GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Good work Dave ;). Had Ballyhale in mine too.

randomtask

Start of the 2013 GAA season this weekend with all the preseason competitions. In my experience this is where the most money can be made from the bookies due to a variety of reasons. Overhaul of players and managers, teams testing out new players and systems, difference between teams training extremely hard early on and weak/strong college teams. Good information on teams can lead to an advantage over the bookies. For example Tyrone are using a full squad for the Mc Kenna cup and have been training flat out, they also i hear are planning to play their strongest team and mickey harte has stated his desire that they must win the competition. With Donegal in dubai and down as well as derry naming weak squads surely tyrone are a bog at 9/4 for the mc kenna cup. Any other information on teams and fixtures wold be appreciated 

theticklemister

Quote from: randomtask on January 03, 2013, 01:11:54 PM
Start of the 2013 GAA season this weekend with all the preseason competitions. In my experience this is where the most money can be made from the bookies due to a variety of reasons. Overhaul of players and managers, teams testing out new players and systems, difference between teams training extremely hard early on and weak/strong college teams. Good information on teams can lead to an advantage over the bookies. For example Tyrone are using a full squad for the Mc Kenna cup and have been training flat out, they also i hear are planning to play their strongest team and mickey harte has stated his desire that they must win the competition. With Donegal in dubai and down as well as derry naming weak squads surely tyrone are a bog at 2/1 for the mc kenna cup. Any other information on teams and fixtures wold be appreciated

i can't see any game betting yet. Has anybody??

Tyrone look good to win the McKenna Cup.

randomtask

Haven't seen any myself but should be up by the end of the day or tomorrow surely. Just wanted to see if i could find out any insider info on teams to help out the punters?. Tyrone 9/4 to win the mc kenna cup with ladbrokes printing money

theticklemister

Quote from: randomtask on January 03, 2013, 01:22:50 PM
Haven't seen any myself but should be up by the end of the day or tomorrow surely. Just wanted to see if i could find out any insider info on teams to help out the punters?. Tyrone 9/4 to win the mc kenna cup with ladbrokes printing money

looks very good; they should win the group no probs. They then play the best runners up in the semis, which could be Donegal, Fermanagh, Monaghan or indeed Derry again. The chances they play anyone in Group 'B' is highly unlikly as their points tally will not be high becuase of the game less. Therefore, ye would fancy the chances of Tyrone easily getting to the final and then they should win it.

Random Task I'm a great man in laying out what might happen, but usually when I stick my wee 5er on something the opposite happens!

theticklemister

Derry are training with 43 in the panel, with 8 boys at college level. Expect a huge shift in personnel in every game. Plus they have Tyrone away in the first game. In the NFL and McKenna Cup final last year they embarrased us.

rodney trotter

Between Mckenna Cup, O Byrne, FBD League and the McGrath Cup there is a lot of banker games at the weekend. Straight forwards enough to win a few pound.

Probaly be tomorrow when the games and odds are up onloine.

manballandall

So whats the bankers bet then ?

Always a surprise somewhere ?

theticklemister

05 Jan. 14:00

Kerry v Tralee IT - (McGrath Cup)

1/10

12/1

11/2

06 Jan. 14:00

Longford v Meath - (O'Byrne Cup)

3/2

13/2

2/3

Louth v UCD - (O'Byrne Cup)

8/13

7/1

3/2

Carlow v Dublin - (O'Byrne Cup)

11/2

10/1

1/8

Wicklow v DCU - (O'Byrne Cup)

2/1

15/2

4/9

Offaly v Laois - (O'Byrne Cup)

11/10

13/2

10/11

Westmeath v Athlone IT - (O'Byrne Cup)

3/10

15/2

3/1

Wexford v DIT - (O'Byrne Cup)

4/5

13/2

5/4

Kildare v Carlow IT - (O'Byrne Cup)

1/4

15/2

7/2

Monaghan v St Marys - (Dr McKenna Cup)

1/8

10/1

11/2

06 Jan.
14:00

Cavan v Down - (Dr McKenna Cup)

evens

13/2

evens

Antrim v UUJ - (Dr McKenna Cup)

4/7

7/1

13/8

06 Jan.
14:00

Tyrone v Derry - (Dr McKenna Cup)

1/2

7/1

15/8

Clare v LIT - (McGrath Cup)

1/6

9/1

9/2

rodney trotter

boojangles

Come on Rodders, put the neck on the line lad!

Roscommon
Kildare
Tyrone
Clare
Dublin
Kerry
Monaghan

All look like banker material but I'm not sure if I'd be risking too much. For a bit of value I like Longford at home.

rodney trotter

Quote from: boojangles on January 05, 2013, 11:15:04 AM
Come on Rodders, put the neck on the line lad!

Roscommon
Kildare
Tyrone
Clare
Dublin
Kerry
Monaghan

All look like banker material but I'm not sure if I'd be risking too much. For a bit of value I like Longford at home.

Longford would probaly be a value bet alright, Meath have a few injuries. Id probaly leave them out though.

Fancy Ros to beat Leitrim, Galway to beat NUI, and Cavan to beat Down. Rarely back Cavan but Down are missing a lot. Id agree with the above mentioned teams.

manballandall

Throw in antrim to bulk up ur bankers

begrudger

i would say westmeath, tyrone, dublin, monaghan looks a decent bet. why are people so convinced about antrim, have they a strong team or are uuj missing many?

rodney trotter

Offaly and DCU could be worth a risky bet. Offaly have been going well in challenge games and DCU are always strong. Murphy is still there and Paul Flynn.