Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

So the "crisis" is over for a few more days! Probably United's worst performance or certainly in the worst two - both of which they won. Could very easily have won all 5. Hope he starts a few of the young lads on Thursday. If it goes pear shaped then it can still be recovered later in the group.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 17, 2019, 02:20:52 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2019, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2019, 09:52:55 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 16, 2019, 04:18:20 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 16, 2019, 04:13:25 PM
DeGea signed up for another 4 years. Great news.

Only because nobody else wants him.

Stuck with him for another 4 years. God help us.

What utter BS

Top keeper in the EPL for the last 5/6 seasons. Player of the year numerous times.

Glad to see him signed up.

It's not BS.

He nearly signed for Real 3/4 years ago. Then after a shite WC in 2018, nobody was sniffing after him. Real got Courtois instead. De Gea was pissing about over signing a deal, but nobody else was interested. De Gea clearly doesn't want to be at United by his behaviour this last few years.

He's been poor enough now, his options seemed to be Juve or PSG....nowhere else really for him to go at the type of cash he ended up getting.

Two clubs with the opportunity of winning league titles and champions league contenders and PSG would likely offer him the same wages, in other words if he wanted to leave he would have done so by now.

His form was poor last season and that dip in form was one of the prime reasons why United missed on a top 4, theory has it his on going contracts dealings played a big part in his dip in form I suppose we'll find out if that is true now.

Boycey

I always wonder whether it's a joke I'm not in on when De Gea talk comes on this thread .. bizarre!!

magpie seanie

OGS has confirmed Greenwood and Tuanzebe will start tomorrow evening. Probably Fred too I'd guess.

How about Romero; Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo; Matic, Fred, Pereira/Mata; Lingard, Greenwood, Rashford. 

Then for West Ham something like - DeGea; AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Young/Shaw; McTominay, Fred/Matic, Pogba; James, Martial, Rashford.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 17, 2019, 02:25:56 PM
So the "crisis" is over for a few more days! Probably United's worst performance or certainly in the worst two - both of which they won. Could very easily have won all 5. Hope he starts a few of the young lads on Thursday. If it goes pear shaped then it can still be recovered later in the group.

Should have beaten Wolves and Soton, I thought United looked clueless against Palace though and really struggled against Leicester.

On a positive note I'd expect United to concede a lot less goals then last season where we conceded 54, would like to think they'll get near enough to 35 this season. Going forward we've very average, Pereira not good enough and Mata looks finished. James has been much better than I expected but he's still very much a work in progress whilst we're reliant on Pogba to turn up to have a decent season and I'm not exactly too confident thats going to happen. Given what we've seen from Matic, Lingard & Pereira I hope Fred is given a run of games as the alternatives have been very poor so far.

As for tonight I'm looking forward to seeing Greenwood & Tuanzebe start although the later isn't great in the air from what I've seen; Would like to think Gomes will play tonight too and perhaps Brandon Williams too.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 19, 2019, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 17, 2019, 02:25:56 PM

Should have beaten Wolves and Soton, I thought United looked clueless against Palace though and really struggled against Leicester.

On a positive note I'd expect United to concede a lot less goals then last season where we conceded 54, would like to think they'll get near enough to 35 this season. Going forward we've very average, Pereira not good enough and Mata looks finished. James has been much better than I expected but he's still very much a work in progress whilst we're reliant on Pogba to turn up to have a decent season and I'm not exactly too confident thats going to happen. Given what we've seen from Matic, Lingard & Pereira I hope Fred is given a run of games as the alternatives have been very poor so far.

As for tonight I'm looking forward to seeing Greenwood & Tuanzebe start although the later isn't great in the air from what I've seen; Would like to think Gomes will play tonight too and perhaps Brandon Williams too.

I agree I would like to see Gomes get some game time soon, he is small but very skillful and tricky in and around the box so adds something new which we need. United will concede fewer goals as the defence has improved but they are crying out for a creative midfielder, an Ericksen type player who can unlock defences. United are probably not on his choice of clubs given the current state of affairs, I thought someone like Jack Grealish may suit united and Im sure he would realish the opportunity. He fits the bill in terms of he is young has a good engine and is a creative midfielder.

Boycey

Blimey, Axel, Gomes, Mason and Chong

under the bar

Could literally have scored 6 or 8 on another night! Greenwood will certainly make the grade.

Maroon Manc

Good to see Greenwood finally get his first goal, won't be long before his first league goal when all the hype around him will start.

I see lots of fans talking Rojo up on twitter last night, I thought he was awful; He must have had 5 or 6 attempts at the goals with most of them ending up as passes. Fred did ok but still far too careless on the ball but would prefer him ahead of Matic. Gomes did ok, very little space and think he'd have benefited from Mata coming on earlier instead of replacing him. Tuanzebe did well but had no defending to do, Chong was dreadful; I don't think he's good enough but hope to be proved wrong. I have no idea whats happened to Dalot's crossing, looked exceptional when he first came but last night it was pathetic.

United are really going to struggle against any team that sits back, we lack creativity and don't have anyone to get their head to a cross if on the off chance a decent one came in.

Geoff Tipps

trailer

Cunny Funt

Deja vu to the West Ham fixture last year and it was known after that game that Jose was a dead man walking. 

Ole shot himself in the foot with his team selection with starting Mata,Matic especially and then to not make any changes at half time when 1-0 behind.  West Ham didn't even need to play that well or work that hard to win comfortably.   To make matters worst another injury this time Rashford but hardly surprisingly when overplaying a 21 year old. 7th in the table now and its where this United team will likely finish if not lower.

Ed Ricketts

Horrible. United are utterly impotent this season. Makes the failure to properly invest in attacking talent over the summer look even more reprehensible. This will be another wasted year, with no CL football secured and probably another managerial change. But sure Mourinho is no longer in charge, so it's all grand ::)
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

laoislad

Those 90+ points ye were going to get are looking out of reach already.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on September 22, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
Those 90+ points ye were going to get are looking out of reach already.....

Who said that?