Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

What's went wrong at st endas ? They seemed to be the big coming force just a few years back

antrimman667

Referees getting a lot of stink I see on SV instagram? are they that bad within the county?

bannside

You're not going to draw attention or get the views if you run a headline "Antrim referees are doing grand".

Aghagallon look the value at 15/2 but the rest of the odds are thereabouts. Hard to see outside top half half a dozen on that list.

Ref, JMK has added Scotchy Hagan to his management team this year in a prominent role. Think I've only see KMG once but no doubt John has plans to escalate that pre championship. We are in a tough enough group, there's not a lot of room for error.

JimStynes

Depends who Rossa get playing for them but they could win a few games. Few very handy players in their ranks too!

imtommygunn

Quote from: antrimman667 on July 11, 2023, 01:27:03 PM
Referees getting a lot of stink I see on SV instagram? are they that bad within the county?

Tbh if the contributions to this forum are anything to go by then they're not worth paying any attention to.

Rossa always dangerous come championship. McGettigan, Walsh, Byrne and McEnhill at county plus the likes of Beatty. They'll compete better than they do in the league.

Ghost+Tommy

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 11, 2023, 12:11:35 PM
What's went wrong at st endas ? They seemed to be the big coming force just a few years back
Michael Mc Namee,Kristan Healy,Eoghan Nagle transfers haven't helped Carl,take into account the 3 lads up with Andy,off course we were going to struggle

breakingball

What happened now?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on July 11, 2023, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 11, 2023, 12:11:35 PM
Michael Mc Namee,Kristan Healy,Eoghan Nagle transfers haven't helped Carl,take into account the 3 lads up with Andy,off course we were going to struggle

Where did they transfer to?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2023, 02:36:14 PM

Tbh if the contributions to this forum are anything to go by then they're not worth paying any attention to.

Rossa always dangerous come championship. McGettigan, Walsh, Byrne and McEnhill at county plus the likes of Beatty. They'll compete better than they do in the league.

Seriously , when was the last time they beat a fancied team ie Cargin or St Gallsin the past 20 yrs,  or even Creggan in the past 5/6 yrs  to get such kudos

imtommygunn

I don't think they'll win or close but I don't think they would be far away from most teams. Tbh I find it hard to see Cargin beat this year.

Ghost+Tommy

Where did they transfer to?
[/quote] Michael/Dublin, Kristan/London,Eoghan/Australia

BrendanAntrim

Condolences and sympathy to all at St Agnes club and the Compston family especially, they lost a long time stalwart this week on the passing of Raymond Compston (senior). RIP

antrimman667

big matches tonight, who is going down?

Would ye whist

Surprising lack of chat about tonight's games considering they will probably be the single biggest game of the season for at least 3 clubs

ck

Quote from: Would ye whist on July 19, 2023, 01:29:29 PM
Surprising lack of chat about tonight's games considering they will probably be the single biggest game of the season for at least 3 clubs

Any results?