Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebble-dasher

Patrick gallagher was minor last year as well, would be a bit young for senior as would flemming.  Think baker is mad for including them but hope to be proved wrong.

imtommygunn

Antrim 1-4 Queens 3-17  ???

Crozier got 2-1 for Queens though and McGourty 2-5 for St Marys so at least a couple of promising things but that's a shocking scoreline!

Gold

thats a tanking. we cant sink any lower can we?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on January 14, 2009, 10:51:55 PM
A digger was set alight outside Casement Park at around 7pm.

Buckin students.

Digger from Sarsfields is reported to be "keeping alright so I am".

man is a lunatic

at least the antrim college players are playing well
the difference between success and failure is energy

edendorkgael

EDENDORK ST MALACHY'S GAC                     
                                           presents

"COUNTDOWN TO CROKER"

AN EVENING OF CHAT & DEBATE ON THE HOT TOPICS OF THE GAA

Would you like to be the new owner of this future greyhound champion?

Get along to the Glenavon House Hotel, Cookstown, on Friday January 23rd, when Edendork St Malachys GAC will host a gala chat evening 'Countdown To Croker' featuring Tyrone and Dublin legends from the '95 final. The greyhound pup is just one of the many items which will be auctioned on the big night, proceeds going towards the rebuilding of Edendork clubhouse, destroyed in an arson attack. Above, Austin Kelly, Edendork GFC, receives the pup from Peter Bayne (representing Mr Paddy Owens, who donated the pup). Also pictured is well known greyhound personality Mr Brenden Gervin who has kindly agreed to look after the pup.
The pup is three and a half months old and is a son of leading sire Ningbo Jack. His mother is from the much sought after breeding line of Staplers Jo and has already thrown winners in her previous two litters.
Anyone wishing to place a bid for the pup should telephone
07841 927437.

Cruncher

Could someone post a list of senior managers for division1 this year?

playwiththewind1st

Yet another "pseudo" supporter who glorifies in bad results for this county. Go back to sites that welcome your diatribe of hopeless hysteria.

I take it that they were referring to here pmsl.

Off The Fence

Was at the game last night and boy did Queens give you boys a pasting!!

Far superior all over the pitch and probably wasteful in some of their possession which could have led to alot more scores..

To say Baker has alot of work to do is an understatement!

Sure its only January I suppose ::)

Glensman

A tanking it sure was. Queens were first to most balls and gathered up any break balls.
Interesting to see Crozier played in the full forward line for Queens...pretty much him and O'Neill left to it in there and it worked.
He has great hands and is a strong runner on the ball but have never seen him play in the FF line. I know he has played CHF for Cargin. Other Antrim players for Queens in Deccy O'Hagan and James Loughgrey played well with Mark Sweeney coming on.

Not sure the Michael McCann experiment at CHB worked at all for Antrim. His playmaking ability was lost in midfield.

Could certainly see that Queens have been training solidly together for 3/4 months. Good unit.
Vernon and Sean Leo McGoldrick (think he was number 7) are class acts.

milltown row

glensman!! you also left out another Antrim man in Sean Burke, scoring a point also. but getting away from that.......

1-4 says it all!!!! a ten point beating in Ballybofey this June

Baker must be wondering "what da f*ck"

i hear he's a bit mental during halftime team talks, that really works ;)

NAG

MR did you really expect him to be anything else?

Glensman

Apologies - I realised in the afternoon about Sean Burke and figured you'd be on to me!

Would love to be a fly on the wall at half time.

1. Kelly, McClean, Crozier, CJ McGourty, Niblock, Pollock, O'Boyle, Cunnigham, Loughrey, Burke, O'Hagan, T McCann...all very good players to come in.
2. Collective training - the rules against which Antrim did abide by. Unlike countless other teams, especially in the south.
3. A decent league run and promotion.

Antrim will beat Donegal (feck it, I need something to look forward to).

PS I won't be betting on this.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Glensman on January 16, 2009, 10:54:08 AM
Apologies - I realised in the afternoon about Sean Burke and figured you'd be on to me!

Would love to be a fly on the wall at half time.

1. Kelly, McClean, Crozier, CJ McGourty, Niblock, Pollock, O'Boyle, Cunnigham, Loughrey, Burke, O'Hagan, T McCann...all very good players to come in.
2. Collective training - the rules against which Antrim did abide by. Unlike countless other teams, especially in the south.
3. A decent league run and promotion.

Antrim will beat Donegal (feck it, I need something to look forward to).

PS I won't be betting on this.

You can delete a few from number 1 there. The first two and possibly the fourth as well.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NAG

SS2 you know something we dont regarding the Ranch Forward?

saffron sam2

Quote from: NAG on January 16, 2009, 11:35:19 AM
SS2 you know something we dont regarding the Ranch Forward?

Yes, in fact I do. His full name is Conor John Pius McGourty.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet