Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

can it be done playing the way we do now?

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 11:22:21 PM
can it be done playing the way we do now?

Not the way we played in the last few league games but last year I genuinely thought we had developed a balance between attack and defence in the early stages of the championship but we didn't bring that to the bigger games and seemingly have not evolved the attacking aspect of the game plan this year as I was expecting. However, we were only a kick if the ball from an AI final.

The question is can it be done playing an attacking style? I don't think we have the scoring forwards for a gun fight v Kerry or Dublin.

Are we happy to forsake a game plan that has kept us reasonably competitive relative to other big counties to go against the grain, come up with a different style, risk a few years in the wilderness and hope that we make it back?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

dont forget we only played well against the div 2 teams last year. we stuggled  last year and this year against the better teams which shows the limitations of our gameplan. and why would we not be able to go toe to toe with the other big counties?

seanmc123

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 03, 2017, 10:37:33 PM
win what? mc kenna cups?

My little friend, Mickey will be there next year weather you like it or not ;)

Matter of interest are you involved with your club or have you played football at a high level ?

The Golden Years

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 08:17:25 AM
win what? mc kenna cups?

Matter of interest are you involved with your club or have you played football at a high level ?

IMO there is not many on here that are involved with their club or even played for them.

tothetop03

I think a good summer for Tyrone perhaps All Ireland Semi final...with a wee bit more attacking brand off football...not gung ho attack as i dont think we have the players...will get Mickey another year at the helm....

inowbest

I think its very important that the personal attacks on players stop on this forum. If you have a gripe with Mickey then that's fine, he's the manager, he has put himself in the position for that kind of publicity. But to constantly name Aidan McCrory here in such a negative manner is wrong. Aidan is training as hard as any of the rest of the players it is not his fault that Mickey is picking him. You will not get as hard a worker for club and county so it is only fair to him and his friends and family that his name not be dragged through the mud as the reason for boys quitting the panel.End of rant

seanmc123

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 04, 2017, 09:02:12 AM
win what? mc kenna cups?

IMO there is not many on here that are involved with their club or even played for them.

Yeah I know and bigger the fools we are responding and giving them idiots air time

tothetop03

Quote from: inowbest on May 04, 2017, 09:34:53 AM
I think its very important that the personal attacks on players stop on this forum. If you have a gripe with Mickey then that's fine, he's the manager, he has put himself in the position for that kind of publicity. But to constantly name Aidan McCrory here in such a negative manner is wrong. Aidan is training as hard as any of the rest of the players it is not his fault that Mickey is picking him. You will not get as hard a worker for club and county so it is only fair to him and his friends and family that his name not be dragged through the mud as the reason for boys quitting the panel.End of rant

Well said...

WT4E

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 04, 2017, 10:03:34 AM
Quote from: inowbest on May 04, 2017, 09:34:53 AM

Well said...

Agree with this whilst McCrory is not my favourite player he does whatever is asked off him. He would have give me a good roasting in my day I'd say and I would say the majority on talking here wouldn't have got a kick either!

Helpline

Have to agree with the majority of the recent posts here, the players are't the problem with the Tyrone county team at the minute its the team structure, style of play and the negative attitude filtering down into the young fella's mindsets. Need to let our good skillful bunch of lads we currently have develop naturally and not constantly restrict there natural ability. For example why in the league did we have small forwards going up to collect short kick-outs from the keeper and getting mauled before they hit the opponents 45m line. Don't remember Mugsey or wee Peter having to play this way.I can see another frustrating year coming up.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 10:00:45 AM
win what? mc kenna cups?

Yeah I know and bigger the fools we are responding and giving them idiots air time
Sean have you ever played football at any decent level?
You always seem able to criticise everyone who doesn't agree with you on here. Don't seem like much of a team player to me

southtyronegael

So people who haven't played football at a high level don't know football? I happen to know men who never kicked a ball but their football knowledge is second to none. I'm one of them.lol

seanmc123

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 11:27:32 AM
So people who haven't played football at a high level don't know football? I happen to know men who never kicked a ball but their football knowledge is second to none. I'm one of them.lol

I haven't met 1 I'm afraid. You a slabber that hides behind a board with no balls, talking about players and managers

If some man found out who you where i would say you would be in for a right beating

seanmc123

Quote from: In hiding on May 04, 2017, 11:13:39 AM
Quote from: seanmc123 on May 04, 2017, 10:00:45 AM
win what? mc kenna cups?

Have i ? I have yes, im 38 years of age now and i played senior championship with my club and have 1 senior championship medal, does that answer your question ?

Sean have you ever played football at any decent level?
You always seem able to criticise everyone who doesn't agree with you on here. Don't seem like much of a team player to me