Sunday World hanging front page

Started by longrunsthefox, November 01, 2009, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I picked up the Sunday World off the shelf this morning and it had a photograph of a man hanging from a bridge on the Belfast to Bangor Road. I thought it was an absolutely disgusting, tasteless pic to put on the front page (or any page) especially as this unfortunate soul must have relatives and friends here. First time in my life I complained to the Press Complaints Commision. I thought it was shocking and no need to show that.  Any thoughts?....

pintsofguinness

just when you thought they couldnt get any worse
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hoof Hearted

sent shivers down my spine that. I never buy that crap but i was in my da's house and he handed it to me. Couldn't believe it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 01, 2009, 02:36:46 PM
I picked up the Sunday World off the shelf this morning and it had a photograph of a man hanging from a bridge on the Belfast to Bangor Road. I thought it was an absolutely disgusting, tasteless pic to put on the front page (or any page) especially as this unfortunate soul must have relatives and friends here. First time in my life I complained to the Press Complaints Commision. I thought it was shocking and no need to show that.  Any thoughts?....

Outrageous.

stew

Anyone that would buy that snotrag after this should be ashamed of themselves, what a callous bunch of cnuts. I can only imagine the agony this mans family are going through.

I hope they get sanctioned heavily for this they should as this is moral decadence.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Norf Tyrone

I seen it this morning too in the shop, and was stunned by it. I thought it was a practical joke first of all.

Sickening.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Aerlik

Very simple...

Complain en masse.

Refuse to buy.  The god of money supersedes the god of ethics

Sue.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Hoof Hearted

lets hope no-one posts it on here either
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2009, 02:56:18 PM
I seen it this morning too in the shop, and was stunned by it. I thought it was a practical joke first of all.

Sickening.

Aye I thought it was a joke at first too, like a dummy for Halloween. Jesus Almighty! It was awful.

blewuporstuffed

just seen that as well, that is shocking.
cant believe they would stoop to that to flog a few papers
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stew

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 01, 2009, 03:18:21 PM
just seen that as well, that is shocking.
cant believe they would stoop to that to flog a few papers

Sadly I can, I just didnt think they would, surely there would be some legal recourse for the family given the embarassment and humiliation this will cause them, not to mention the stress.

I know it is money i am talking here but a big verdict against the editor and his so called paper might prevent this from happening again.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

down6061689194

The same paper published a picture of a guard minutes after he had a bullet in his head.

Hardly surprising. Haven't seen it myself, doubt I will too.

The Real Laoislad

Its not on the front page of the ones sold in Dublin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 01, 2009, 04:10:19 PM
Its not on the front page of the ones sold in Dublin

Its in the middle instead, but it is a horrible thing to print. Remember the outrage in the west when the same pictures were shown by arab tv and newspapers when they hung soldiers from a bridge in baghdad last yr. I no too many families effected by suicide and this is not something they want to see when they open the paper on a Sunday. I will never buy this paper again.