Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 28, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
from this year onward the provincial win will merely be the quickest way into the super 8s. the trophy will mean very little unless its a county that hasnt won it in 20+ years. the super 8s will be the only show in town from now on.

I think it was Jack o'connor in his autobiography that called Tyrone fans nouveau riche. Sadly, he was right.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2018, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 28, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
from this year onward the provincial win will merely be the quickest way into the super 8s. the trophy will mean very little unless its a county that hasnt won it in 20+ years. the super 8s will be the only show in town from now on.

I think it was Jack o'connor in his autobiography that called Tyrone fans nouveau riche. Sadly, he was right.

Ulster came to be treated the same by Tyrone management and players last decade. We were all same

southtyronegael

i dont believe a county the size of tyrone with all they underage structures and quality club football should be happy just winning ulsters.

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 01, 2018, 12:18:03 PM
i dont believe a county the size of tyrone with all they underage structures and quality club football should be happy just winning ulsters.

Tell us about underage in your own club stg, who has broke through the ranks and came onto the tyrone panel in the last few years? Because from the outside looking in, underage in tyrone is not as healthy as it is portrayed.

The problem is simple and again I will reiterate what is it, we have about 100 footballers of the same calibre in tyrone. We dont have a brian dooher, stephen o neill, peter canavan type player, to name but a few. To prove my point how many tyrone players on the current panel would have got on in 2003/2005??

BennyHarp

How does our underage structure differ from the likes of Armagh, Derry, Down or Donegal? How successful are our senior clubs in the Ulster Championship? Easy lines to trot out STG.

southtyronegael

trust me club football is very strong. at least 8 teams would have a genuine chance of lifting the o neill cup each year. it means the talent pool is much bigger than counties that have only one or two really strong clubs. thats why our champions do poorly enough in ulster. was chattin to an ulster council official from armagh after the omagh v ardboe champ first round game and he said they hadnt seen a game as good in armagh for 20 yrs. it was a very good game but nothin out of the ordinary for the tyrone championship.

southtyronegael

Quote from: chieftain on March 01, 2018, 02:01:23 PM

Tell us about underage in your own club stg, who has broke through the ranks and came onto the tyrone panel in the last few years? Because from the outside looking in, underage in tyrone is not as healthy as it is portrayed.

The problem is simple and again I will reiterate what is it, we have about 100 footballers of the same calibre in tyrone. We dont have a brian dooher, stephen o neill, peter canavan type player, to name but a few. To prove my point how many tyrone players on the current panel would have got on in 2003/2005??
impossible to compare 03/05 team with now. one team was allowed to play football and show how good they could be, the other isnt. we are still delivering all irelands at underage, 2015 u21s and 2017 under 17s so must be doing something right although im not sure if its the acadamies or the clubs delivering this. i suspect its the clubs.

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 01, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

impossible to compare 03/05 team with now. one team was allowed to play football and show how good they could be, the other isnt. we are still delivering all irelands at underage, 2015 u21s and 2017 under 17s so must be doing something right although im not sure if its the acadamies or the clubs delivering this. i suspect its the clubs.

so your telling me its the same manager who in 2003 allowed players to play but in 2018 isnt allowing the players to play? Catch yourself on man and realise that its because of the class of footballers we have now on the county panel that we are currently 4th- 8th in Ireland on our day.

driveherin

All games off this weekend.
positive - given plenty of notice!!
negative - have to wait until next week before giving 'the beard' a bashing again!
;D ;D ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

We have only a fraction of the population of Dublin, less playing numbers, less money, don't get to play all our games at home (saving money and helping with familiarity), much less u21 success in recent years which is more relevant than minor and we don't have multiple clubs winning and competing for provincial and all ireland club titles that they have. So under what logic should we be expecting to win All Ireland's ahead of them?

southtyronegael

sure we cant beat mayo or kerry either and im sure we have a similar population and resources. not sure what u tryin to say.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 01, 2018, 04:25:20 PM

We have only a fraction of the population of Dublin, less playing numbers, less money, don't get to play all our games at home (saving money and helping with familiarity), much less u21 success in recent years which is more relevant than minor and we don't have multiple clubs winning and competing for provincial and all ireland club titles that they have. So under what logic should we be expecting to win All Ireland's ahead of them?

That is some nonsense we didn't have any provincial and all ireland club success when we where winning all Ireland's. There is no connection between clubs success at provincial or all ireland level and county success of if there was Armagh Derry would have many more all ireland senior titles than 1. This is typical of the drivel on this board. Fact is having a competitive club scene is a plus for county as it means you have a wider pick of talent available.  I don't buy this nonsense that Tyrone don't have the footballers the problem is the negative diatribe that the county senior management has inflicted on the county for 10 years which has seeped into the youth structures and club scene. The Mickey excusers on this board make me laugh with their inability to front up and admit the king has no clothes. Fools.

Club boi

Quote from: chieftain on March 01, 2018, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 01, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

so your telling me its the same manager who in 2003 allowed players to play but in 2018 isnt allowing the players to play? Catch yourself on man and realise that its because of the class of footballers we have now on the county panel that we are currently 4th- 8th in Ireland on our day.

Yes that's what we're saying. No other manager in Ireland would've been allowed to continue with the last 10 years

And before you's start, I have on record praised Harte in the past, unfortunately he is on the verge of ruining his legacy

BennyHarp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on March 01, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

That is some nonsense we didn't have any provincial and all ireland club success when we where winning all Ireland's. There is no connection between clubs success at provincial or all ireland level and county success of if there was Armagh Derry would have many more all ireland senior titles than 1. This is typical of the drivel on this board. Fact is having a competitive club scene is a plus for county as it means you have a wider pick of talent available. I don't buy this nonsense that Tyrone don't have the footballers the problem is the negative diatribe that the county senior management has inflicted on the county for 10 years which has seeped into the youth structures and club scene. The Mickey excusers on this board make me laugh with their inability to front up and admit the king has no clothes. Fools.

Just out of interest, of our starting 15, who (maybe bar Colm C) would you have on the Dublin starting team and who would you drop for him?

Therealdonald

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2018, 09:04:18 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on March 01, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

That is some nonsense we didn't have any provincial and all ireland club success when we where winning all Ireland's. There is no connection between clubs success at provincial or all ireland level and county success of if there was Armagh Derry would have many more all ireland senior titles than 1. This is typical of the drivel on this board. Fact is having a competitive club scene is a plus for county as it means you have a wider pick of talent available. I don't buy this nonsense that Tyrone don't have the footballers the problem is the negative diatribe that the county senior management has inflicted on the county for 10 years which has seeped into the youth structures and club scene. The Mickey excusers on this board make me laugh with their inability to front up and admit the king has no clothes. Fools.

Just out of interest, of our starting 15, who (maybe bar Colm C) would you have on the Dublin starting team and who would you drop for him?

Are you suggesting that Colm C would make the Dublin team?