saffron sam2

Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2010, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: MW on August 05, 2010, 11:13:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2010, 01:10:25 AM
Quote from: MW on August 04, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2010, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: MW on August 03, 2010, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 03, 2010, 11:17:21 PM
Just my opinion. I really don't think that the feebleness (if that is a word) of the IFA challenge can be down to incompetence alone.

Oh SS2, your belief in the limits of the IFA's incompetence is touching but completely misplaced. They are as useless as a marzipan dildo (copyright Malcolm Tucker) and then some. Have you ever heard Raymond Kennedy speak?

I actually don't think their challenge has been feeble. They went to FIFA at least twice to appeal the situation and then took them to the Court of Arbitration for Sport - a very serious step for any national association. In the end the simple fact was that the FIFA rules do seem to permit the current situation (even if IFA officials did make silly statements in the media [mis]quoting the wrong rules)

The IFA appeal to CAS to request FIFA to implement FIFA rules (as they the IFA could only interpret them) was an example of supreme folly and intellectual feebleness. That you don't see this, even after all my painfully pedantic perfectionist explanation of the statutes of eligibility to you  ::)
You shoulda stayed away  :)

Main Street, old son, your powers of comprehension are seriously failing you tonight.

SS2 wasn't referring to the IFA challenge as feeble as in "intellectual feebleness" - he meant it wasn't pursued with particular vigour. It might have beem ill-concieved but it didn't lack effort, however wrongly-directed.

I have not got your powers of,  shall we say, creative comprehension, nor your certainty that your own interpretation is the one true interpretation  ::) , which you retain despite your previous form, struggling very badly with the basics of FIFA eligibility comprehension  ;D

The IFA challenge was feeble from the bottom to the top, no matter what way you may wish to construe a  "Rajput folly" determination to travel first class on a flight to Zurich, spending a relative fortune on expenses and a legal team, in order to wail and whine about how right they are and everybody else has it wrong.
Feeble at the top  -  no intellectual grasp of the eligibility topic. 
Feeble at the bottom,  as in no foundation to their legal case.
What you could callĀ“total feeblenessĀ“.
When "feeble challenge" is used to describe an appeal case, that's what a person like me understands it to mean.

Oh dear, MS, you're getting it wrong on two counts now:

1 - I think the IFA's interpretation of FIFA rules was wrong and I've said so over and over again
2- I was quite clearly referring to the effort that the IFA put into their challenge, not the quality of it.

Oh dear, MW  ::)   what a condescending pr*ick you are ;D  You pompously claimed to have the absolute interpretation of what SS2 referred to when he used the description  "feeble challenge"

Yes, I do  know what you were referring to, there is no need to repeat the folly.  It was a worthless reference.  I am just pointing out emphatically that it was a totally irrelevant and meaningless reference.  And that  SS2's description of "feeble challenge" in relation to the IFA's challenge was entirely accurate and had plenty of context

Mind you, I do appreciate the IFA effort to get away with the amount of stupidity it takes to pay a legal team with badly needed IFA funds, the effort it takes to travel first class to Zurich, stay at the Dolder Grand Hotel and dander around by the Lakes of Zurich on a sunny afternoon. But then again, maybe it was not difficult, most of the OWC are not the brightest are they?

With respect, that's a bit uncalled for.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Main Street