Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutralobserver

2 cracking games lined up for the weekend,

portlaoise by a few as portarlington will allow them to play not like the defensive system put in by st josephs (not criticising)

killeshin just by a few also as they will have more physical power and experience than ballyfin

Don Draper

Port v Killeshin. The All Sash Final is one the cards.

les Antiques

It will be interesting to see how portarlington will approach this . Can't see them going gung-ho at Portlaoise. Has the makings of a very good game but wouldn't count on it . Portarlington by 4 , showing momentum and hunger  which hasn't been evident with The Town so far this year.
Killeshin on paper should have too much experience and power but I wouldn't be writing Ballyfin off . That club is on the up and they have great feel good factor at the moment. 

Laoiseabu

This port - Portlaoise game must be the first game in over 10 years in Laois where the majority of the people are expecting Portlaoise not to win. Usually red hot favourites. It should be a right tussle and it has a feel about it that I've never felt about a Laois club match in years .
Killeshin should have too much for Ballyfin although there mightn't be a huge amount in it . With the likes of Eoin Lowry , Evan Lowry, Shane Bolger , Stephen Attride , Michael Doran, David Aston, Adam Deering , Cathal Brennan and maybe even the two McDermotts they could even surprise a few in a final too .

Unlaoised

Ballyfin have really surprised everyone and for good reason are the talk of the county David Connolly at full back has to be worth a go somewhere on a Laois football panel.

Not to mention Sean Moore

Killeshin however will be strong favourites with the boost of half a team home from the states .

They have played more football at a top level and could rattle Port or the Town in the final
LAOIS ABÚ

Joeythelips

Has Quirke been ratified yet? Hope he gets to watch the games and all 4 teams do themselves justice.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on September 24, 2019, 09:47:59 PM
Ballyfin have really surprised everyone and for good reason are the talk of the county David Connolly at full back has to be worth a go somewhere on a Laois football panel.

Not to mention Sean Moore

Killeshin however will be strong favourites with the boost of half a team home from the states .

They have played more football at a top level and could rattle Port or the Town in the final

Who are the 7-8 lads Killeshin have home from the States?

Laoiseabu

Evan Lowry , Joe Lowry , Liam Lowry ,Shane Bolger , Craig Bolger , Adam Deering , Luke Deering , Ryan Deering .

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 25, 2019, 12:35:46 PM
Evan Lowry , Joe Lowry , Liam Lowry ,Shane Bolger , Craig Bolger , Adam Deering , Luke Deering , Ryan Deering .
All starters? Thats some amount of lads to pick up.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Don Draper on September 25, 2019, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 25, 2019, 12:35:46 PM
All starters? Thats some amount of lads to pick up.

I've only heard of 3 of them. I think Laoisabu might be on the wind up there.

redsetanta

They wouldn't all be starters. Still a good strong panel with subs who can come on and have an impact.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

So its half the Junior team they have back?

Laoiseabu

I was only joking . Evan Lowry , Adam Deering , Shane Bolger are the ones home from America . Not exactly half a team but three decent lads all the same .

redsetanta

They certainly made a difference when they got back. Which team will change jerseys or will both have to.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

Big Sunday ahead...firstly I'd fancy Ballyfin to beat Killeshin .

As for Portlaoise against port , it'll be interesting. Most people have Portlaoise written off which is fine. Port are an excellent team and surely have their eyes on winning it out now, and as I was told during the week a successful Leinster campaign.

That brings its own pressure but to win a county title you need to handle that pressure, It'll be interesting to say the least, talk is pretty cheap .

Portlaoise haven't played well so far but they haven't been up for any match so far either . They are up for this one.

Whether thats enough Sunday we will see but I believe if
Portlaoise play to their potential they will win. A lot of question marks for Sunday but with the additions to the team from the Josephs game  I trust Portlaoise to get the job done.