Dublin v Tyrone Páirc an Chrócaigh Sat 16th March 7pm.

Started by Fuzzman, March 11, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Will there be snow?

Dublin are putting up massive scores and by the sounds from the Kildare lads they didn't put up much of a fight against the Dubs

Sounds like Tyrone also had a very bad day at the office v Cork and sounds like we could be in for another tanking from the Boys in Blue

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nothing less than a complete turnaround from yesterday's fare will give us any chance in this one -- here's hoping that the lethargy has been run out of them in Omagh and that the mojo is fully recharged for Saturday. We'll need it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

i fear this could be a hiding for tyrone. hope i'm proved wrong though.

Redhand Santa

I think the manner of last weeks defeat and the current form of Dublin has dented Tyrone people's enthusiasm a bit ahead of this game. But I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on. This to me will be the biggest test we will get this year ahead of the championship so I really hope the players lift themselves and give a big performance. People sometimes can get carried away - Dublin are very good but like any other team they're not unbeatable. I hope we have everyone available and give a big performance. A win here would really lift the confidence of the team for the season ahead.

Fuzzman

Yes I think you're totally right Redhand Santa. Those of us who live down here have been looking forward to this match since it was announced. To have it on the eve of Paddy's day on a Sat night really adds to it though the cold weather will put many off. Apparently last weekend the poor Dubs & Lilly whites got frostbite with the wind not helping.

In a way I think maybe last weekend's defeat to Cork will help bring us back to earth with a bang and help us refocus.  Reading Mark Donnelly in the Irish News yesterday he seemed to feel we coasted a bit and didn't put in the hard work. As Mayo & Donegal found out that being AI finalists last year means nothing in the following February. Those who are fittest & hungry will get the early wins and will at least stay up.

The Dubs have a very new look team though Brogan is back on fire and will require a lot of attention. I think we will rise our game from last week and put on a decent show. If we can hold Dublins forwards to under 12 points then I think we'll win but whether or not we can do that is the big question. They've been playing a much more open attacking style of football and so if we can frustrate them and play on the break I think we've a good chance

Are many of ye coming down & staying down?

omagh_gael

Who is going to pick up Brogan? I think big Joe McMahon could do a good job. Strong, quick and a great reader of thegme and has always shown iphone well when called back into defense to help out.

LeoMc

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 13, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
Who is going to pick up Brogan? I think big Joe McMahon could do a good job. Strong, quick and a great reader of thegme and has always shown iphone well when called back into defense to help out.

First GPS trackers, now this.

Rois

;D omagh_gael that gave me a laugh - presume an iphone typo?

I'm heading down with hope rather than expectation but I'm glad that some of the younger guys will get a bit more experience in Croke Park.

And I'm def getting old - I'm driving down and driving back to Belfast again afterwards.  A few years ago, I'd have a whole weekend's events planned.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A reminder that with a season ticket you can get into the club finals on Sunday too -- just 'purchase' the tickets for sweet nothing and print off!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

EC Unique

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 13, 2013, 11:41:32 AM

I would expect Cathal McCarron to man mark him.

God14

Hope im wrong, but I think Tyrone will get absolutely tanked on Saturday night.

Whats the heaviest defeat under Mickeys reign?

nrico2006

I remember the last few big league games in Croke Park being great games especially the 2007 one when Tyrone weren't expected to win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/dubs-sights-set-on-unbeaten-season-flynn-29126607.html

I can see Tyrone playing a very defensive style game to allow Dublin little space to play it
How will they play if Brogan is double marked?

God14

I can see Tyrone sitting back too deep defensively and inviting Dublin on.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: God14 on March 13, 2013, 02:51:25 PM
I can see Tyrone sitting back too deep defensively and inviting Dublin on.

Don't do it!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere