The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Everton now owned by Sheikh Ifid Haden Iff Bin Foor.

I'll get my coat...

johnneycool

Martinez out ta f**k, team can't defend, just like his Wigan outfit.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnneycool on March 05, 2016, 10:02:59 PM
4 home wins in 9 months says it all, shocking. Has to go. The best squad we've had in years is being ruined by  the ineptitude of the manager. Even if we managed a fa cup win it can't make up for the shocking league performances for last 2 seasons.
nil satis nisi optimum

Over the Bar

Angus

Steve McClaren is allegedly expected to be sacked within the next 48 hours! What you guys think about this?

johnneycool

Quote from: Angus on March 08, 2016, 06:34:29 AM
Steve McClaren is allegedly expected to be sacked within the next 48 hours! What you guys think about this?

I think you should speak to Seafoid about starting your own Newcastle United thread..

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 05, 2016, 10:40:39 PM
4 home wins in 9 months says it all, shocking. Has to go. The best squad we've had in years is being ruined by  the ineptitude of the manager. Even if we managed a fa cup win it can't make up for the shocking league performances for last 2 seasons.

Edit: Martinez for Engerland, he's that good  ;D

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnneycool on March 13, 2016, 08:03:37 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on March 05, 2016, 10:40:39 PM

Edit: Martinez for Engerland, he's that good  ;D
performances like that show just how much we have been underachieving in the league this season. should be top 6 with that squad.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Stallion

The squad has only got about 3 or 4 good players. Lukaku and Deulofeu are far better than the rest of the squad, Coleman is good, Kone decent enough. Apart from that they don't have any good players.

Still Everton have been my favourite team to watch this season, very entertaining games.

SHEEDY

Quote from: The Stallion on March 13, 2016, 11:37:27 AM
The squad has only got about 3 or 4 good players. Lukaku and Deulofeu are far better than the rest of the squad, Coleman is good, Kone decent enough. Apart from that they don't have any good players.

Still Everton have been my favourite team to watch this season, very entertaining games.

kone is useless, deulofeu is hot and cold but very promising but to say the likes of mccarthy, barkley, jagielka or baines to name a few arent good players shows a limited football knowledge on your part but then you've already shown that on the liverpool thread.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Stallion

McCarthy is a waste of space. Risk free sideways passes is all he contributes.

Jagielka isn't much use at all. A journeyman defender.

Baines is useful going forward with his crosses, but he can't defend.

And Barkley is massively overhyped. He can run and shoot but that's about it. He's far too greedy, and has a tendency to put his head down and run into trouble. Not a good footballer at all in my opinion.

Lukaku, Deulofeu and maybe Coleman are the only players worth keeping.

imtommygunn

Mccarthy is a great player critical to both ireland and everton.

Deuloefu is fast looking like a luxury player. Lennon is adding a lot more to everton.

You have some valid points on barkley mind.

The Stallion

McCarthy was arguably Ireland's worst player in qualifying.

He doesn't defend well and contributes very little going forward.

imtommygunn

No he wasn't. His performance against germany in particular was one of the best from an ireland player in years. He is crucial to ireland and everton.

SHEEDY

McCarthy is a major player for everton, massive miss earlier in the season when he was out injured.
nil satis nisi optimum