Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

there was a seperate committee, which was made up of the County chairman and secretary, someone from Creggan and Ahoghill (who seemingly have stated they know nothing about hurling) and 2 others. They made the recommendation that Sambo and Woody get the post, that is how the vote took place.

theskull1

Sorry for my ignorance aontroim abu, but do these committees give their reasons for their selection before the floor vote?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

aontroim abu

Sorry skull havent a clue, if anyone out there does please post

maxpower

well i for one will wish the two lads all the best for the antrim senior hurling job, two terrific players in there day, they know how to win in a saffron jersey and will have the respect of most of the players.  good luck indeed,

i do have my concerns, i wonder what Sambo will take the reins, the one who in his Irish News column lambasted Dinny Cahill for the lack of a thriving club scene in Antrim or the Sambo who along with Woody suffocated the life out of the minor competitions this year in pursuit of a big scalp with there talented minor team.

I'm open to correction here, maybe it wasn't there fault only 4 meaningless minor hurling league matches were playd this year, but i been led to believe it was, their preparation of the minor team being to such an extent it prohibited the development of other players

As a club hurler i hope the dog wags the tail this year and we get a thriving club scene, which may very well be for the benefit of the county team.
What happens next????

milltown row

I doubt it very much, i would love to have heard there interview and wheat they promised for the county team, have they got a money backer? and will they have a say in how the county is going to sort out the hurling leagues. also who is taking the minor hurling team?

Quarterback

Kust reading the irishnews during lunch and was appauled at the comments of kevin mc gourty.  To stand up and say that jody gormley will win nothing with the panel he has picked.  Its a disgrace, wat gives him the rite to judge, wat has he don, hes an average fottie player who is a slabber on the field, he appears in the irish news every so ofteh when he says 'boo' I tell ya if he was a tyrone man and he said what he did about micky hartem it would be bye bye mc gourty...Pr**k

amninc

amninc

Sound like a boy that mc gourty has got the better off.  Hes 100% right in what he is saying maybe stand back and look at your opinions.  Far from an average footballer either, walk onto any ulster team - jealousy is a wonderfull thing.

cville

McGourty thinks he's Jesus! Too big headed - Nobody is bigger than the County and he is learning!

nrico2006

Lol, wise up.  McGourty is a decent football player, but he is a mouth and what has he done in the game to warrant slabbering to the irish news week in week out, the fact thats hes a student at his age must contribute to his frequent availability for spouting.  He would not get on the tyrone or armagh teams, and would not get on derry. down or donegals either.  Whats has he done for antrim, Ive never seen him score too much. He was class aginst fermanagh in the championship in 2006 too
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

saffron

Why was Sambo and Woody given a 3 year term and McKernan only a one year term?

Forgive my ignorance but how does the appointment of Antrim managers work??

Quarterback

If anything the younger brother is much more of a talanted player,...Im not jealous of a man that is a nobody....why would i b?  It just annoys me to c a man slabber about his county and new manager....I dont want to read this in the paper....He isnt an excellent player, hes an average player....AVERAGE, and to say that he got the better of me,,,,,i doubt it....Lets just day i havent been sitting watching all ireland finals from behind the box in 03 and 05......

saffronman

As everyone agrees McGourty is a mouth piece and a p***k i dont know him personally but he seems the type who you couldnt like even if you reared him, his outburst in todays paper does not suprise me at all, there'll be plenty more before his career is finished. he is a good footballer, sometimes untouchable but most tmes i have watched him he is more interested in slabbering to the ref and his team mates instead of getting stuck in! Jody is completely right to pick players who are committed to the cause and want to wear the jersey with pride and will not cry off  from training because they are hungover or sitting on a high stool as is the case with the afore mentioned!

Guillem2

Good luck to Woody & Sambo. They have their work cut out for them. I hope they have a plan. Personnaly I would have stuck with Jingo for another year. He took the job when we were very low and noone else wanted it. He did all he could for the county in the circumstances and now he's been shafted by the clubs. He'd be right to feel bitter.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

johnneycool

Quote from: saffron on November 21, 2006, 02:53:12 PM
Why was Sambo and Woody given a 3 year term and McKernan only a one year term?

Forgive my ignorance but how does the appointment of Antrim managers work??

I think someone posted on here (or the old board) before that if the clubs nominate someone else for the role then the county executive are obliged to look into it and interview all parties again, so IMO  the three year term thing isn't really worth a jot.