Laois Under 21 Football championship 2016

Started by Hospital Pass, October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoislad80

Your forgetting they are a lot of sarsfeild players who are of that standard but for one reason or another never played with Laois sometime it was lack of interest and others time focusing on soccer ect I just have a feeling sarsfeild are going to nick this Sean Moore to the fore massively as I don't think Joseph's have a player capable of doing a job on him I thought knowls would at least limit him but was roasted completely. Sarsfeild goalie is also very good but never went to trials or anything but you would expect both final teams to have top keepers anyway

Laoislad80

Also another point you say joes/Bhouse haven't conceded a gaol from play I think SARS have the best possibly full forward line(depending how they line up maher-Moore-caffery you'd imagine and I don't think joes have come up against that while I think joes full forward line will go like this James smith Mick keogh ciaran ramsbottom which is a classy line to be fair but I think SARS are capable of holding it at bay bar keogh of course only pososblt to limit him at underage level. Joes main threat comes from wing backs wing forwards and midfeild SARS will try get release the ball up as quickly as possible to the boys inside and joes could get caught if they attack which they wing backs are known for! And that could be they undoing. Who would ye expect to pick up Moore? Or even if he's double marked as you would imagine will happen

Laoislad80

Ramsbottom was in  corner forward against dempseys Higgins usually plays their but nether we're listed in the paper?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laoislad80 on November 15, 2016, 03:53:07 PM
Might come as a shock to many but I'm backing  sars to win this reasons being they haven't conceded a goal yet have the same level of firepower(Moore caffery and Jason maher all very good forwards) also going off the semi this sars team have heart and a ever say die attitude. I give Joseph's the edge in the middle but o think Sara can limit Daly and campion if they set up right and Morris is in good form at full back so id say he can limit Michael keogh but I don't see a player off Joseph's that'll keep Moore quite and caffery and maher speed will
Be very hard to handle if their double mark Moore and leave them two space
Wow ye boys over around Kilcavan are very confident even bordering on cockiness.Your tactics etc as described in your posts would do Jim Gavin proud so im thinking of putting a score or two on SARS  :o. Should i ????

Laoislad80

Not cocky just think sarsfeild are being under estimated a lot by most people! They've a serious set of forwards a solid not spactualar midfeild but plenty of size their and a back line that shan't even conceded a penalty you could forgive us for being confident but joes are a serous outfit I just think we've the better set of forwards sarsfeild is where I'd put my money anyway!

Uisce

Quote from: Laoislad80 on November 15, 2016, 11:31:37 PM
Not cocky just think sarsfeild are being under estimated a lot by most people! They've a serious set of forwards a solid not spactualar midfeild but plenty of size their and a back line that shan't even conceded a penalty you could forgive us for being confident but joes are a serous outfit I just think we've the better set of forwards sarsfeild is where I'd put my money anyway!

Where are you on the Sarsfield team Laoislad?

Laoislad80

I'm not on it just have seen them play all championship matchs and would know most of their players

les Antiques

Can see Josephs nicking this . If they keep Moore anyway quite or if he has an off day Sarsfield will struggle .

Laoislad80

Quote from: les Antiques on November 16, 2016, 09:43:00 AM
Can see Josephs nicking this . If they keep Moore anyway quite or if he has an off day Sarsfield will struggle .
[/quote

Who would you expect to pick up Moore? Also
Moore is the main man but he's not alone in the forwards either!

Laoiseabu

Laoislad wud you mind tellin me what clubs the sarsfields boys are from 1 to 15 out of curiosity

Laoislad80

No problem at all I'll give you ther strongest team

Gk
              Shane Dempsey(mm)

Ethan lawlor(mm) Oisin Morris(mm) Barry Conroy(mm)

Darragh Connolly(ballyfin) Gareth dunphy(ballyfin) David Connolly(ballyfin)

Max Connolly(ballyfin) ger reiley(clonasee)/James Hillard (mm)

Evan hunt(Kilcavan Jason caffery(mm) Cathal cleary(mm)

Jason maher(Kilcavan) Sean moore(ballyfin) Gary hofmiester(ballyfin

Used subs would be Conor mangan(Kilcavan) Conor comiskey(mm)

Laoiseabu

What number was Jason maher against stradbally

Laoislad80

17 but I think he's only being eased into it and is to start against joes

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoislad80 on November 16, 2016, 10:15:56 AM
17 but I think he's only being eased into it and is to start against joes
Smart move, keep an element of surprise to him.

Laoislad80

What you mean don draper? He'd be relatively unknown to having not played for Laois due to soccer I think! Not sure on that though