The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2027633/Dont-kill-season-debt-ridden-Everton-tell-bankers.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And Arsenal thought they had problems. This is frightening stuff. Don't kill us this season! WTF! This came on the radio this evening and I said to my wife what if Everton went out of business. "You could just support someone else".

Something doesn't add up here, We are spending 0 in transfers over the last few years, training ground sold, decent sponsorship, regular top 8 finishes, TV money, average att over 35k and average wages spent in PL terms.

Other clubs can spend more than they earn so why is our debt so much worse?

Mr. Nakata

It would appear a mixture of Everton supporter groups called "The Blue Union" got a meeting with Kenwright with the help of Deggsy Hatton and taped the meeting on the sly, releasing the content in it's entirety to the media, thus humiliating Kenwright. There's now talk of legal action. If it wasn't so farcical, it might even be funny. Hope Jagielka's not sold this week. What a f**king nightmare....

muppet

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 18, 2011, 11:56:28 PM
It would appear a mixture of Everton supporter groups called "The Blue Union" got a meeting with Kenwright with the help of Deggsy Hatton and taped the meeting on the sly, releasing the content in it's entirety to the media, thus humiliating Kenwright. There's now talk of legal action. If it wasn't so farcical, it might even be funny. Hope Jagielka's not sold this week. What a f**king nightmare....

'Someone' taped it on the sly and gave it to the media.

The British media.

Over in England like.

According to themselves.
MWWSI 2017

SHEEDY

after a bad week you think things cant get any worse for everton but after a poor display today im starting to really fear for this season, could be a very long one.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Nope
Turning point in the season after the double penalty miss and then Arteta takes his

Messi will soon be on his way

laoislad

How  the jaysis did Everton get all 3 points today! Poxy f**kers!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

A mugging today! Everton haven't got a pot to piss in so feel sorry for Moyes but fear for them over the next few seasons unless they spend some dough.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Forever Green

Aye, Barkley looks as if he is going to be a good player. I fear Everton this season. I know they always start the season badly but it is going to be a struggle this year for them. They have punching above their weight tbh and this is mainly down to David Moyes. Possible Fergie replacement at United?

Minder

Quote from: Forever Green on August 28, 2011, 01:34:44 AM
Aye, Barkley looks as if he is going to be a good player. I fear Everton this season. I know they always start the season badly but it is going to be a struggle this year for them. They have punching above their weight tbh and this is mainly down to David Moyes. Possible Fergie replacement at United?

Fingers crossed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orangemac

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2011, 01:35:52 AM
Quote from: Forever Green on August 28, 2011, 01:34:44 AM

Fingers crossed.
Everton definitely used up their luck for the whole season yesterday. Getting to 40 points has to be the immediate aim for this season, if we went down it would be a Leeds Utd situation.

Get the feeling this will be Moyes last year, like the boy in Holland with his finger in the dyke (careful now) he has probably had enough at this stage and deserves his chance at a well run club. Where that leaves us I don't know.

SHEEDY

dont know how we managed to get 3pts from that match yest but a win is a win and we'll take it. another really poor performance though. i dont know how but we really need to get a striker in before the transfer window shuts. loans deals for macheda or bentdner have been rumoured, at this stage id take anybody.
nil satis nisi optimum

boojangles

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 28, 2011, 10:55:59 AM
dont know how we managed to get 3pts from that match yest but a win is a win and we'll take it. another really poor performance though. i dont know how but we really need to get a striker in before the transfer window shuts. loans deals for macheda or bentdner have been rumoured, at this stage id take anybody.

If thats true then maybe it is time for Moyes to go. Moyes could never rate a primadonna like that. Totally wrong attitude and will never make it no matter where he goes.

Mr. Nakata

3 days to go before the window slams shut. If we can hold onto our best players and get a striker in on loan I'll be happy enough. If we also get a wide man I'll be ecstatic. If we get no striker at all I will be disgusted. The thought of watching Anichebe as a lone striker this season is painful. Add to that Beckford and Saha occasionally. Will we get enough goals? Will we bollix... I have a feeling this season will be horrible.

boojangles

We could do with a centre half also. Distin looked terrible on Saturday. His best days are gone.