Dublin v Tyrone Páirc an Chrócaigh Sat 16th March 7pm.

Started by Fuzzman, March 11, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on March 14, 2013, 09:27:23 PM
Quote from: God14 on March 14, 2013, 09:22:10 PM
Ciaran McGinley starting not a bit of a suprise?
No he is from Errigal, that's 3 now.

Not really that huge a number from the county champions. Thought he looked decent enough in the games I saw him for Errigal last year and should fit into the running game. Don't mind seeing him get a go.  If Penrose could improve his shooting efficiency and learn when to pass he'd be worth his place.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 14, 2013, 09:31:05 PM
Thought he looked decent enough in the games I saw him for Errigal last year and should fit into the running game...

Nail on the head I'd imagine - giving Dublin enough to think about regarding what's going to be coming right back at them!

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 14, 2013, 09:33:00 PM
Thought he looked decent enough in the games I saw him for Errigal last year and should fit into the running game...

Nail on the head I'd imagine - giving Dublin enough to think about regarding what's going to be coming right back at them!

Is he a brother of Enda/Cormac?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2013, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 14, 2013, 09:33:00 PM

Is he a brother of Enda/Cormac?

I've a notion he's not but wouldn't be 100% sure. As I said previously I've felt from the start of the year that this is the league game that I think will give us the best insight into where we're at. Dublin are currently the best team in Ireland and given the venue it will be great to see how the team get on. We've a strong enough team on with a good chunk of our first 15. Would be really hopeful of a performance.

Carmen Stateside

Actually not sure if he cousin, positive he's not a brother but.

EC Unique

He is a cousin. Has a great engine. Would be the fittest on the Errigal panel. will run all night and has a good eye for long range points. Be interesting to see how he gets on. Deserves a chance.

ONeill

Quote from: EC Unique on March 14, 2013, 11:22:55 PM
He is a cousin. Has a great engine. Would be the fittest on the Errigal panel. will run all night and has a good eye for long range points. Be interesting to see how he gets on. Deserves a chance.

That's a Mickey type player alright.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Was thinking about McCurry last night when I saw the panel.  I agree that we need a team with a lot of atheleticism in it to play in Croke Park againt Dublin, so wouldn't be surprised to see Lafferty put in an appearance as his ball winning ability and pace, coupled with his size, would add an extra dimension to the Tyrone attack.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

With MD Macauley more than llkely to come back into MF I can see him boss both Cavanaghs out of it though I'm glad to see Mickey moving both McMahon's out the field a bit. As someone said God knows where people will actually line out with it changing a lot during the game.

Getting excited now and its not bad weather down here at the moment though the forecast says showers but no frost.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2013, 10:21:50 AM
With MD Macauley more than llkely to come back into MF I can see him boss both Cavanaghs out of it though I'm glad to see Mickey moving both McMahon's out the field a bit. As someone said God knows where people will actually line out with it changing a lot during the game.

Getting excited now and its not bad weather down here at the moment though the forecast says showers but no frost.

I'm excited to see Justy and Joe in the same full back line.  They will be able to go forward as well as being involved in the midfield battles.  Mark Donnelly does a lot of running but hopefully will have learnt from previous experience that hitting quick, long ball is maybe the better option especially in Croke Park and against a team like Dublin who will swallow you up in the tackle and eventually tire you out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

everymanaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 15, 2013, 10:27:45 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2013, 10:21:50 AM

I'm excited to see Justy and Joe in the same full back line.  They will be able to go forward as well as being involved in the midfield battles.  Mark Donnelly does a lot of running but hopefully will have learnt from previous experience that hitting quick, long ball is maybe the better option especially in Croke Park and against a team like Dublin who will swallow you up in the tackle and eventually tire you out.

You must be really excited. Are numbers 5 & 6 not in the half back line? :P

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dublinfan on March 14, 2013, 09:29:24 PM
Hi too all new to the forum :) any ideas if the Dublin line up will be out tonight?

Here you go:-

Dublin: Shane Supple; Kevin O'Brien, Rory O'Carroll, Jonny Cooper; Jack McCaffrey, Cian O'Sullivan, Darren Daly; Declan O'Mahony, Michael Dara Macauley; Paul Flynn, Ciaran Kilkenny, Ciaran Reddin; Paddy Andrews, Diarmuid Connolly, Bernard Brogan.

The Trap

If that Tyrone team gets within 7/8 points i will be very surprised. The Errigle bias continues............pity there are none like Canavan though!!!!