Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPatsAbu

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 08, 2021, 08:24:54 PM
Eglish were very good tonight but we were absolutely awful. Woeful all over the field. Got nothing from the county men. As bad a championship performance from us in years. Serious questions to be asked about the lack of fight! The sad thing about it is we missed enough chances to be alot closer to eglish.

The county men have done their stints at the well for this year.

NotedObserver

How'd Conor McKenna go? Any of them other eglish men county standard?

Gaafan2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on October 08, 2021, 08:33:21 PM
Eglish were very good tonight but we were absolutely awful. Woeful all over the field. Got nothing from the county men. As bad a championship performance from us in years. Serious questions to be asked about the lack of fight! The sad thing about it is we missed enough chances to be alot closer to eglish.

Did you see the performance from McKenna, outstanding I thought. You wouldn't have thought we had the best player in Ireland playing for us. 

Under Lights

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 08, 2021, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on October 08, 2021, 08:33:21 PM

Did you see the performance from McKenna, outstanding I thought. You wouldn't have thought we had the best player in Ireland playing for us.

When did Meyler move to Pomeroy?

Tres Bien

Quote from: NotedObserver on October 08, 2021, 08:37:33 PM

McKenna was very good.

Thought Eglish eased off in the seond half, 9 points off.

Think Jordan will be worth a look at, he was quiet enough but he looks to have bulked up a lot this year and was playing deeper than he normally would.

McGleenan will get a chance at some point too, u20 again next year so as well do the year with them before getting a senior call up. He's a big unit and looks a good prospect though he looks like mobility could go against him a little at county level.

Colm Byrne is another good player but probably not really better than anything in the squad at the minute.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 08, 2021, 09:01:22 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on October 08, 2021, 08:37:33 PM

McKenna was very good.

Thought Eglish eased off in the seond half, 9 points off.

Think Jordan will be worth a look at, he was quiet enough but he looks to have bulked up a lot this year and was playing deeper than he normally would.

McGleenan will get a chance at some point too, u20 again next year so as well do the year with them before getting a senior call up. He's a big unit and looks a good prospect though he looks like mobility could go against him a little at county level.

Colm Byrne is another good player but probably not really better than anything in the squad at the minute.

They definitely didn't ease off. I lost count of the number of times they had men going down injured to kill momentum. Smart from them but very frustrating.

Aaron Boone

Omagh, Trillick or Dromore to win it for me this year. The West have the aces. 

Mikhailov

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 08, 2021, 09:57:33 PM
Omagh, Trillick or Dromore to win it for me this year. The West have the aces.

FFS, you were championing Eglish a few days ago. Make up your f**king kind.

clarshack

What was the injury to Mattie Donnelly? It looked serious enough.

sidelineball

Hold on sure Eglish only won it 52 years ago, are you sure they won't retain it?
And gaafan is right Eglish were extremely lucky, the keeper shouldn't have lay down that time he was elbowed in the face. Only for that, different game.

Gaafan2

Quote from: sidelineball on October 08, 2021, 10:36:31 PM
Hold on sure Eglish only won it 52 years ago, are you sure they won't retain it?
And gaafan is right Eglish were extremely lucky, the keeper shouldn't have lay down that time he was elbowed in the face. Only for that, different game.

On which occasion are you referring to, the 3rd or 4th time he lay down? Did you not see my previous post on the game, Eglish were fully deserving winners. We were awful but eglish definitely didn't ease off in the second half. They killed momentum at every opportunity.

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on October 06, 2021, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: Tres Bien on October 06, 2021, 03:19:20 PM
Anyone give Eglish a decent chance at a run this year?

With the McKennas and youngesters like the McGleenans, Jordan, Donnelly and Colm Byrne they have a crop of very good young players and Mattie McGleenan in charge is bound to have a good buzz around them this year.

They're very much a wild card for me, the fact McKenna has played so little for them gives them that suprise factor. Defence could be dodgy but they've got serious scoring power across the team.
They do have a good mix but are coming up against an experienced defensive side and will struggle to get enough scores to win.
No point listening to my opinion from here out.
Luke Donnelly & especially Ethan Jordan are developing well.

skeog

MD being wished a speedy and full recovery by Teamtalk big blow to Trillick imo.

Tres Bien

I didn't see the Trillick game, what happened Donnelly? Was it a leg injury or blow?

Big win for Trillick, they have the firepower to trouble any team but the injury for Donnelly could set them back.

clarshack

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 10:40:09 AM
I didn't see the Trillick game, what happened Donnelly? Was it a leg injury or blow?

Big win for Trillick, they have the firepower to trouble any team but the injury for Donnelly could set them back.

was a collision but it could be a leg injury. the concern for Trillick was that after he went off it was all Galbally.