Ivory Coast War

Started by Forever Green, April 03, 2011, 01:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Terrible situation happening in Ivory Coast with hundreds already dead. There have apparently been atrocities committed by both sides in a country that was once seen as an example to the rest of Africa but once again power hungry leaders decide to turn their people on each other for their own gains. So many conflicts breaking out in the world at this time.   

balladmaker

Tragic.  The reports of mass graves being uncovered is harrowing.  There must be little oil around those parts or else the usual suspects would be offering their 'assistance'

Forever Green

Quote from: balladmaker on April 03, 2011, 01:18:56 AM
Tragic.  The reports of mass graves being uncovered is harrowing.  There must be little oil around those parts or else the usual suspects would be offering their 'assistance'

Exactly. No point in them stopping any massacres if there is nothing valuable for them. Dirty bastards

thebigfella

Quote from: Forever Green on April 03, 2011, 01:23:36 AM

Exactly. No point in them stopping any massacres if there is nothing valuable for them. Dirty b**tards
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Tubberman

Quote from: thebigfella on April 03, 2011, 02:40:48 AM

Exactly. No point in them stopping any massacres if there is nothing valuable for them. Dirty b**tards
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

You can put in as many rolly eyes as you like, but there is little doubt the big powers only take an interest when it's a country with natural resources. They look after themselves,anything after that is by the way
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tony Baloney

Ivory Coast would be mineral rich and probably has decent hydrocarbon resources so I'd say China has it's dirty fingers in this pie.

CiKe

Terrible stuff. Not the first time the international community has stood by (think Rwanda), and won't be the last - but you can't come on, you can't fight wars everywhere.

Incidentally is the world's largest cocoa exporter.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2011, 02:48:04 AM

You can put in as many rolly eyes as you like, but there is little doubt the big powers only take an interest when it's a country with natural resources. They look after themselves,anything after that is by the way

It's strange that when a foreign country (America) goes into "help" a nation they will get lambasted over it and when they don't go in they again get lambasted by the same posters. For me these countries will be having the wars for years and need no help from anyone. they will sort themselves out, slowly I'm sure.

Foreign meddling never works out, only causes more hatred, more suicide bombers another 9/11
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

from what i see on the news this is another example of a fella whos been in power for a few years then hes been voted out and instead of going away back to what ever he used to do, hes saying 'well who cares about elections or democracy anyone who doesnt agree with me is a rebel so shoot them' seems to be a muslim v christain thing going on as well..

ps btw has anyone seen the country' flag ffs trouble just seems to follow this
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on April 03, 2011, 12:06:02 PM
from what i see on the news this is another example of a fella whos been in power for a few years then hes been voted out and instead of going away back to what ever he used to do, hes saying 'well who cares about elections or democracy anyone who doesnt agree with me is a rebel so shoot them' seems to be a muslim v christain thing going on as well..

ps btw has anyone seen the country' flag ffs trouble just seems to follow this

Apparently they were going to call it Callely Coast before settling on Ivory.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

France is sending additional troops to the Côte d'Ivoire.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

highorlow

800 killed in a fight in one town alone!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

nrico2006

Without knowing any real details about what is going on here, why officially have the Brits and/or Yanks not pursued the elements within the IC that are a threat to the innocent civilians?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mannix

Where are the defenders of democracy now? No oil available for plundering, sorry cannot help.   

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2011, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2011, 02:48:04 AM

It's strange that when a foreign country (America) goes into "help" a nation they will get lambasted over it and when they don't go in they again get lambasted by the same posters. For me these countries will be having the wars for years and need no help from anyone. they will sort themselves out, slowly I'm sure.

Foreign meddling never works out, only causes more hatred, more suicide bombers another 9/11

So true. So people just want to make sure and give a dig regardless of what the US do. And then they'd be the first to give of if someone tried to defend the US over something.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit