Should I pay the €80 fixed penalty

Yes
51 (62.2%)
No
31 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Tankie

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 13, 2007, 10:22:44 PM
Is it phuck getting off the topic. My measely €80 fades into insignificance compared to this

Your right, Your Prince Harry won't be able to go on a total bender again this week with the coffers down  ;)

Sure you boys cost the rest of Britain money so maybe you should try fix that first and just pay the Irish tax payer the money you owe.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Shamrock Shore

Surely, Tankie, the likes of the MQ coming over the border, bringing in his sterling, paying ROI VAT, in good for the 26 county economy.

I would imagine his 80 euro fine, irregardless of whether he pays it or not, is miniscule compared to the money he has spent Dine Site since he and his caravan went a 'travelling.

If he does buy me that pint he owes me, then that's €2 into the ROI coffers. So -€78 - I'll ensure Tankie we'll get 'our' full €80 back  ;)

Tankie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 13, 2007, 10:55:18 PM
Surely, Tankie, the likes of the MQ coming over the border, bringing in his sterling, paying ROI VAT, in good for the 26 county economy.

I would imagine his 80 euro fine, irregardless of whether he pays it or not, is miniscule compared to the money he has spent Dine Site since he and his caravan went a 'travelling.

If he does buy me that pint he owes me, then that's €2 into the ROI coffers. So -€78 - I'll ensure Tankie we'll get 'our' full €80 back  ;)

Better still next year when i head upto Ravenhill to watch Leinster I will tell them I am not paying for my Harp until I gove over €80 worth  ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Delighted to hear you go to Ravenhill Tankie the profits from your drinking will also help HRH Prince Harry

dodo

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Here Shamrock Shore, I'm not sure where you get this idea that I owe you drink. Not a word of it. I've never in my life heard of a Longford man who'd actually buy drink for himself never mind for someone else!!

Tankie

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 13, 2007, 11:11:25 PM
Delighted to hear you go to Ravenhill Tankie the profits from your drinking will also help HRH Prince Harry

I do not give my money to price harry, I go to the UK for a social event and spend my money (like i will go to France this week), the tax that is taken from the money i spend is left upto the government in that country to spend it whatever way they want. and if your government feel it is best is to give it to your piss head prince to go on a bender who am i to stop it!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Jim Slyp

Quote from: Tankie on November 14, 2007, 01:10:23 AM

I do not give my money to price harry, I go to the UK for a social event and spend my money (like i will go to France this week), the tax that is taken from the money i spend is left upto the government in that country to spend it whatever way they want. and if your government feel it is best is to give it to your piss head prince to go on a bender who am i to stop it!

Since when did France become part of the UK?

Pay nothing Quinn keep the €80 and do like Prince Harry, go on a bender yourself.

Tankie

Quote from: Jim Slyp on November 14, 2007, 01:26:09 PM

Pay nothing Quinn keep the €80 and do like Prince Harry, go on a bender yourself.

I never said that France was in the UK, I was using France as an example of how I go to many different country's and it is up to that country to spend the tax they make from me however best they feel. - You guys just prefer to give it to your Royal Family  ;)

Do they not teach you guys how to read in Britain?  ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 14, 2007, 03:58:28 PM
So Tankie, as an Irishman, you see the 6 counties as a different country.
Before you answer I think you should remember that this is a GAA discussion board.  In case you have forgotten the GAA is "A National organisation which has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity of a 32 County Ireland through the preservation and promotion of Gaelic Games and pastimes".

We should change that but we've had discussion before
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Tankie on November 14, 2007, 01:59:39 PM
Quote from: Jim Slyp on November 14, 2007, 01:26:09 PM

I never said that France was in the UK, I was using France as an example of how I go to many different country's and it is up to that country to spend the tax they make from me however best they feel. - You guys just prefer to give it to your Royal Family  ;)

Do they not teach you guys how to read in Britain?  ;D

That's priceless coming from you, a man who has shown a complete lack of understanding of basic grammar, punctuation and spelling

Tankie

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 14, 2007, 03:58:28 PM
So Tankie, as an Irishman, you see the 6 counties as a different country.
Before you answer I think you should remember that this is a GAA discussion board.  In case you have forgotten the GAA is "A National organisation which has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity of a 32 County Ireland through the preservation and promotion of Gaelic Games and pastimes".

I am not the one running across the boarder to dodge an Irish fine. I think this thread has pointed out that you boys are quite happy to use the boarder when it suits.
Grand Slam Saturday!

supersarsfields

And your quite happy to throw it up when it suits!

Gnevin

So Quinn still a majority in favour of you paying it, When can we expect to see a receipt ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Doogie Browser

Regarding the original topic of this thread, I was caught speeding in the South TWICE within a very short period last year and I reside in the Six counties, I honestly am not a boy racer.  Anyway I learned my lesson and adhere very closely to the limits now.  I did not pay the fines however and my reasoning was as follows, on both occasions the Gardai had my licence to take my details etc.  Both summons' arrived at my house, but on the two of them different Garda on two different days managed to mis-spell my surname and also my address despite the fact they were copying direct from my licence.  So although the summons' arrived I never signed for them and will plead (If ever brought to book) that nothing ever arrived at my home.  If they pursue it I would ask 'what address and to whom did you send them?'  Maybe I am taking a chance, but I thought fcuk it if they can't get basic details correct I ain't paying a cent to them.