FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Massive relief for James and the goys. They will realise of course they will have to step it for the clash with the tribesmen at the football Mecca of Tuam stadium to keep on course for their ambitious plan of securing the FBD title . Our midfield looks magnificent with the agile seamie kicking some wonderful long range passes , if you squint your eyes a little you'd think it was Ciaran Mac.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

"We're taking the FBD very seriously this year!!!!"

Rossfan

Good to see the Rhus and Laythrums being so evenly matched.
Hopefully our new manager can get us above that level what with our depleted panel and fall out from the previous regime
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2019, 05:21:03 PM
Good to see the Rhus and Laythrums being so evenly matched.
Hopefully our new manager can get us above that level what with our depleted panel and fall out from the previous regime

Rossfan's obsession with Kevin McStay enters a new year. I doubt it was Kevin who suggested a player become a doctor..

Rossfan

You're getting slow Syferus Rhubarbus.
Too you 25 minutes to jump in to defend your cool clean hero :D

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 06, 2019, 04:18:17 PM
Massive relief for James and the goys. They will realise of course they will have to step it for the clash with the tribesmen at the football Mecca of Tuam stadium to keep on course for their ambitious plan of securing the FBD title . Our midfield looks magnificent with the agile seamie kicking some wonderful long range passes , if you squint your eyes a little you'd think it was Ciaran Mac.

I'd say there would have been more relief for Horan if we had lost!

Rossfan

What's the Craic with a Laythrum lad who'd got a red card setting up the equaliser?

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2019, 06:33:51 PM

On a serious note , I don't believe he would of been . He wants lots of games. It's become very clear from mutterings from local jouurnos ,media etc this is a long term project , 2019 has been wrote off in terms of ambition . Which is fair enough I suppose . Smart money is on Galway to win Connacht but the smartest money is on Roscommon beating Mayo also .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on January 06, 2019, 07:26:59 PM

On a serious note , I don't believe he would of been . He wants lots of games. It's become very clear from mutterings from local jouurnos ,media etc this is a long term project , 2019 has been wrote off in terms of ambition . Which is fair enough I suppose. Smart money is on Galway to win Connacht but the smartest money is on Roscommon beating Mayo also .
;D

larryin89

Cunny I don't know why you find that funny , Roscommon will beat mayo in championship at some stage and I happen to think it might be this year but I have to add they would still have to improve slightly , put it this way it's the best chance they have since 2011 when Donnie shine missed them frees and cillian didn't . I know we had a tough battle one year in the Hyde 14 was it but that was more of a case of Mayo not been near their best . This year sees Mayo in proper decline in terms of what they have been like in 12-17 period.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on January 06, 2019, 08:00:22 PM
Cunny I don't know why you find that funny , Roscommon will beat mayo in championship at some stage and I happen to think it might be this year but I have to add they would still have to improve slightly , put it this way it's the best chance they have since 2011 when Donnie shine missed them frees and cillian didn't . I know we had a tough battle one year in the Hyde 14 was it but that was more of a case of Mayo not been near their best . This year sees Mayo in proper decline in terms of what they have been like in 12-17 period.

Of course you know. Credit where credit is due it was a funny post in particular how you think anyone will buy such "serious" talk. 

Syferus

Larryin is like a thirteen year old who has just read about cute hoorism on the back of his Rice Krisipies box.

larryin89

If you say so syf , meet you back here on this very thread when it happens . Cute hoorism my bollix , genuine realism more like.

From the Bunker

On a serious note , I don't believe he would of been . He wants lots of games. It's become very clear from mutterings from local jouurnos ,media etc this is a long term project , 2019 has been wrote off in terms of ambition . Which is fair enough I suppose . Smart money is on Galway to win Connacht but the smartest money is on Roscommon beating Mayo also .

Ger Cafferkey is starting at full Back! How can that be looking to the future. The poor lad has been in free fall since his serious injury and is now 32.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2019, 09:29:32 PM

Ger Cafferkey is starting at full Back! How can that be looking to the future. The poor lad has been in free fall since his serious injury and is now 32.

Don't worry Bunker, ye still have young guns like Keith Higgins and Andy Moran to come back in for the Galway game