Our Wee country fans plan to Wreck Avivia stadium

Started by Peter Solan the Great, July 30, 2010, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibhan

All of this bollocks about how they should consider 'the time and money spent' for their development fails to understand that the North's team has had players in it from a different association as well: i.e. Germany, England and even South Africa. They tried to get a player from Scotland a few years back, ffs.

Gibson played for Manchester United for years. The amount of money invested in him by the North would probably come out of his week's wages.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: magickingdom on July 31, 2010, 09:12:45 PM
apeal to westminister!! does he still think they make the rules? what planet is mcnarry living on.

Well the penny doesn't seemed to have dropped that FIFA make the rules, so why not Westminister?

In the fervour to tar the FAI and republic as kuntz, it seems forgotten that FIFA and now CAS are of a same mind as the FAI.  As the woman once said, everyone's marching out of turn but my Johnny.

I thought the IFA had a case until I read the GFA.  Citizenship is well defined there so they haven't a leg to stand on unless they get the rules changed.  However they only seem to want to keep clarifying the existing rules.

/Jim.

The Worker

You now get banned for saying the north!!! you couldnt make this up!!!!!

QUOTE (buckie @ Jul 31 2010, 12:18 AM)
Can you ban posters who use 'the north' or 'north of ireland' to decribe us?

QUOTE (Marty @ Jul 31 2010, 12:19 AM)
Yes.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 31, 2010, 01:57:04 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 31, 2010, 12:54:24 PM
What do you think about the ruling itself Myles? Personally I find it absolutely astonishing that anyone would not understand that northern nationalists woulld rather play for the republic. If you have a history of abusing catholic players, surely its the least you'd expect??
The ruling is correct and I understand why the FAI have gone down the road of playing northerners. However, I think the Irish government should have stepped in long ago and warned them off. This issue goes beyond football. If Irish nationalists are serious about unity, then they have to start thinking about persuading northern unionists that their interests will be safe guarded in any all Ireland state. How are we going to do that by taking from them something they prize dearly, namely their football team? You only have to read a few threads on OWC to get a sense of how much bitterness this decision has caused. This was a golden opportunity for the Irish government to be statesman-like and to set aside short term sporting gain in order to gain the trust and respect of the unionist community up here. Unfortunately, it seems that the Dept of Foreign Affairs chose to throw its weight behind the FAI rather than reining it back. So 'we've' won and 'themmuns' have lost and in the process, reunification has been pushed back another couple of decades.

How does this ruling or the FAI's stance equate to an attempt to get rid of the NI football team? They have their team, the FAI have their own, those who consider themselves Irish play for Ireland, those who consider themselves Northern Irish play for Northern Ireland. Perfectly fair and reasonable.
A nation divided neatly along sectarian / ethnic lines. There's progress for ya!

pintsofguinness

and trying to force lads to play for a team they feel no affiliation to is better?
Rather than crying and threatening to wreck stadiums I think the IFA and their supporters should have a think about why these lads don't want to play for them and see how they can fix that. 

You got to love the unionists when things don't go their way  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 01, 2010, 11:56:28 AM

A nation divided neatly along sectarian / ethnic lines. There's progress for ya!

A nation where all its citizens have the right to express their national identity and have their views respected is progress indeed.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Dún Dún

They're a genuinely horrible bunch (not just the clowns on the forum)

I work with loads of boys who follow OWC not going to get into specifics but there's just so much hatred.

stibhan

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 01, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 31, 2010, 01:57:04 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 31, 2010, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 31, 2010, 12:54:24 PM
What do you think about the ruling itself Myles? Personally I find it absolutely astonishing that anyone would not understand that northern nationalists woulld rather play for the republic. If you have a history of abusing catholic players, surely its the least you'd expect??
The ruling is correct and I understand why the FAI have gone down the road of playing northerners. However, I think the Irish government should have stepped in long ago and warned them off. This issue goes beyond football. If Irish nationalists are serious about unity, then they have to start thinking about persuading northern unionists that their interests will be safe guarded in any all Ireland state. How are we going to do that by taking from them something they prize dearly, namely their football team? You only have to read a few threads on OWC to get a sense of how much bitterness this decision has caused. This was a golden opportunity for the Irish government to be statesman-like and to set aside short term sporting gain in order to gain the trust and respect of the unionist community up here. Unfortunately, it seems that the Dept of Foreign Affairs chose to throw its weight behind the FAI rather than reining it back. So 'we've' won and 'themmuns' have lost and in the process, reunification has been pushed back another couple of decades.

