The 2009 Summer Transfers thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, June 02, 2009, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Pretty sure that further down the line he was promised coaching involvement..

anportmorforjfc

the 2 worst central defenders in the pl have almost secured their moves. Dunne going to Villa and Mc Shane going to Hull

Eastern_Pride

A good few moves today.

Sanli Tuncay: Middlesborough to Stoke
Robert Huth: "
Richard Dunne: Man City to Aston Villa
Sylvain Distin: Portsmouth to Everton
Kagisho Dikcagoi: South Africa to Fulham
Tommy Smith: Watford to Portsmouth
Mike Williamson:  "
Michael Brown; Wigan to Portsmouth
Chimbonda:  Tottenham to Blackburn
Stephen Warnock: Blackburn to Villa

What a day.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 27, 2009, 03:45:06 PM
the 2 worst central defenders in the pl have almost secured their moves. Dunne going to Villa and Mc Shane going to Hull

:o

Mentioning Richard Dunne in the same sentance with Paul McShane is a joke.

Dunne has been a fantastic player in the premiership, yes he makes a few mistakes, who doesnt, but he is a quality player. Don't know where City would have been without him for the past 5 or 6 years. Sad to see him go if he does.

AFS

I can't understand why managers keep buying Pascal Chimbonda.

Tuncay is a good buy for Stoke, gives them something different on their crusade to basically become Bolton.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: AFS on August 27, 2009, 07:26:06 PM
I can't understand why managers keep buying Pascal Chimbonda.

Tuncay is a good buy for Stoke, gives them something different on their crusade to basically become Bolton.
i think Tuncay just made the worst mistake of his life....but Stoke just got the best player possible that would possibly go to them. Why no other team went for him I have no idea because, for someone who once scored a hat-trick in the Champions League against United, getting to the League Cup quarter finals just isn't the same.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Archie Mitchell

Just under 22 hours left of the transfer window. Closes at 5pm tomorrow due to today's bank holiday. I don't think there will be any excitement to match that of last year. Was great watching Sky Sports news to see the Robinho and Berbatov transfers unfold.

Turner has signed for Sunderland from Hull for £6 million.
Spurs in for Krankjaer and James from Pompey.
Dunne still not signed for Villa, Villa now interested in Collins from West Ham.
Ben Haim in talks with Pompey.
Benjani's move to Hull has fell through, still expect him to leave before tomorrow. (Unless he sleeps in and misses a few flights  :D)

Also Barcalona have signed some Ukranian defender, Dymytro Chygrynsky for £22 million.

gallsman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 31, 2009, 07:22:32 PM

Also Barcalona have signed some Ukranian defender, Dymytro Chygrynsky for £22 million.

That's now over 60 million plus Eto'o they've spent on two players. They'll almost have to do it all over again to keep everyone happy. Who am I to question Guardiola though? Maxwell at left back was a good buy for them.

Archie Mitchell

Bit of an uneventful deadline day, but still some deals done:

James Collins - West Ham to Villa
Niko Kranjaer - Pompey to Spurs
Ben Haim - City to Pompey  :)
Taino - Sunderland to Birmingham (loan)
Nugent - Pompey to Burnley (loan)
Danny Collins - Sunderland to Stoke
Johnny Heitinga - Atl Madrid to Everton

Richard Dunne deal yet to be confirmed and nothing else in the pipeline.

Cillo

Whats the story with Sol Campbell. Heard on the radio there that he is looking out of his Notts County contract already?
Has it something to do with Spurs lacking defenders? And that fact that mad Harry said he would like him back.

nutsy--1

i'd doubt if theres any story to it. I would hope for the life of campbell that he would not return to spurs.

PadraicHenryPearse

Would Love if Notts County would just be out of the media for a while (im a Notts County supporter) There are rumours of a point deduction aswell about our takeover. Don't think Sol is right mentally and to move to our level was probably a mistake. wish we would make a statement to settle the matter.