather than reining it back. So 'we've' won and 'themmuns' have lost and in the process, reunification has been pushed back another couple of decades.

You my friend are deluded...As if the FAI taking a few players from the North is going to be the main reason reunification wont take place...Catch a grip delete your account and don't tell any of your mates who you really are on a discussion board...

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stibhan on July 31, 2010, 01:51:19 PM

Deluded again. The idea that the owc crowd we be out in force to ensure that we don't vote for a United Ireland is laughable--there are many more reasons why it won't happen soon, and a lot of them more pertinent than us taking away their soccer team.

Wree you watching me type that? LoL

TacadoirArdMhacha

How does this ruling or the FAI's stance equate to an attempt to get rid of the NI football team? They have their team, the FAI have their own, those who consider themselves Irish play for Ireland, those who consider themselves Northern Irish play for Northern Ireland. Perfectly fair and reasonable.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Myles Na G.

Quote from: stibhan on July 31, 2010, 01:51:19 PM

You'll have to reword that - I don't understand what you're saying.

Myles Na G.

'How does this ruling or the FAI's stance equate to an attempt to get rid of the NI football team? They have their team, the FAI have their own, those who consider themselves Irish play for Ireland, those who consider themselves Northern Irish play for Northern Ireland. Perfectly fair and reasonable.'

So you don't think that drastically cutting down the pool from which they select their players is going to harm the NI football team?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 02:35:56 PM
'How does this ruling or the FAI's stance equate to an attempt to get rid of the NI football team? They have their team, the FAI have their own, those who consider themselves Irish play for Ireland, those who consider themselves Northern Irish play for Northern Ireland. Perfectly fair and reasonable.'

So you don't think that drastically cutting down the pool from which they select their players is going to harm the NI football team?

Harm is a completely different concept to "take away".

And the pool of potential players which NI have to select from is still exactly the same.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 11:57:04 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2010, 09:26:21 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 01:22:23 AM
'If you want to discuss politics then why not do that on a nationalist political forum or blog rather than a GAA one where ROI supporters will be predominant? Are you 'ringing the da' about soccer now or posting about it on a forum? Haven't you posted in the Celtic threads?'

I'd post on 'Slugger' fairly regularly. I'm also fairly regular on Munster rugby and the Scottish Football Association sites. Like I say, I'm here for the general discussions, not the sport. I do post on the Celtic thread, as I've been a follower since about 1967. I remember watching the '67 final live on tv. How many on here can say that? Also remember watching the '70 final against Feynoord.

Any other questions before I go to bed?
How about responding to mine - what did you say about yon post on owc, did you even say anything and what have you to hide if you're worried about us knowing your username on there?
Why don't you have a look on the forum and see if you can guess who I am? Here's a clue - I'm not Sickboy ;)
I'm not a member so I can't.

What are you ashamed of?
You don't have to pay to be a member. All you have to do is register. Go ahead - you know it makes sense.
I was registered and got banned. I've no intent on registering again especially since the moderators are in the habit of posting member's personal details.

I think the fact that you fail to even confirm if you have posted any condemnation of that post on OWC, failure to confirm what you said or failure to confirm what your username was says all that needs to be said about you.
Did you use the same username when you registered on OWC? Most of those from this board who post on OWC use a different name when they do so - it's fairly common practice. And if I told you what I did or didn't post in response to the comments you've highlighted, then you'd soon know my username. There are two posters on this board who know my OWC username because I've told them in PMs. I choose not to tell you because I don't particularly like you. Suck it up big lad.
I think I did use the same name, I can't remember it was years ago but everyone there knew I was pints from here.   

I don't understand why you're hiding what your username is over there, what are you are ashamed of? You won't even confirm if you condemned the comments, told him to wise up or anything like it and I think it's safe to assume you didn't say anything!

Now, excuse me while I go and have a cry because you don't particularly like me  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

:D  Maybe the IFA and it's supporters should take a look in the mirror, before blaming anyone else, and wonder why players don't want to play for them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magickingdom

the irish gov dont have the right to 'warn off' the fai from picking people from the north. you cannot treat citizens differently and irish citizens in the north have to be treated the same as irish citizens in the south