Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Well see then when all the representatives from the Loyal Orders get their invites how many will take them up...ffs they won't even go in to a chapel...Hypocrites the lot of them!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 19, 2011, 08:10:47 PM
the best behaved out of the "dissident" republican groups

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

ONeill

The Pope in Ireland? Now there's a real cause for protest. Like the Queen o Blighty, oul Benny maybe wasn't about when the worst of the atrocities were committed but he's still the present figurehead of a sickly elongated chapter of the history of Ireland. His crowd, like Liz's, systematically abused the young people of Ireland and turned a blind eye to the protestations of those affected. His predecessors encouraged British influence on Irish soil. Come to think about it, Liz and her shower weren't so bad after all.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Did ye see fcukbag O'Reilly's wife nearly went down on both knees when she met Mrs Windsor in the horsy set get together in Kildare today?

I hope she ( Reilly's bag) is not Irish with that disgraceful display of homage . >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fishbat

Thought it was a great occasion myself...pomp overdose of course... but interesting and welcome all the same

I hope they enjoy it, and the remainder of it.

The cynical bastids among us would think that the British government are using such an occasion to promote a "we are peacemakers" propaganda in light of their latest attempt to "convert" the Libyans,,,not to mention Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine.

I doubt if there will be expressions of sympathy over the death and destruction there

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

rrhf

Fishbat

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
Mary Byrne giving Liz a bit of Bono.

i hear young Mary asked the queen if she watched x factor....response seemed a frank no

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2011, 09:47:29 PM
Did ye see fcukbag O'Reilly's wife nearly went down on both knees when she met Mrs Windsor in the horsy set get together in Kildare today?

I hope she ( Reilly's bag) is not Irish with that disgraceful display of homage . >:( >:( >:(
Christ is that what that was, I thought it was a mare.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fishbat on May 19, 2011, 10:47:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2011, 10:34:06 PM
Mary Byrne giving Liz a bit of Bono.

i hear young Mary asked the queen if she watched x factor....response seemed a frank no
I'm with Liz on that.

Applesisapples

Whilst it is easy for many to castigate Sinn Fein Reps for speaking in Irish first as a political gesture...and that may be the case with some, could it not be that they have taken a decision to do that as a means of promoting the language? After all the GAA also encourages all clubs and members to promote the language and use some words at meetings, presentations etc. I think that this is only right. Irrespective of SF it is a fact that many though not all Unionists still abhor all expressions of Irish culture and language. While I am fully supportive of the visit of the Queen and any means of out reach we as an organisation can do with minority communities on this Island, we should not lose sight of the original objective of the GAA to promote all things Irish, language, culture, sport and nationhood.

AQMP

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 20, 2011, 09:55:10 AM
Whilst it is easy for many to castigate Sinn Fein Reps for speaking in Irish first as a political gesture...and that may be the case with some, could it not be that they have taken a decision to do that as a means of promoting the language? After all the GAA also encourages all clubs and members to promote the language and use some words at meetings, presentations etc. I think that this is only right. Irrespective of SF it is a fact that many though not all Unionists still abhor all expressions of Irish culture and language. While I am fully supportive of the visit of the Queen and any means of out reach we as an organisation can do with minority communities on this Island, we should not lose sight of the original objective of the GAA to promote all things Irish, language, culture, sport and nationhood.

I agree, better a few words of stuttering, un-grammatical Irish than silence.

Ulick

All that guff about politicising the language is just a feeble bluff to disguise Unionist bigotry. To my memory P O'Neill issued most of his statements as BĂ©arla and the unionists didn't do to much yapping about that.