Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Calling off all those league games would be silly, county boys want to be playing for their clubs.

i beileve St Brids think this is their year. good side of the draw and more players signed up this year. after the first league game then they are on their way.

a Galls/Cargin v St Brids final ;)

glens abu

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 14, 2009, 01:21:58 PM
You bemoaned Bakers appointment, and suggested he was not good enough. Well he has been good enough to get u boys promoted...one point here , one point there, bull shit. He has got u promoted. Its all about results , and he has improved your lot in 4 quick months. looking at it from the outside, I would think promotion was more important than the championship this year. Its important to play against better teams. Also the players will be prepared to committ more due to having some success. BTW when was the last time Antrim played out of Div 4.

And the good news, it took a Derry man to show you boys how to do it :P :D

Not  a word of thanks or praise from you...says it all about you

your right Max Baker has done all thats been asked of him  while sorting out some of the discipline problems as well so deserves plenty of praise,but also remember Max there is an Antrim man in there helping to bring success to your county.

mrsandman

Quote from: milltown row on April 15, 2009, 11:52:27 AM
Calling off all those league games would be silly, county boys want to be playing for their clubs.

i beileve St Brids think this is their year. good side of the draw and more players signed up this year. after the first league game then they are on their way.

Would St.Brigids be regarded as the Chelsea/Man City of Antrim Football? Man City probably more fitting.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Glensman on April 15, 2009, 11:43:56 AM
If so that's a joke. Antrim promoted already.

We would already be starting the season on the wrong foot by doing this. Absolutely nothing wrong with league games being played Wednesday 22nd, final on the Saturday and league games the following Wednesday.

We need to wise up. From what little I hear of Baker I'd be surprised if he would enforce calling the game off.

The Sligo rematch will be a good opportunity at a competetive friendly but the leagues need to go on.

This is Antrim football first senior final in how?....and youse boys won't even give them the time to prepare properly for it....you never know they might win and ...you never know it might further help confidence in the county team...and you never know more players might just want to play for Antrim. Lads try looking past the end of your nose.

Gold

i have only got praise for Bradley, hes done great. I have full faith that we will continue on an upward curve under his leadership.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

milltown row

Andy McLean back in the Antrim panel, big addition to the squad.

looking like a trip to Ballybofey i think, an upset on the cards

DownFanatic

Quote from: mrsandman on April 15, 2009, 12:23:21 PM

Would St.Brigids be regarded as the Chelsea/Man City of Antrim Football? Man City probably more fitting.

The Loughinisland of Antrim football would be more apt

FermGael

Reading the Gaelic life there now.  Rory Gallagher joining his brother Ronan at St Gall's.
There will be some ego's in that dressing room.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

milltown row

Ronan's a sound fella, whats his brother like? would he still be a quality footballer?

FermGael

Quality footballer, no doubt.
On natural ability, one of Fermanaghs finest.
Still holds the record for highest individual score in an Ulster Championship game

probably should have got a run this year with the county but O'Rourke did not seem him as part of the way his team play football.

What's he like??   
I  have editied my comment because i was being a bit harsh.

He is a decent fella but sometimes loses the run of himself. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

glens abu

He was great on the old Guitar was our Rory :'(

culchie11

Matches next wednesday are off!!
probably just be the games with county players/panelists involved.

wonder why ccc didnt forsee this!!
or maybe they did and have a date set aside for refixes!

rory gallagher signing up for galls, fella rooney from down signing up st brigids, what next?!?!?!
delargy must have missed out on them, he'll be kicking himself!!

heard the other night, mark dougan is for boston to join up with his mate magill for the summer!!
thought he had been playing well for county team, against sligo he was one of best forwards on show!!
not sure if he will even be about for donegal match!!
noticed he isnt starting on saturday!!

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: FermGael on April 17, 2009, 01:30:51 PM
Quality footballer, no doubt.
On natural ability, one of Fermanaghs finest.
Still holds the record for highest individual score in an Ulster Championship game

probably should have got a run this year with the county but O'Rourke did not seem him as part of the way his team play football.

What's he like??   
I  have editied my comment because i was being a bit harsh.

He is a decent fella but sometimes loses the run of himself. 

Do a bit of reading between the lines and FermGael is spot on.  He has played for Fermanagh and Cavan...will he declare for Antrim?  If so steer clear!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

A Quinn Martin Production

From the BBC:

Antrim lodge objection to venue

Antrim have lodged an objection to the decision to stage next weekend's NFL Division Four final in Longford.

Antrim are objecting to the choice of venue on the grounds that they will have to travel twice the distance of their opponents Sligo.

Saffrons chairman John McSparran has criticised the decision of the Central Competitions Control Committee.

He has argued that the Division Three and Four finals should be played at Croke Park or Parnell Park.

Earlier this week Down manager Ross Carr slammed the decision to play his side's Division Three decider against Tipperary as "scandalous".

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Glensman

Surely Clones would be better and suit Antrim, Down, Sligo with only Tipp having to travel further.
Parnell makes the most sense with the roads into Dublin and would tempt me down.
As much as I love the county Longford for a game between two already promoted sides won't entice me.

Galls will be very, very hard to stop. Gallagher working up in the city then?