Dubs v Fermanagh, Cork v Mayo next Sat

Started by Hound, March 15, 2007, 08:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

According to gaa.ie there are three NFL games next Saturday;
Dublin v Fermanagh, Cork v Mayo and Antrim v Cavan. All throw-in at 3.30pm per the site.

I presume this is an error, as all Saturday games so far have been in the evening under floodlights - and if these go ahead at 3.30 they'd clash with the soccer international in Croke Park against Wales which has a 3pm kick-off.

Anyone know anything to the different??

cavan4ever

cavan and antrim is next saturday anyway.  Dunno why they aren't evening games cos all 3 venues have floodlights but i know that cavan/antrim had a 3.30 throw in when the fixtures were put out first so dunno whats going on.

Hound

I've just been told that Ireland v Wales was initially down as 7.30, so thats presumably the reason the three games (which could all be played under floodlights) are down as afternoon throw-ins.

But the soccer has now been rescheduled for 3pm, thus we have the clash.

Be a big mess in Dublin in particular given the proximity of the two grounds.

dubnut

So we switched "again" to accomodate other sports and then they go and shaft us ! ?

I hope Wales win.

Redgreenery

I'd agree that it would have probably been because of the soccer that they are day-time games. They may now be switched to the evening, but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt change at all but probably will!!