The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Doubt he'll go but he's very dour and negative. I wouldn't mind the result tonight but just in general. Good at getting the best out of average players but if they club are looking to make the next step I'm not sure he's up to it.

Mr. Nakata

Sickening start to the season again. Deservedly booed off on Saturday after being outplayed and outfought at home to the geordies. Last night was a case of peppering the goal without being able to score. Yakubu and Beckford couldn't score in a house of ill repute. 2 away games then international break followed by the koppites at home. Toffees really are in disarray. We need a win and quick.....

boojangles

Wouldn't take much to turn it around AGAIN.
Coleman has to come in for Hibbert- come on David, are ya blind??
Saha back from injury although support for him looks weak. Push Cahill back up with him.
Maybe try Heitinga back at centre-half with Jags because Distin is not the answer.
Screech TBH has been a bad signing. He's in his 3rd season and he's still as raw as the day he came IMO. 15m?? Not one of David Moyes best days.

Howard

Coleman    Heitinga        Jags              Baines

Osman/Billy    Arteta     Screech          Pienaar

Cahill
                                    Saha   

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 21, 2010, 10:59:18 PM
Doubt he'll go but he's very dour and negative. I wouldn't mind the result tonight but just in general. Good at getting the best out of average players but if they club are looking to make the next step I'm not sure he's up to it.

Cahill
Jagielka
Arteta
Pienaar
Baines

Average players me hole.
Moyes has been a revelation as Everton manager and arguably in the top 5 Premiership managers of the last decade. Some of his signings have been unreal and he has turned some good footballers into outstanding ones.
He may have taken Everton as far as they can go but the only reason for that is becasue he does not have the money.Plain and Simple. Nothing to do with being dour or negative.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I disagree with you on your second point. It's safety first for Moyes as far as I'm concerned. He's never had a winger in his team that I can remember, always square pegs in round holes-Osman,Billy what's his name and Pienaar playing out of position. He even had Arteta out there for a while. The amount of long balls they play takes away from the ability in the midfield and I just think he's negative. With regard to the term "average" what I meant was he's good at spotting players playing below what they're capable of, getting them in and making them better such as the ones you've listed. But much like O'Neill was at Celtic it's impossible to know how he'd manage with players of the next level because of the cash issue.

deiseach

Auf wiedersehen, When Skies Are Grey. Had literally minutes of fun over there back in the day, being told I was a murderer. Missing you already

Mr. Nakata

Well I'm not going to gloat too much. Liverpool are shite at the minute. That is plain to see and koppites will agree with that analysis no doubt. We deserved to win that game today and I thought we won it comfortably. As an Evertonian we all thought this was as good a time as any to square up to the neighbours and the bookies had us as favourites which was fair enough. I was really pleased to see Distin put in an excellent display at the back as he was getting a bit of stick deservedly in fairness for a few patchy performances and the Yak was awesome for the first 55 minutes after which the game was effectively won. Young Coleman looks a player. Still raw but it can only be a matter of time before he gets that first cap. Beers are tasting supremely beautiful. Well done blue boys....

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SHEEDY

brilliant to see seamus coleman score today. come on trap he has to play against norway.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

disappointed with a draw today. thought it was a good chance for us to keep climbing the table. on positive note it keeps the unbeaten run going. still need a decent striker.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Result a bit disappointing yesterday but league is average enough. If we keep it a bit tighter at the back we will win a lot of games.

Definitely need a striker. Moyes likes to play with 1 up front and with Tim Cahill in form who could argue?

Talk of Hetinga moving to Bayern in Janaury How about insisting on Klose being part of the deal? Would be idela for Engish football.

Duffy needs to be given a bit of a chance. Distin is good some weeks and not so good others.

Mr. Nakata

Take Cahill out of this team and we'd be shit. Saha couldn't score in a brothel. Yak is hit and miss, more often miss and Beckford has to play as part of a strike pair which Moyes won't play. If we get a couple of million for Pienaar in January and 3 or 4 million for Heitinga, it needs to be spent wiseley. Landon Donovan will be welcomed back with open arms for another loan stint although Coleman is holding his own on the right wing. Two home games up next, Bolton and Gooners, 4 points minimum required.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on November 08, 2010, 01:03:00 PM
Take Cahill out of this team and we'd be shit. Saha couldn't score in a brothel. Yak is hit and miss, more often miss and Beckford has to play as part of a strike pair which Moyes won't play. If we get a couple of million for Pienaar in January and 3 or 4 million for Heitinga, it needs to be spent wiseley. Landon Donovan will be welcomed back with open arms for another loan stint although Coleman is holding his own on the right wing. Two home games up next, Bolton and Gooners, 4 points minimum required.
agree with that,but id have to include jags and arteta along with cahill as being our only top quality players. pienaar is nowhere near the same player as last year. russian billy has hardly featured and beckford has been disappointment so far. coleman has been bright spark but our forwards have been useless so far. need a win on wednesday to move up the table again.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

v disappointing result last nite. just shows how badly we need a striker.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

how the feck did beckford miss that. we badly need a decent striker.
nil satis nisi optimum