?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on August 26, 2020, 10:22:50 AM
CELTIC POISED FOR RECORD £22 MIL + TRANSFER WINDOW TO LAND 10 IN A ROW

Peter Lawwell is loosening the purse strings at just the right time as Celtic go all out to win what would be an iconic 10th successive title, failure would also make his position untenable with the support unless he spends big, after todays reports, it seems that is exactly what he means to do.

A fee of £7.2 million has "been agreed" with Turkish side Trabzonspor for Caleb Ekuban as reported by The Sun picking up on a reports in Turkey by Haberturk who are stating the deal will go ahead in a few days after a medical can be arranged. This is on top of the £4.5 million paid for Barkas and Ajeti each with a £3 million deal for David Turnbull being negotiated now. Aaron Hickey has a 30% sell on clause and was thought to be leaving Tynecastle for £1.8 million, that will likely be a million without the sell on clause should he return as reports yesterday suggested.

Then there is Shane Duffy who could come in for £2 million on loan or £8 million if we buy him outright, regardless we will need another Centre Half this year after letting Jozo leave.

£7.2 Caleb Ekuban
£4.5 Albian Ajeti
£4.5 Vasilis Barkas
£3 David Turnbull
£2 Shane Duffy
£1 Aaron Hickey

£22.2 million in one transfer window, that could indeed rise to £28.2 if we decide to buy Duffy, something with Ajer constantly being linked away wouldn't be such a bad move. If the deal with Ekuban is to be believed, it would likely point to a player coming onto the books to replace Edouard when he eventually leaves, hopefully it will not be this crucial season but even the most optimistic of us are not planning on seeing him at Celtic next season. This would be a stunning window for Celtic, Hickey would replace Bolingoli, Duffy for Jozo, Ajeti and Ekuban as heirs apparent to Edouard and replacement for Bayo and Turnbull for Rogic and next season Scott Brown.

A window where we arm ourselves with everything we will need to win this year and provision for the positions that will undoubtedly open up next season.

Ekuban just seems like a concoction by the Turkish media and apparently Celtic have no interest in Hickey who will be signing for Bologna.

So Turnbull looks to be arriving shortly and looks certain Rogic will move on.

We've added two new players so far, Barkas being a direct replacement for Forster and Ajetic coming in with Bayo moving out.

We certainly need reinforcements in the following areas
Right sided attacker x1
Centre back x1
Left back x1

I'd also say we need another wide attacker too as Elyounoussi and Forrest don't inspire and Johnston is too injury prone.
Bolingoli will also likely move on.

Some Ajax lad is linked with us on a loan deal with an option to buy, he's a winger.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
Isn't this constant flow of obscure transfer rumours just pure media click bait?

I'd want something substantial to turn my head,  something on the lines of
"Illdecide falls out with Lennon"   'Lennon's biggest and most fantatic supporter on social media has turned his back on the Luganite, calling him a fraud and a welcher.'

Haha

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
Isn't this constant flow of obscure transfer rumours just pure media click bait?

I'd want something substantial to turn my head,  something on the lines of
"Illdecide falls out with Lennon"   'Lennon's biggest and most fantatic supporter on social media has turned his back on the Luganite, calling him a fraud and a welcher.'

NEVER!!! ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Didn't realise this team are unbeaten away in Europe in 6 or 7 games which includes some decent results. Think i may have under estimated this lot. Seriously didn't think they'd be much better than last weeks team but turns out they're not too bad and could cause us some problems...

illdecide

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on August 26, 2020, 06:48:10 PM
Feck no Edouard tonight

And not starting with a recognised striker up top - going to shove a midfielder in up front...with 2 strikers on the bench.

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on August 26, 2020, 07:21:17 PM
Feck no Edouard tonight

And not starting with a recognised striker up top - going to shove a midfielder in up front...with 2 strikers on the bench.

Yeah...Sutton just tweeted "Lennon doesn't have faith in Klimala"

From the Bunker

Feck no Edouard tonight

Has he been sold and they don't want him to be cup-tied for the purchasing club?  :-\

illdecide

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2020, 07:27:40 PM
Feck no Edouard tonight

Has he been sold and they don't want him to be cup-tied for the purchasing club?  :-\

Injured...according to Celtic TV

Targetman

Thats a bad blow not having Eddy, this will be tricky tonight

rodney trotter

illdecide

Here we go again...another night of biting the nails

bennydorano

If Eddy was up front we'd have 3 so far.

Angelo

45 minutes left to turn this around.

Lennon should do the honourable thing and resign if we go out tonight.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Orior

just not good enough. And yet they expect to win the league? Bizarre.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians