Dublin v Tyrone Páirc an Chrócaigh Sat 16th March 7pm.

Started by Fuzzman, March 11, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

i reckon Tyrone will line out as follows

1 Niall Morgan
2 Aidan McCrory    3 Conor Gormley    4 Cathal McCarron
                              5 Joe McMahon
6 Justin McMahon    10 Matthew Donnelly   7 Ronan McNamee
                8 Colm Cavanagh       9 Sean Cavanagh
11 Peter Harte       15 Mark Donnelly           12 Ciaran McGinley

13 Kyle Coney          14 Stephen O'Neill

heffo

Quote from: The Trap on March 15, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
If that Tyrone team gets within 7/8 points i will be very surprised. The Errigle bias continues............pity there are none like Canavan though!!!!

I genuinely don't think there will be anything like that in it either way.

Lots of good, fast youngfellas on  the Dublin team who seem to have adapted well to spring football so far but if I was Mickey Harte there would be lots of areas I could target, not least the Ossie Ardiles style we're playing at the moment.

God14

very strong looking dublin line up... very classy half back line. Its a mark of how good a keeper cluxton is, when your relieved not to see him in the line up. His kickouts have murdered us in the past few meetings.

Jinxy

I'd be worried about the potential for an ugly incident in this game in light of Diarmuid Connollys assault case.
Hope Mickey keeps control of the players.
The last thing Tyrone football needs is another controversy.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 15, 2013, 11:38:29 AM
I'd be worried about the potential for an ugly incident in this game in light of Diarmuid Connollys assault case.
Hope Mickey keeps control of the players with his big stick that he always uses at Dublin games.

He's really let the beard grow now.

The main thing Meath & Jinxy football need right now is another Tyrone and Dublin controversy.

I hope it doesn't start to spit rain or hail.

nrico2006

Quote from: the_daddy on March 15, 2013, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 15, 2013, 09:07:51 AM
Was thinking about McCurry last night when I saw the panel.  I agree that we need a team with a lot of atheleticism in it to play in Croke Park againt Dublin, so wouldn't be surprised to see Lafferty put in an appearance as his ball winning ability and pace, coupled with his size, would add an extra dimension to the Tyrone attack.

Anyone who made the journey to Castlebar would be surprised to see him.

He only got a lock of minutes against Mayo.  Can't really be judged on that.  Surprised Danny McBride or Kevin Gallagher aren't even getting a look in either after showing well in the McKenna Cup.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

I can see why the Dubs are putting up big scores with that forward line.
Ciaran Reddin is the only one I don't recognise.
The rest are all worthy of a few scores each and we know what Connolly did to use back in 2011.

A lot of new faces in the back line though I believe O'Brien was their U21 winning capt from last year.
I've saw Caffrey play for my local club Clontarf and he sure is a gem of a player.

Don't know much about O'Mahony at MF either so will be interesting to see this new look Dublin team.
I can't see it being a feisty affair as Gavin seems to trust his team to play all out attacking football and he probably knows himself a defeat at this stage might actually do more good than not.
Psychologically the team have continued in their winning ways from U21s and so I'd say he would be a little nervous to continue winning every game until 1/4 final day in the summer.
As Mickey always said ye learn more from losing that from winning.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say a Tyrone win from a very entertaining game of football.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2013, 11:54:31 AM
I can see why the Dubs are putting up big scores with that forward line.
Ciaran Reddin is the only one I don't recognise.
The rest are all worthy of a few scores each and we know what Connolly did to use back in 2011.

A lot of new faces in the back line though I believe O'Brien was their U21 winning capt from last year.
I've saw Caffrey play for my local club Clontarf and he sure is a gem of a player.

Don't know much about O'Mahony at MF either so will be interesting to see this new look Dublin team.
I can't see it being a feisty affair as Gavin seems to trust his team to play all out attacking football and he probably knows himself a defeat at this stage might actually do more good than not.
Psychologically the team have continued in their winning ways from U21s and so I'd say he would be a little nervous to continue winning every game until 1/4 final day in the summer.
As Mickey always said ye learn more from losing that from winning.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say a Tyrone win from a very entertaining game of football.

Reddin would be a hard working half forward (plays midfield for his club)

O'Mahony was on the U21 team AI winning team in 2003 at midfield that Gavin coached - had a fair few chances with Dublin over the years, most recently at FF around 2008.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

No nrico, he's not.
I must say i know im biased as a Fr Rocks man, but I really think he should be. The break from football has helped him fill out a little, yet he's kept himself in great shape if you know what i mean. Doesnt seem to have lost any of the old magic!
With Pete Hartes form dipping at the moment id have thought he would have had a call.

omagh_gael

We'll need to have our best performance of the year coupled with an off day for the dubs to nick this one. We've shown good fight so far, e.g. Castlebar, and there should be a positive reaction following our poor showing last weekend. Need to keep it tight for the first quarter and try and shackle BB as much as possible.

Big Sean has been motoring well this spring, lets hope the open ground of Croke park serves him well.

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on March 15, 2013, 12:25:31 PM
No nrico, he's not.
I must say i know im biased as a Fr Rocks man, but I really think he should be. The break from football has helped him fill out a little, yet he's kept himself in great shape if you know what i mean. Doesnt seem to have lost any of the old magic!
With Pete Hartes form dipping at the moment id have thought he would have had a call.

My thoughts exactly, saw him in the final the other week and he has filled out and is no longer a lightweight, which was probably the one thing holding him back before. Would love to see him back on the panel as we are in need of some creativity at number 11.

imtommygunn

I always thought Mulgrew was a class act. Did he not get an all start nominee one year too? I think the year Meath beat Tyrone.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Oozed skill and class, did Raymie, but tended to disappear in games, probably because of his relative lack of bulk. Would be great if he made a return having filled out a bit.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...