Bury buried.

Started by Denn Forever, August 28, 2019, 01:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Bury thrown out of the league.  Was it lack of funds or just "not fit and proper" owners?  Bolton the next one in danger. Are any premier or championship looking over their shoulders?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49493499
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

imtommygunn

I was watching a bit of this on the BBC this morning. They were presenting it like a death...

Looks like a big stadium they have and they must have been in trouble for a while as they were bought for a pound though one of their fan club guy's had a point in saying that whoever bought them knew the debts when they took over so it wasn't very responsible of him to take it on if he couldn't deal with it.

pbat

Lived and worked in Bury a few years ago for 18 months. Very deprived town with high unemployment and drug issues. Garrison town and seemed to have a lots of young ex squaddies with a lot of issues. But they were very friendly people and a lot of them lived to get to Gigg Lane on a Saturday so in that regards I do feel sorry for them.

Heard a football expect on this morning that last season they got promotion but were paying players 8k-10k a week in league 2, completely crazy stuff. And looks like Bolton are about to go the same way and the they are only about 7 miles apart.

Football Finances really are nuts.

Aristo 60

Just waiting now on hearing Bolton having the doors locked...and Bolted?

clarshack

can they come back as 'The Bury', keep their titles and forget it all happened?

BennyCake

Can they start up again in the lower leagues like 'I can't believe it's not Rangers' did?

Orior

Or just concentrate on Rugby League?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggy90

A proper old-time football club with their roots firmly in their own town.
I really do feel for their supporters (and Bolton's), who knows where the axe will fall next but I fear for the EFL's very existence.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

under the bar

Quote from: pbat on August 28, 2019, 02:05:46 PM
Lived and worked in Bury a few years ago for 18 months. Very deprived town with high unemployment and drug issues. Garrison town and seemed to have a lots of young ex squaddies with a lot of issues. But they were very friendly people and a lot of them lived to get to Gigg Lane on a Saturday so in that regards I do feel sorry for them.

Heard a football expect on this morning that last season they got promotion but were paying players 8k-10k a week in league 2, completely crazy stuff. And looks like Bolton are about to go the same way and the they are only about 7 miles apart.

It's a sad state of affairs when the success/survival of some long established football clubs is reliant on overseas sugar-daddy billionaires weighing in such as with Liverpool, Man City and Leicester.

J70

Quote from: under the bar on August 28, 2019, 07:50:14 PM

It's a sad state of affairs when the success/survival of some long established football clubs is reliant on overseas sugar-daddy billionaires weighing in such as with Liverpool, Man City and Leicester.

Great.

One of the The Bar twins is here with some juvenile, hypocritical, anti-Liverpool nonsense to derail the thread.

Jim Bob

Gary Neville getting guff in Twitter by those who felt she should have stepped in and saved them.

The  aul fella  Neville's had a close association with them, director  or something

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 28, 2019, 08:04:58 PM
Gary Neville getting guff in Twitter by those who felt she should have stepped in and saved them.

The  aul fella  Neville's had a close association with them, director  or something

Would there have not been a conflict of interest with his association with Salford city and them being in the same League?

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on August 28, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

Great.

One of the The Bar twins is here with some juvenile, hypocritical, anti-Liverpool nonsense to derail the thread.

He's right though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2019, 08:13:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 28, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

Great.

He's right though.

He's right alright! He cannot include Man Utd as in their case the opposite is the case. The Glaziers are leeches taking the money away!

BennyCake