China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Part of me always knew the NHS workers were never getting much of a payrise, but 1%. Why do these politicians do this to themselves.

They would have been safer just saying your getting nothing than 1%.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 05, 2021, 08:01:33 PM
Part of me always knew the NHS workers were never getting much of a payrise, but 1%. Why do these politicians do this to themselves.

Scandalous when you see the money they are pulling out their arses for everyone to sit in the house

imtommygunn

Way more scandalous the amount of money they are giving to their cronies.

Rossfan

A "massive" turn out of 450 at the non socially distanced, non mask wearing anti lockdown protest in Cork.
That'll show the rest of us ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2021, 03:52:20 PM
A "massive" turn out of 450 at the non socially distanced, non mask wearing anti lockdown protest in Cork.
That'll show the rest of us ::)

I've seen more non mask people at the Cavehill this morning!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2021, 09:57:06 PM
Way more scandalous the amount of money they are giving to their cronies.

And Rees Mogg stands up in Westminster, with a straight face and says the successful vaccine roll out (to date) would not have been possible if they hadn't spunked all that money on their buddies non existent PPE.

Kidder81

It's bad politics, they will probably cave anyway. Why not just give 2 or 2.5% and probably wouldn't have been another word of it. NHS staff know as public servants there isn't going to be massive pay increases.

bennydorano

Legal challenge incoming- A lot of NHS staff are still due the last year of a 3 year deal agreed under Theresa May @ 2.1%
BBC News - NHS staff vote for 6.5% pay deal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44413436

Downtothewire

It's a toe in the water job, try 1% tell them money is tight and see how it goes. If there's not much opposition quids in, if there is play hardball and eventually end up at 2.5%

Smurfy123

Before anyone has a go at me I'm not advocating a big opening but I'm asking why have we not already moved to level 2

We have done our bit
Played by the rules
Stayed at home
Wore our masks
Socially distance
Livelihoods lost

And now
The vulnerable have now been vaccinated
Hospital numbers falling quickly

It's time this government give us something in return here
I think they get an easy ride from journalists
Easy questions asked at the press briefings

Say what you like about him but Nolan as far as what I have seen has been the only one to ask a hard question. And when he did Robbie Swann had a melt down. He had no answers

Time to give something back

The question I ask and will someone here give me an answer why are we not in level 2 already?
In that case level 5 must be zero covid

Milltown Row2

The second you brought Nolan into it you've lost me!

Schools are back on Monday, then secondary back in couple weeks, let's look at the impact on that. This lockdown is nowhere near being observed the same as the first one.

Back early and we go back into lockdown number 4

We've waited this long, let's get it right, another lockdown would finish the economy completely.

Ive already said we'll be able to live with Covid when everyone is vaccinated, we won't have zero Covid, it's here to stay, but we'll have reduced the sickness that comes from it. Just because the vulnerable have had one jab so far doesn't mean they are covered, the second jab (after 3 weeks) will give them safety.

If 30% of the people don't get vaccinated then you can blame them for it mutating

They seem really concerned with this Brazilian variant and is this the one that's covered by the vaccines?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

With due respect I'm not buying that one

3 classes are back Monday!
We are in a big lockdown
As many said here the reason why we are seeing many gather in beauty spots is that's all many can do
If for example sports were on many weekends would be spent at that and take many away from these beauty spots. Would that not even have crossed the minds of our political leaders?

But we keep moving the goalposts here! We not tell us we are locking down until we have zero people in hospitals? Instead of protecting the NHS? As It stands the NHS is protected?

And I'll ask the question again if we are not at level 2 now then when?
Can someone please even guess what the data needs to be?

For example
Yesterday
1 hospital admission and 21 leaving hospital
27 in icu
220 inpatients down from 343 the week before
640000 vaccinated

In my estimation when the review the situation on the 18th of Match hospitals will be close to double figures

Milltown Row2

Has the government come out and said we are locking down till we have zero Covid or hospital admissions?

imtommygunn

Swann really should say what the data is to drive the decisions he makes.

It isn't zero COVID or hospital admissions mind you or there wouldn't be any roadmap.

lenny

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 07, 2021, 11:42:59 AM
Swann really should say what the data is to drive the decisions he makes.

It isn't zero COVID or hospital admissions mind you or there wouldn't be any roadmap.

When they opened up for Christmas it was a disaster and caused the numbers to skyrocket. I think they're just being ultra cautious with Easter coming up. They'll wait till after Easter and a few things will open then. If we open before then families will meet up indoors and a lot of the progress will be lost.