your favourite scores against the dubs

Started by small white mayoman, August 22, 2007, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

The goal Paddy McKeever threw into the net into 02. Although it didn't really have much impact on the game since it was immediately cancelled out.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 18, 2008, 07:08:56 PM
QuoteWhy would you say that mike sheehy?

Because the  signature at the bottom of his posts say "All Ireland champions 2006 & 2007"

God bless him Mike i know he is grasping at straws but he is in fact correct ,mayo have won the over 40's Ai the past two years so there you have it mayo Ai champions 2006 & 2007 happy days hope we do the three in a row ;)   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Jinxy

I never bought into the hype surrounding Mulligans goal for some reason. Something not quite right about it! ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Dreamer

I too was at the game and new immediately that Id witnessed a special goal. Anybody who disputes the quaity of that goal needs their head seen to. If there's been a better goal in croke park I havent seen it. The importance of that goal in terms of that 2005 championship cant be overstated.

Jinxy

I think it was the fact that the Dublin defenders were doing star jumps. Looked very undignified. Sure thats the Dubs for you I s'pose. Fayser would never have bought it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Plain of the Herbs

I'm surprised none of the Offaly boys here have mentioned Matt's goal in the 1980 Leinster final.

Tyrones own

Lads, the fact that it's the Meath, Armagh and Kerry contingent on this thread that can't bring
themselves to admit Mulligans goal was indeed one of the best witnessed in Croke park tells
me just one thing, that it was  just that :P ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 19, 2008, 10:19:10 PM

Lads, the fact that it's the Meath, Armagh and Kerry contingent on this thread that can't bring
themselves to admit Mulligans goal was indeed one of the best witnessed in Croke park tells
me just one thing, that it was  just that :P ;D
You'll find that, good and all as Mulligan's goal was (and it was quality), Foley's goal, that was on TV tonight, coupled with Beggy's winning point from the kickout, tops all others. The perfect end to a remarkable tie.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteLads, the fact that it's the Meath, Armagh and Kerry contingent on this thread that can't bring
me just one thing, that it was  just that

The fact that he clearly fouled the ball disqualiifies it as a great score. End of argument.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 20, 2008, 04:23:08 AM
QuoteLads, the fact that it's the Meath, Armagh and Kerry contingent on this thread that can't bring
me just one thing, that it was  just that

The fact that he clearly fouled the ball disqualiifies it as a great score. End of argument.

No whistle Mike... Great score, End of argument :'(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

blast05

I haven't read through the whole debate so may have missed another strong contender - Padraic Brogans burst through the middle and placement / bullet of a shot into, into the top corner.
Won goal of the season that year - some strike

Mayo4Sam

1985 blast, super goal, my favourite of all time
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite