Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on January 18, 2012, 09:29:56 PM
Antrim 2-12 qub 1-14 , good win to finish McKenna cup. Neeson had good game, scored 1-4 I think.

Family contacts back in Belfast speak highly of this boy...a bit of a prospect?

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: AQMP on January 19, 2012, 09:09:33 AM
Antrim 2-12 qub 1-14 , good win to finish McKenna cup. Neeson had good game, scored 1-4 I think.

Family contacts back in Belfast speak highly of this boy...a bit of a prospect?

First time i have seen him play and he certainly  impressed. Kerr was excellent in goal, better all lround keeper than mcs. Most important aspect was the number of scores from play, a failure of antrim teams for years, but early days!

saffron sam2

Quote from: bannside on January 17, 2012, 08:25:05 PM
CJ ....had an Ulster minor league game on the day of the next round,

Your recollection seems at odds with this chap.

Quote from: johnjoe on August 16, 2007, 11:24:07 AM
Cj wasnt playing minor, read my post, he was playing for his school.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

bannside

SS2 - you are 100% correct. Crozier had the minor game, and the "authorities" deemed he should stick to his year group - despite having played in the U-21 victory against Fermanagh two weeks earlier.

CJ played an All Ireland B colleges semi final for La Salle the same day. Scored something awesome like 4-12 or something in a non event. Won by about 30 points, in Dundalk if I recall.

Our game was at 3.30 in Omagh - so logistically it should have been possible for CJ to play both - or until he knew La Salle were safe which would have been after about 10 minutes.

Antrim agreed to Tyrones request to bring the game forward to 1.30 pm - a ludicrous decision at the best of times. This decision effectly ruled CJ out. In the form he was in at the time he would have made a big difference to our U-21s - we really needed a finisher in that position.

Both decisions cost us the Ulster that year, with a team that I believe would have gone the whole way. Its history now - and we will never know the answer. But that was an awesome squad.

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

If this is how we look being successful, I would hate to see our future failures, god help us all.
"Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one"

"Sure we wont go away ya know"

Enough

Rasharkin Gael

I bet your one of the posse sitting down in the club rooms slandering every other member how like the posse has the balls to stand up to the CCC, UC got it right and Croke laughed at it, you know and I know there's people Rasharkin have been trying to banish from the clubs for a long time and im not talking about trouble makers, I know of six lads the club pushed away because they stood up to what was going on and the six of them could play on any team in Antrim. The club is as they say "rotten to the core" always has been and always will be. I for one know of alot of young lads who wont put the blue and yellow on again the reason being should they stand up for themselves in anyway know they club will turn its back on them.

And as for the AGM why would the I go to it as I wouldnt fit the bill. In the case of Rasharkin its not who you know but more who you are and if your title isnt right your not the person for the club.

Simon Says

Our best performers against tyrone and queens were neeson, kelly, kerr, martin johnston,neeson. Tomas mc cann looks dangerous with his pace. we have gerard o boyle, kevin o boyle, brady(st galls), mc lean, burke, Mc gourtys, mick mc cann all to come back into the side. Paul doherty is definatley worth a place on the squad. Hope we can build on wednesday night and get ready for sligo in two weeks time. Is it the saturday night on the sunday afternoon?

4father

Quote from: Enough on January 22, 2012, 04:20:25 PMAnd as for the AGM why would the I go to it as I wouldnt fit the bill. In the case of Rasharkin its not who you know but more who you are and if your title isnt right your not the person for the club.

I'll translate for you: I wouldn't have the balls to stand up at AGM like a man and sort out my clubs internal problems.  I'd rather come on the gaaboard and hang my clubs dirty washing out in public.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Enough on January 22, 2012, 04:20:25 PM
I bet your one of the posse sitting down in the club rooms slandering every other member how like the posse has the balls to stand up to the CCC, UC got it right and Croke laughed at it, you know and I know there's people Rasharkin have been trying to banish from the clubs for a long time and im not talking about trouble makers, I know of six lads the club pushed away because they stood up to what was going on and the six of them could play on any team in Antrim. The club is as they say "rotten to the core" always has been and always will be. I for one know of alot of young lads who wont put the blue and yellow on again the reason being should they stand up for themselves in anyway know they club will turn its back on them.

I have read, re-read and then re-read the above. I am still at a loss as to what it could possibly mean.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

Quote from: 4father on January 22, 2012, 07:39:33 PM
Quote from: Enough on January 22, 2012, 04:20:25 PMAnd as for the AGM why would the I go to it as I wouldnt fit the bill. In the case of Rasharkin its not who you know but more who you are and if your title isnt right your not the person for the club.

I'll translate for you: I wouldn't have the balls to stand up at AGM like a man and sort out my clubs internal problems.  I'd rather come on the gaaboard and hang my clubs dirty washing out in public.
Fair play to you 4Father , I admire your integrity and honesty, a real pity a few others who post here are not anywhere near as forthright as you. Nudge, nudge, wink wink if you know what and who I mean? :-X ;)
"Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one"

"Sure we wont go away ya know"

4father

Quote from: MickeyMacMhagUidhir on January 22, 2012, 10:12:41 PM
Nudge, nudge, wink wink if you know what and who I mean? :-X ;)

No I don't actually, nor do I care. 

Enough

4Father if you knew anything at all about Rasharkin club you might understand what I am talking about. But you dont. And I have done more for the club than many of the Kingpins who are only seen when theres a camera and silverwear. And yes I will hang the dirty washing out! Why attend and AGM full of two face spikes?

ManInBlackandGreen

Looks like you beginning to piss off other people on the site 4father, as I suggested previously the stoop down low party would embrace people such as yourself ;D

4father

Thought you might have been banned... again.  How many profiles have you had?

Enough, AGM is the only time and place where you can have your say.  But given that you re such an esteemed member, you'd lready know that.  Not very honourable coming on here and doing it.

Keane

Where would you guys rate yourselves in Ulster at the end of the preseason comps and heading into the league?

Any players stand out as vitally important?