William Crawley's Imagining Ulster

Started by Applesisapples, March 04, 2015, 02:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Check BBC iPlayer Oraisteach, if you can. I watched all of the episodes and without wanting to give too much away you aren't far wrong with your assumptions. It's interesting nonetheless. I saw Crawley try to clarify the series on social media as "Imagining Ulster" as an "idea", whatever that means.

snoopdog

They always seem to forget Donegal monaghan and Cavan are part of Ulster.
To be honest they are totally different from us, being in some parts of the North feels like a totally different country and i come from East of the Bann i know i will get shot down for this but to be honest i would feel i have next to nothing in common with the majority of them.

Oraisteach

Thanks a lot general_lee, but I can only use BBC iPlayer if I live in the UK.  Feel especially bad for all those Ulster-Scots who skedaddled off to the US, produced a bucketful of presidents, and can't get in touch with their heritage.

armaghniac

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 24, 2015, 05:19:34 PM
Thanks a lot general_lee, but I can only use BBC iPlayer if I live in the UK.  Feel especially bad for all those Ulster-Scots who skedaddled off to the US, produced a bucketful of presidents, and can't get in touch with their heritage.

What about the poor Ulster folk of Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan who cannot learn about what Ulster really is.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Armaghniac, I think they know what Ulster is--a tough road to get to Croke Park