RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 07:20:59 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 06:27:01 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 06:20:55 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 05:38:35 PM
nearly half the deaths are in the state of New York does Cuomo or de blassio get any hard questions from  national media about their handling of the outbreak? The media are very quick to say trump does not have the power to reopen states economies but at the same time he is responsible for the actions or lack of actions by governors to keep their states safe .
In California Newsom seems to have done a good job that's kudos to him not to trump but any state it's bad that's trumps fault.

I wasn't aware that each state had a CDC or similar to appraise them of best policy for epidemics.

If that is indeed true, could you point me toward some examples please?
each city , town , county , state  create their own policy to handle their individual needs and appropriate behavior deemed necessary in an emergency. CDC suggest guidelines.

So where does each city, town, county & state get the expertise to create their own policy?

Do they all employ infectious disease experts for instances such as this?
no they don't ,shelter in place orders hardly need such expertise.

OK, so each city, town, county & state require expert input from the CDC in order to reach an informed decision about what to do.
im sure like you and me they have access to the cdc website.

Is that the extent of what they'd receive?

I don't see anything at first glance on the CDC website that would be construed as guidance for a municipal.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 08:09:35 PM
nearly half the deaths are in the state of New York does Cuomo or de blassio get any hard questions from  national media about their handling of the outbreak? The media are very quick to say trump does not have the power to reopen states economies but at the same time he is responsible for the actions or lack of actions by governors to keep their states safe .
In California Newsom seems to have done a good job that's kudos to him not to trump but any state it's bad that's trumps fault.

I wasn't aware that each state had a CDC or similar to appraise them of best policy for epidemics.

each city , town , county , state  create their own policy to handle their individual needs and appropriate behavior deemed necessary in an emergency. CDC suggest guidelines.

So where does each city, town, county & state get the expertise to create their own policy?

OK, so each city, town, county & state require expert input from the CDC in order to reach an informed decision about what to do.

I don't see anything at first glance on the CDC website that would be construed as guidance for a municipal.
states have their own health directors I'm sure it filters down fro there .

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 08:13:56 PM

So the state's heath directors sit on the CDC website and get their information from there?
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 08:19:10 PM

So the state's heath directors sit on the CDC website and get their information from there?
do they oh ok

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 08:23:08 PM

do they oh ok

Well your the one saying that its all on the state governors.

So I'm trying to establish how they get their information. Do all 50 states have duplicate infectious diseases departments or is that something they entrust to the federal government?
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 08:23:08 PM

do they oh ok

whitey

It's almost like 50 different countries....it's hard to explain

Boston is 40 mins from Rhode Island yet their response has been completely different to here in Massachusetts

They had checkpoints in I95 stopping CT, NJ and NY cars and turning some of them back

They also went to the beach communities and issued some type of shelter in place order to anyone staying in a house with out of state plates in the driveway

Trump didn't handle this perfectly, but trying to put ALL the blame on him is complete BS......just look at NYC and the battle between the mayor and the governor

J70

Conservative backlash to restrictions underway with protests in Michigan.

screenexile

I don't think anyone is totally blaming Trump for this.

Cuomo made a lot of mistakes early on but has acknowledged this and performed admirably since.

DeBlasio likewise has gotten plenty of criticism Trump is giving himself a ten on how he has performed and deserves all the shit he is currently getting!!

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Vince McMahon. Good call saying your running a pantomime lol

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on April 15, 2020, 10:49:39 PM

Cuomo made a lot of mistakes early on but has acknowledged this and performed admirably since.

DeBlasio likewise has gotten plenty of criticism Trump is giving himself a ten on how he has performed and deserves all the shit he is currently getting!!
the media do not call out Cuomo or de blassio with any gusto though that's the difference.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 11:36:43 PM

the media do not call out Cuomo or de blassio with any gusto though that's the difference.

It's amazing that you get called out for blatant, bald-faced lying as opposed to making a difficult call in uncertain times. The type of calls that are now being systematically protested by Trump supporters in Michigan.

joemamas

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: five points on April 15, 2020, 06:25:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 06:19:16 PM
None of that changes that Trump is at the head of a personality cult.

That he may well be. But judging from the volume and tone of your posts here, you're obsessed with him. What does that make you?

Not obsession. Concern. I live in the US. My kids are growing up here. He is changing this country for the worse and embodies and contributes to the ugliest aspects of American life. Everyone should be concerned.

I live here also, My kids are growing up here also, I don't agree with you, hope that is ok.

NetNitrate

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 11:36:43 PM

I would be very anti-Trump, but living and working in NY I am surprised the easy ride Cuomo and DeBlasio are getting, some even eager for Cuomo to replace Biden. These guys were so slow to shut down and I had taken my children out of school long before these two clowns woke up. Big ego guys like Trump and highly responsible for the situation we are in.