Sydney Dust storm

Started by stephenite, September 23, 2009, 12:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Woke up to this about 2 hours ago - very surreal, some photos on the Sydney Morning Herald website for anyone that's interested. Pretty eerie

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/national/red-dawn-in-sydney/20090923-g0x8.html

Bod Mor

Strange stuff surely. As the auld lad would say "Ya wouldn't see the person in front of ya if they put their finger in your eye"
If it rains now, there's going to be horrible murky sh!te around.
Cleaners and window washers and car washes are going to have a field day after this.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

AFS

Weird. Like Independence Day.

J70

Some have predicted the rapture for autumn 2009. Could this be the beginning?!! :o

Maybe Obama really is the antichrist, and not the reincarnation of Hitler or Stalin! :P

Bod Mor

Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2009, 01:10:37 AM
Some have predicted the rapture for autumn 2009. Could this be the beginning?!! :o

Maybe Obama really is the antichrist, and not the reincarnation of Hitler or Stalin! :P

But Autumn '09 has already been in Australia :)

We'll have to wait til 2012 for the rapture I'm afraid

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on September 23, 2009, 01:25:28 AM
Rapture?

There are a number of views as to what it is, but I think its basically a time when good christians will be taken up, dropping everything on the spot, into heaven.

From Wikpedia, the Dispensationalist view:

Dispensationalists view the rapture as a 'mid' or pretribulation secret coming of Jesus Christ distinct to Dispensationalism, not to be confused with the subsequent Second Coming of Jesus Christ[24], to collect both the dead and alive members of the Christian Church and relocate them in heaven, to allow the Millennial Kingdom to begin on earth and marks the end of the Great Parenthesis.

Some enterprising atheists have started a business in Texas whereby they will, for a fee, go around and take care of all the poor pets left behind when their owners suddenly ascend. ;D

ziggysego

Interesting, never heard that before.
Testing Accessibility

Bod Mor

Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2009, 01:33:10 AM
Rapture?

There are a number of views as to what it is, but I think its basically a time when good christians will be taken up, dropping everything on the spot, into heaven.

Dispensationalists view the rapture as a 'mid' or pretribulation secret coming of Jesus Christ distinct to Dispensationalism, not to be confused with the subsequent Second Coming of Jesus Christ[24], to collect both the dead and alive members of the Christian Church and relocate them in heaven, to allow the Millennial Kingdom to begin on earth and marks the end of the Great Parenthesis.

Some enterprising atheists have started a business in Texas whereby they will, for a fee, go around and take care of all the poor pets left behind when their owners suddenly ascend. ;D

Ah come on now wikipedia, we all know Jesus was 33 when anyone last saw him.

stephenite

Quote from: Bod Mor on September 23, 2009, 01:54:31 AM
Quote from: J70 on September 23, 2009, 01:33:10 AM
Rapture?

Ah come on now wikipedia, we all know Jesus was 33 when anyone last saw him.

;D

Declan

Just speaking to the lads in our Sydney office there- sounds like it was mad this morning!
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/sydney-turns-red-dust-storm-blankets-city-20090923-g0so.html

Orior

Thats mad.

We get the odd layer of red dust in Ireland, which comes from Africia, but nothing like the Aussie stuff. It will be some craic when it rains?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

It's been blowing a gale since the afternoon - came out after work and out from the car being covered in the stuff you wouldn't have realised that it happened at all. 'Twas the oddest thing I've ever seen