Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Going by this; http://www.gaa.ie/football/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/fixtures Tyrone and Dublin's quarter finals will be a double header on the Saturday evening.

leenie

Who was the panel that decided the 'dream team '
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Uncle Kev

Quote from: leenie on July 18, 2016, 01:52:03 PM
There are 3 things that really got on my tits at the weekend ! Number 1 is that Drunragh dream team shit stirring fundraiser. Number 2 was the poor exchange rate in the pubs in Clones . Number 3 was the sight of Roisin Jordan stuck to Sean Cavanagh and his two little daughters during the presentation ; and just months ago she lead the coup to try and remove maybe the greatest manager of all times .Why did she not just sneak out the gate at the final whistle ; why did Drumragh host this dream team dung and why the f**k did I vote Brexit ? Don't give Jordan any tickets fir the final !

GlenMan

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 18, 2016, 11:21:24 PM
There are 3 things that really got on my tits at the weekend ! Number 1 is that Drunragh dream team shit stirring fundraiser. Number 2 was the poor exchange rate in the pubs in Clones . Number 3 was the sight of Roisin Jordan stuck to Sean Cavanagh and his two little daughters during the presentation ; and just months ago she lead the coup to try and remove maybe the greatest manager of all times .Why did she not just sneak out the gate at the final whistle ; why did Drumragh host this dream team dung and why the f**k did I vote Brexit ? Don't give Jordan any tickets fir the final !

To be fair, the Dream Team was an interesting competition. Certainly got debate going with my friends/family. And it's more compelling than just selling tickets for a draw.

TabClear

Quote from: GlenMan on July 19, 2016, 05:12:14 AM

To be fair, the Dream Team was an interesting competition. Certainly got debate going with my friends/family. And it's more compelling than just selling tickets for a draw.

Catch yourselfon Kev. It was a fundraiser. These teams are always going to be debatable. Look at the all stars ffs. People never agree with the final team and they all play in a single year.  a team that covers different eras is even harder as football has changed so much.  Would Peter the Great be the same player in the current system with 3 defenders sitting in front of him?

jb81

Quote from: GlenMan on Today at 05:12:14 AM

Catch yourselfon Kev. It was a fundraiser. These teams are always going to be debatable. Look at the all stars ffs. People never agree with the final team and they all play in a single year.  a team that covers different eras is even harder as football has changed so much.  Would Peter the Great be the same player in the current system with 3 defenders sitting in front of him

Hell yeah!!!

driveherin

Well said Uncle Kev!!!! Jordan!! make ye sick!

Uncle Kev

Quote from: driveherin on July 19, 2016, 09:07:47 AM
Well said Uncle Kev!!!! Jordan!! make ye sick!
driveherin thank you for sharing your dislike of the ginger chairwoman !she tried to get rid of Mickey and now she's riding the limelight ! Stop the world and let me off !

ONeill

Quote from: square_ball on July 17, 2016, 09:36:58 AM
Few notable exclusions in this. Sure to cause a lot of debate! The big ones for me would be Philip Jordan and Brian Mcguigan.

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

The Tyrone Dream Team, as chosen by a panel of experts. The team is below-

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

Madness. If you were asked to write down a list of the best Tyrone players in any position Jordan would be immediately after Canavan/Cavanagh/F McGuigan. He's in the same bracket as Stephen O'Neill although Tyrone have been blessed by some great forwards so fitting O'Neill in was tough. The majority of us never saw Iggy or Donnelly so you have to take their word for it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 11:38:16 PM
Few notable exclusions in this. Sure to cause a lot of debate! The big ones for me would be Philip Jordan and Brian Mcguigan.

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

Madness. If you were asked to write down a list of the best Tyrone players in any position Jordan would be immediately after Canavan/Cavanagh/F McGuigan. He's in the same bracket as Stephen O'Neill although Tyrone have been blessed by some great forwards so fitting O'Neill in was tough. The majority of us never saw Iggy or Donnelly so you have to take their word for it.

I appreciate that picking the team involved a bit of politics and the different eras had to get represented, and of course those picking probably have seen more eras than me. But for my money, Jordan was the best half back of his generation in a team who won 3 all Irelands and O'Neill was footballer of the year in 2005, I.e. the best footballer in the land, not too many can lay claim to that sort of accolade. Those two would be close to any dream team in my opinion, never mind one just restricted to Tyrone players.. But it's all about opinions which what made the competition good craic. Oh and if I had a choice in 1986 to select a corner back I would have picked John Lynch everytime over Joe Mallon. But fair play to Drumragh a good competition, certainly sparked plenty of debate in my household.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

This isn't just about boobs Jordan, There was another man who scored 4 goals on his county debut, played for the moy and not even close  to that team. Drumragh could split the county.

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2016, 12:00:44 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 11:38:16 PM

*** THE DREAM TEAM ***

1. Thady Turbitt
2. Joe McMahon
3. Cormac McAnallen
4. Joe Mallon
5. Kevin McCabe
6. Conor Gormley
7. Matthew Donnelly
8. Jody O'Neill
9. Eugene McKenna
10. Brian Dooher
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Iggy Jones
13. Frank Donnelly
14. Frank McGuigan
15. Peter Canavan

I appreciate that picking the team involved a bit of politics and the different eras had to get represented, and of course those picking probably have seen more eras than me. But for my money, Jordan was the best half back of his generation in a team who won 3 all Irelands and O'Neill was footballer of the year in 2005, I.e. the best footballer in the land, not too many can lay claim to that sort of accolade. Those two would be close to any dream team in my opinion, never mind one just restricted to Tyrone players.. But it's all about opinions which what made the competition good craic. Oh and if I had a choice in 1986 to select a corner back I would have picked John Lynch everytime over Joe Mallon. But fair play to Drumragh a good competition, certainly sparked plenty of debate in my household.

M Donnelly over Jordan? In what planet?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

Surprised that Fay Devlin wasn't picked by the Drumragh panel.No disrespect to Joe Mallon but Fay was different class.Leaving out Jordan and Brian McGuigan were also baffling decisions.

Fuzzman

Where does Munroe play for his club or what is is best position?
I noticed Niall McKenna on the panel on Sunday. What's the latest with his come back? Could we see him line out this year?

When can we expect Meyler back?

supersarsfields

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Dream Team. I know the selection left a lot of people wondering. The panel was erm, experienced, as we needed people who could compare the older players with the current and 00's bunch. Was always going to spark a few heated debates, and yes, Donnelly ahead of Jordan was the big one for me. But a successful night and appreciation must go to the teams who sold tickets and organised the event.

T'is hard to get unique and interesting fundraisers for clubs these days that isn't just knocking on the door and asking for money for a raffle. We're lucky that we have a great core of support that have come up with some great fundraisers over the last number of years. We've had the record for most amount of players in a GAA game, the great solo run, clash of the clans etc. Fund raising is such an important part for clubs these days given the overheads.