How does this ruling or the FAI's stance equate to an attempt to get rid of the NI football team? They have their team, the FAI have their own, those who consider themselves Irish play for Ireland, those who consider themselves Northern Irish play for Northern Ireland. Perfectly fair and reasonable.

A team which still uses an outdated national anthem and an abolished flag has no business preaching on any 'progress', or lack thereof. The only progress being made by the IFA is uprooting the thugs which were the basis of their support for years--a process which hasn't been necessary for the FAI team's fans, save the heinous crime of booing Shota Arveladze.

45 metres

What a threat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Norn Iron soccer fans would not have the guts to try and cause chaos in the Aviva or any stadium except their own dingy shithole in Windsor Park as they would not know any better thinking Stormont would bail them out. Combat 18 they are not. They are not so big when they don't have the RUC around them or loyalist housing estates. Nah, when there is a few hundred of them surrounded by 'beggars', the Guards and with a surrounding area not loyal to them they will shit their underpants once they are getting their heads cracked open by a few night sticks from the guards or worse if a load of southern supporters got to them. And what a wonderful scene for the TV cameras around the world it would be of the IFA who would then be kicked out of Euro and World Cup tournaments. The only thing their fans would then start to mope even more about is when Cameron and Clegg tells Buff Sammy that they won't be 'sponging' off the English any more.

All mouth and no balls the lot of them. If they really did have any, the Poles would have thrown it right back at them.

ardal

Not that much into soccer, but from reading this thread, I understand that the IFA are the lads in the north and the FAI are the lads in the south. Now if I've got this right so far, would I be correct that IFA stand for "Irish football association?" If so ,should FIFA not demand that all eligible members of the IFA; players and officials,  have / hold proof of their Irishness eg a passport

Myles Na G.

Quote from: ardal on August 01, 2010, 09:53:59 PM
Not that much into soccer, but from reading this thread, I understand that the IFA are the lads in the north and the FAI are the lads in the south. Now if I've got this right so far, would I be correct that IFA stand for "Irish football association?" If so ,should FIFA not demand that all eligible members of the IFA; players and officials,  have / hold proof of their Irishness eg a passport
1.Your post implies that there's only one brand of Irish on the island.
2. How would you have members of the Scottish and Welsh Associations prove their Scottishness and Welshness?
::)

AZOffaly

Ask the scots for a fiver, and show the welsh a sheep.

maddog

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 02, 2010, 06:15:20 AM
Quote from: ardal on August 01, 2010, 09:53:59 PM
1.Your post implies that there's only one brand of Irish on the island.
2. How would you have members of the Scottish and Welsh Associations prove their Scottishness and Welshness?
::)

How many brands of Irish are there on the island ?

Banana Man

QuoteAsk the scots for a fiver, and show the welsh a sheep.

:D An absolute cracker!

supersarsfields

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 01, 2010, 12:04:25 PM
and trying to force lads to play for a team they feel no affiliation to is better?
Rather than crying and threatening to wreck stadiums I think the IFA and their supporters should have a think about why these lads don't want to play for them and see how they can fix that. 

You got to love the unionists when things don't go their way  :D

This is the main point. Rather than look at why people born in their "country" do not want to play for that team and looking to maybe address that they decide that we'll just threaten them ums. Do they really have that little foresight. This whole row will only make things worse for them by alienating more nationlists who may have considered playing for NI.