David Clifford protection

Started by Kingdom37, January 25, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 16, 2020, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 16, 2020, 07:09:55 AM
Lads would you all stop engaging with this Kingdom37 person. Clearly a good WUM, but that's the height of it.

Excuse me I'm genuine.  Ronan Keating had a good song one time. You should look up the lyrics.
No, you are not!
Not so long ago you were pasing yourself off as kerryforsam19 and if I was assed enough I could think of another couple of your aliases. I've no problem with any of your trolling because if anyone is daft enough to respond to you, they deserve what they get.

Bingo

Kingdom37

Quote from: joemamas on February 16, 2020, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 16, 2020, 01:24:47 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 16, 2020, 07:09:55 AM
Lads would you all stop engaging with this Kingdom37 person. Clearly a good WUM, but that's the height of it.

Excuse me I'm genuine.  Ronan Keating had a good song one time. You should look up the lyrics.
No, you are not!
Not so long ago you were pasing yourself off as kerryforsam19 and if I was assed enough I could think of another couple of your aliases. I've no problem with any of your trolling because if anyone is daft enough to respond to you, they deserve what they get.

Bingo

What about questioning.referee integrityJoe?? Whi is this kerryforsam??

macker15

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 26, 2020, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2020, 11:45:14 PM
He's over 6 foot and well built, if he was a slender 5'8 19 year old you might have a point. So in a word no.
Doesn't matter what size he is, and it shouldn't be used against him.  A foul is a foul.

Agree with this. Hopefully referee and his umpires will be protecting David Clifford this evening and let him give him an exhibition of football. 

MC

All players need protection - but as long as spectators admire and praise all the fouling that suits their own team it wont happen.

If there was a real desire to see all the off the ball fouling, the pulling and pushing and the verbals eradicated it would be gone in a single league campaign.

Need to actually empower the linesmen and the umpires a lot more - and actully train them to a suitable level.

Longer term solution for the bigger games might actually be another official monitoring off the ball stuff.
If players realise they will get found out for it - it stops automatically.

I'd prefer to see good football being played without the fouling but until there is a real desire for that the cynicism will remain a big part of the game.

Watch the two D1 semi-finals this weekend with any degree of objectivity and it will be evident that all four teams will be involved in displays of cynicism.

yellowcard

Quote from: macker15 on June 12, 2021, 08:21:36 AM
He's over 6 foot and well built, if he was a slender 5'8 19 year old you might have a point. So in a word no.
Doesn't matter what size he is, and it shouldn't be used against him.  A foul is a foul.

Agree with this. Hopefully referee and his umpires will be protecting David Clifford this evening and let him give him an exhibition of football.

He was already a big lad but has noticeably bulked up a lot over the winter I don't see too many defenders capable of bullying him physically.

macker15

Quote from: yellowcard on June 12, 2021, 12:34:17 PM

He was already a big lad but has noticeably bulked up a lot over the winter I don't see too many defenders capable of bullying him physically.

David is only a young lad.

greatpoint

Anyone see the clip of Clifford grabbing the Roscommon player around the neck and throwing him to the ground? Wasn't included in any highlights nor was it mentioned anywhere. Strange.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GAA/comments/nolcc7/incident_in_roscommon_v_kerry_today_free/

imtommygunn

It not being included in any highlights may have something to do with people not having seen it I imagine...

greatpoint

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2021, 12:17:49 PM
It not being included in any highlights may have something to do with people not having seen it I imagine...

Fair play Tommy. Do you dress yourself in the mornings and all?

yellowcard

As Bernard Brogan said recently, he's got that big now that he will be bullying the corner back.

imtommygunn

Quote from: greatpoint on June 19, 2021, 01:01:03 PM

I wfh. What's the point getting dressed.

greatpoint

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on June 19, 2021, 01:01:03 PM

I wfh. What's the point getting dressed.

Can't argue with that in fairness

macker15

Quote from: greatpoint on June 19, 2021, 11:32:11 AM
Anyone see the clip of Clifford grabbing the Roscommon player around the neck and throwing him to the ground? Wasn't included in any highlights nor was it mentioned anywhere. Strange.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GAA/comments/nolcc7/incident_in_roscommon_v_kerry_today_free/

Nothing in that incident but nice dive by the rossie boy.

hoynevalley

Quote from: greatpoint on June 19, 2021, 11:32:11 AM

A bit unfair on Clifford there. Referee give him little protection.

Halfquarter

Quote from: macker15 on June 13, 2021, 08:47:04 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 12, 2021, 12:34:17 PM

David is only a young lad.

Too true, he's only a slip of a garsĂșn !

Fourth year playing senior for Kerry and nobody has laid a glove on him  so far, I wonder why ?