Previous topic - Next topic

Should I pay the €80 fixed penalty

Yes
51 (62.2%)
No
31 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Doogie Browser

This is not as someone eloquently put it 'a crock of shit' I was caught in basically the same jurisdiction within a 4 week period last summer and on both occasions they could not get my details correct.  I received both summons' as I said, but because they could not get the basics correct my attitude was fcuk it I am going to chance my arm with this. 
Does anyone know how long these things 'stay on the book' or if stopped again can they find out that I am a criminal at large?!  At the moment everytime I am in Donegal I am creeping around religiously obeying the speed limits!!

Gnevin

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 15, 2007, 10:39:36 AM
This is not as someone eloquently put it 'a crock of shit' I was caught in basically the same jurisdiction within a 4 week period last summer and on both occasions they could not get my details correct.  I received both summons' as I said, but because they could not get the basics correct my attitude was fcuk it I am going to chance my arm with this. 
Does anyone know how long these things 'stay on the book' or if stopped again can they find out that I am a criminal at large?!  At the moment everytime I am in Donegal I am creeping around religiously obeying the speed limits!!

I believe the Garda are getting some of does cameras which can automatically read your Reg and tell if their are any outstanding issues. Don't know if it works for out of state regs .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Doogie Browser

Think it would be difficult to do this for Northern Cars - or at least I hope

ardal

Out of curiosity, what payment methods does a driving fine have? If you paid by cheque and were from the north how'd they process a sterling cheque (without incurring charges)? Or are you obliged to pay in an appropriate method?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ardal on November 15, 2007, 02:36:59 PM
Out of curiosity, what payment methods does a driving fine have? If you paid by cheque and were from the north how'd they process a sterling cheque (without incurring charges)? Or are you obliged to pay in an appropriate method?
I think they requested Credit/debit Card or Euro Postal Orders from what I recall

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Just back home from Newry. Place full of Jackeens using their strong Euro to get even better bargains in the booze and tins of Roses department. Interesting that Tankie and Gnevin aren't posting this afternoon methinks they could also be up North availing of a bargain or three!

general

Bump...

Advice needed...

Caught speeding in roi, driving a ni car on ni liscence and live in ni.

Can anyone advise

laoislad

Quote from: general on January 30, 2021, 05:26:05 PM
Bump...

Advice needed...

Can anyone advise
Just pay the fine and stop speeding in the future?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Bump...

Advice needed...

Can anyone advise

Certain offences are transferable, disqualification ones. I always thought that points were but I don't think they are

Rois

Bump...

Advice needed...

Can anyone advise
Pay the fine.

I also had to declare it to my insurer (I was told by the broker that if I hadn't, the insurer wouldn't have paid out on any claim).
You get a record in the south, and will get a letter when the points expire.

TwoUpTwoDown

Out of interest, how long do points last in the South? I got 3 a few years back and have never declared them to any insurer here in the 6.

Rois

I think it is two years.
I hadn't declared them either and was told by the broker that I should have. Prob open to legal challenge somewhere but I would rather pay a few more pounds and avoid any hassle.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Bump...

Advice needed...

Can anyone advise

Very hard to chase up on them now, did you get notice through? Avoid speeding answer I suppose , rest up to you

GJL

Bump...

Advice needed...

Can anyone advise

Ignore. What can they really do?

Eamonnca1

What kind of a thread is this? Do you people think speed limits are just put there to hassle people? Have you any idea how many people are killed by vehicular violence every year?

Stop speeding and pay the fine, you potential killers!

Jesus Christ!