Leinster U-21

Started by The Insider, March 19, 2013, 09:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

Best wishes to Longford tomorrow night in Portlaoise, up against Wexford bit of a bogey side in championship . Beat us in 2011 decider at this level , and have fallen to them in the senior over the last few years as well,

Qwerty28

Combination of Wexford and the match being in Portlaoise doesnt bode well but hope the lads can push on from hard fought win against the Dubs. Will head down to lend my support and hopefully they can banish the jinx that seems to exist in O'Moore Park!

Milltown Row2

Christ they are 1/5 lads!! Bookies have them outta sight, would this Wexford team have given the Dubs a game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Billys Boots

Bookies had it very wrong against the Dubs. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 20, 2013, 08:43:57 AM
Bookies had it very wrong against the Dubs.

They did, but not on here, Longford lads had a good idea it was a tighter game. Why would Wexford be a tougher match by the sounds of it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Croí na hÉireann

This Wexford team not great, Longford should win handy.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteLongford should win handy.

As a Longford man those kinda words chill me to the bone.

Sadly I cannot make it - Portlaoise midweek is a bridge too far. I'll rely on Shiteside and the odd text or two.

Declan

QuoteLongford should win handy.

As a Longford man those kinda words chill me to the bone.

Not at all - as all good sports psychologists will tell you it's important to be confident when you know you've the ability to achieve the desired result.

Qwerty28

Longford made very hard work of it in the end tonight, lucky to have escaped extra time or worse to be honest. Started excelletly, first 15 minutes out of the trap so quick they started to think it was too easy, got sloppy and lost a bit of shape.Half time comes, 7 up and looking in control, got first point of 2nd half and as earlier, seemed to think the job was done....big mistake.

In fairness, Wexford were excellent from there on in, whittled the 8 points back to 1 in no time, had the momentum, kicked some nice scores and it seemed all they had to do was get level to go on and win. However, Longford showed a bit of fight once it did get level although were lucky Wexford missed a kickable enough free to tie it up and forcee extra time.

Overall, loads of work to do for Kildare and think we will have to revert back to the defensive format of the Dublin game, might not be pretty or easy to watch but against a team that scored 3-22 tonight my be the best option....

Anyway, Portlaoise hoodoo broken and a final to look forward to so bring on the flour bags!!  ;)

Armaghgeddon

Is geezer managing U21?

sans pessimism

Why is there need for a second thread for Leinster u21
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"