Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Moneyglass may well struggle next year......the Duffin bros are away to Aussie land, Ryan Boyd and Kevin Brady retired......may well take a couple of years for their youngsters to settle in.

paddyjohn

Happy Christmas lads & ladies.. McCooey & Culchie alike!

country bumpkin

Galer

Jes lads u got very quiet over crimbo.any new year res.on how to help antrim in a positive and productive manner?

Pocs pints and the gaa

Can anyone from creggan explain why Armagh have two representatives in the Ulster club u21 competition and Antrim have none?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on December 31, 2016, 12:20:15 PM
Can anyone from creggan explain why Armagh have two representatives in the Ulster club u21 competition and Antrim have none?

No, can you?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galer

paddyjohn

Anymore movements on the managerial front within clubs?

Galer

Only 1 heard was sean mc veighs da mickey is taking bmena

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 04, 2017, 11:42:57 AM

Glenravel advertising today - will be interesting to see who they pull if the rumours about their hurling appointment are true - they are a club that seems to have been underachieving for the best part of 10 years so they have probably tried a few different approaches in that time to no avail so maybe time for a bit of box office?

Hectic

Quote from: Galer on January 04, 2017, 05:47:33 PM
Only 1 heard was sean mc veighs da mickey is taking bmena

Never heard that - wonder how the sons would take to that - not always best having your Da manage though both are well enough established now to the point it should not matter.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on January 05, 2017, 02:01:23 PM

Glenravel advertising today - will be interesting to see who they pull if the rumours about their hurling appointment are true - they are a club that seems to have been underachieving for the best part of 10 years so they have probably tried a few different approaches in that time to no avail so maybe time for a bit of box office?

As I've said before on here I work with a lad from Glenravel who would be quite open and honest in his opinions. Apparently the hurling job is a done deal but the football isn't looking likely anytime soon. They have underachieved apart from a JFC and a few promotions which were followed by relegation.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 05, 2017, 02:39:40 PM

As I've said before on here I work with a lad from Glenravel who would be quite open and honest in his opinions. Apparently the hurling job is a done deal but the football isn't looking likely anytime soon. They have underachieved apart from a JFC and a few promotions which were followed by relegation.

I remember Glenravel being nothing but a Div 1 football team for years and years.  A look at the club now and you see one of the most impressive setups in Antrim.  Granted a good well run club has more to offer than just what happens on the sporting field but does your mate consider wining a Junior Championship and getting promoted from Division 3 as a club that is achieving.  Will all due respect to Glenravel , the JFC and Div 3 I would say that they would probably view these things as a first step to where they would want to get back to.  If the hurling rumour is true then for me that shows an ambitious club and again if true fair play to them for pulling that one off.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on January 05, 2017, 03:03:44 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 05, 2017, 02:39:40 PM

I remember Glenravel being nothing but a Div 1 football team for years and years.  A look at the club now and you see one of the most impressive setups in Antrim.  Granted a good well run club has more to offer than just what happens on the sporting field but does your mate consider wining a Junior Championship and getting promoted from Division 3 as a club that is achieving.  Will all due respect to Glenravel , the JFC and Div 3 I would say that they would probably view these things as a first step to where they would want to get back to.  If the hurling rumour is true then for me that shows an ambitious club and again if true fair play to them for pulling that one off.

Like any club they want to be the best they can.

Hectic

Don't tend to hear a lot of rumours - half up to speed with what is happening back at my own club but even at that not living in the area I do not be talking to those in the know on a regular basis - all should become clear in the next couple of months.