Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 02:10:25 AM
News tonight that they're delaying the stimulus cheques because the Treasury has been ordered to print Trump's name on them.

The man is a f**king megalomaniac.

And his administration and the GOP are a personality cult.
is he signing everyone of them ? You ever hear of a printer.

Emphasis by me.  ;)
story is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Are you not in the slightest way embarrassed by the neediness, narcissism and cynicism of the leader of your movement and party?
not my movement or party , unfortunately the alternative in my opinion is equally bad or worse.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 15, 2020, 04:50:33 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PMstory is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Hmmmmm

QuoteApril 14, 2020 at 5:46 p.m. PDT
The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump's name printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, "President Donald J. Trump" will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president's name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.
people who get a check aren't even looking at a signature it's being deposited ASAP , I'm sure if you found a trump supporter who was an irs official he would say the signature will not cause any delays , outrage at everything loses steam after a while .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PMstory is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Hmmmmm

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump's name printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, "President Donald J. Trump" will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president's name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.
people who get a check aren't even looking at a signature it's being deposited ASAP , I'm sure if you found a trump supporter who was an irs official he would say the signature will not cause any delays , outrage at everything loses steam after a while .

Its not outrage.

Its people pointing and laughing at what a pathetic, fragile, insecure ego would even countenance such a move.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 05:03:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 02:10:25 AM
News tonight that they're delaying the stimulus cheques because the Treasury has been ordered to print Trump's name on them.

The man is a f**king megalomaniac.

And his administration and the GOP are a personality cult.
is he signing everyone of them ? You ever hear of a printer.

Emphasis by me.  ;)
story is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Are you not in the slightest way embarrassed by the neediness, narcissism and cynicism of the leader of your movement and party?
not my movement or party , unfortunately the alternative in my opinion is equally bad or worse.

You do a pretty good impression of a GOP Trump supporter around here.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 05:15:36 PM

Hmmmmm

Its not outrage.

Its people pointing and laughing at what a pathetic, fragile, insecure ego would even countenance such a move.
nearly half the deaths are in the state of New York does Cuomo or de blassio get any hard questions from  national media about their handling of the outbreak? The media are very quick to say trump does not have the power to reopen states economies but at the same time he is responsible for the actions or lack of actions by governors to keep their states safe .
In California Newsom seems to have done a good job that's kudos to him not to trump but any state it's bad that's trumps fault.   

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 05:38:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 05:15:36 PM

Hmmmmm

Its not outrage.

nearly half the deaths are in the state of New York does Cuomo or de blassio get any hard questions from  national media about their handling of the outbreak? The media are very quick to say trump does not have the power to reopen states economies but at the same time he is responsible for the actions or lack of actions by governors to keep their states safe .
In California Newsom seems to have done a good job that's kudos to him not to trump but any state it's bad that's trumps fault.

Trump was on camera for weeks saying it was a Democratic hoax, that the 15 confirmed cases would quickly dwindle to zero, that he didn't want that cruise ship to dock in CA as it would inflate the numbers, and so on and on. Recent reports suggest that he was being told three months ago there was a coming pandemic in the US. He is the one at the head of the federal government, with access to all of that expertise (at least that which he has not got rid of, defunded or which hasn't left the government in disgust). He has plenty of blame to accept, even though he is furiously and ludicrously trying to rewrite history. Fortunately for him, he still has time to do a good job, or alternatively, make a complete balls of it, both on the reopening and on the coming demand for testing. If he leaves it to a free-for-all between the states like he did with the ventilators and PPE, he deserves every bit of criticism coming to him. And don't forget, he went from accepting no responsibility a couple of weeks back to insisting that he has "total authority" on Monday, which he seems to have to (presumably very reluctantly) accept is not the case.

DeBlasio is hammered by the press all the time and, honestly, is looked on broadly and dismissively as fairly inept.

Cuomo has done and is doing a great job, even if he will have questions to answer in retrospect about how fast he called for the shutdown (even as the right wing talking heads are now starting to tell us that a shutdown was probably NEVER necessary, because, you know, Sweden!).

None of that changes that Trump is at the head of a personality cult.

RadioGAAGAA

I wasn't aware that each state had a CDC or similar to appraise them of best policy for epidemics.

If that is indeed true, could you point me toward some examples please?
i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 06:19:16 PM

That he may well be. But judging from the volume and tone of your posts here, you're obsessed with him. What does that make you?

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 06:20:55 PM

I wasn't aware that each state had a CDC or similar to appraise them of best policy for epidemics.

each city , town , county , state  create their own policy to handle their individual needs and appropriate behavior deemed necessary in an emergency. CDC suggest guidelines.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 06:27:01 PM

each city , town , county , state  create their own policy to handle their individual needs and appropriate behavior deemed necessary in an emergency. CDC suggest guidelines.

So where does each city, town, county & state get the expertise to create their own policy?

Do they all employ infectious disease experts for instances such as this?
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: five points on April 15, 2020, 06:25:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 06:19:16 PM

That he may well be. But judging from the volume and tone of your posts here, you're obsessed with him. What does that make you?

Not obsession. Concern. I live in the US. My kids are growing up here. He is changing this country for the worse and embodies and contributes to the ugliest aspects of American life. Everyone should be concerned.

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 06:36:33 PM

So where does each city, town, county & state get the expertise to create their own policy?

no they don't ,shelter in place orders hardly need such expertise.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 07:08:07 PM

OK, so each city, town, county & state require expert input from the CDC in order to reach an informed decision about what to do.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 07:20:59 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 07:08:07 PM

OK, so each city, town, county & state require expert input from the CDC in order to reach an informed decision about what to do.
im sure like you and me they have access to the cdc website.