your favourite scores against the dubs

Started by small white mayoman, August 22, 2007, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Any scores against Dublin is something special. Scores into Hill 16 are something which brings great joy to the remaining 31 counties, plus London and New York.

For me, Mulligan's goal in the 2005 AI 1/4 Final was that little bit special, though I could be biased on that ;)
Testing Accessibility

Gnevin

Quote from: ziggysego on August 22, 2007, 04:57:37 PM
Any scores against Dublin is something special. Scores into Hill 16 are something which brings great joy to the remaining 31 counties, plus London and New York.

For me, Mulligan's goal in the 2005 AI 1/4 Final was that little bit special, though I could be biased on that ;)
We had this discussion before your forgetting the 6 other British counties .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 06:45:50 PM

I believe they are included in the 31 counties ;)

However, not to be picky, should that not be 5 other British Counties? ;)
Testing Accessibility

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Gnevin hope you're not trying to refer to the "six counties" in the north in your last post, if so a bit of a cheap shot for a "gaa" man.  >:(

Jinxy

The Kevin Foley/David Beggy double whammy by an absolute country mile.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

An Gaeilgoir

Who remembers Padraig Brogan's goal in the A.I semi-final 1985. One of the best goals ever scored in croker. Jaysus i'm getting old!!!

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2007, 09:48:28 AM
AISF 1993 Johnny McGurk's left footed point to win the game. Awesome!!!!
wat a point it was

also paul murphys first and derrys first of the day was a class of skill
Dont Do It

Lamh Dhearg Alba

If we're talking about "silencing the hill" then Mugsy's goal in the 2005 quarter final replay is a better call than his great goal in the first game ;D The Dubs had just hit 5 points in quick succession to close to just a goal behind and there was some noise in Croker with the momentum suddenly very much with Dublin. Then Big Sean made an interception, galloped forward and passed to Mugsy who used his backside to get a couple of Dubs defenders out of his way then slotted it past Cluxton...then just walked in front of the Hill glaring at them, brilliant :D :D

Gnevin

Quote from: Pull Hard Hes No Relation on August 22, 2007, 07:19:27 PM
Gnevin hope you're not trying to refer to the "six counties" in the north in your last post, if so a bit of a cheap shot for a "gaa" man.  >:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_GAA
Gloucestershire- Hertfordshire- Lancashire- Scotland- Warwickshire- Yorkshire are the 6  other Counties and London makes 7  British Counties in total  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: ziggysego on August 22, 2007, 07:18:39 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 22, 2007, 06:45:50 PM

I believe they are included in the 31 counties ;)

However, not to be picky, should that not be 5 other British Counties? ;)
Nope 6

cill_dara

For me as a Kildare man it has to bee the 2000 leinster final replay, 5 points down at half time to the dubs and hitting them with two goals by Earley and Fennin to take the lead and go on to win  and yes silence the hill  ;D
Cill Dara AbĂș!

Sandy Hill

QuoteMulligan's goal in the 2005 AI 1/4 Final was that little bit special,

Was that the one where he carried the ball illegally for about 10 steps before he sold his first dummy? So apart from the fact that it should've been a free out - a great goal!
"Stercus accidit"

Balboa

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 22, 2007, 11:13:37 PM
QuoteMulligan's goal in the 2005 AI 1/4 Final was that little bit special,

Was that the one where he carried the ball illegally for about 10 steps before he sold his first his first dummy? So apart from the fact that it should've been a free out - a great goal!

He is still living off that goal, hasnt kicked a ball since.

ONeill

No, he kicked 1-7 against Dublin a week later.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.