Kilkenny v Tipp

Started by Catscream, August 20, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairhead

Quote from: johnneycool on September 05, 2014, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2014, 11:16:37 AM
I would love to see Tipp beating the cats out the gate. To go with last year's Cork match.

Meh,
    Its hard to get excited about an AI final when two of the traditional big three go toe to toe, I couldn't care less who wins but will be wanted a good interesting game of hurling, not necessarily a score fest but both going hell for leather at it.

Still think the Cats will eek out the win by suffocating the Tipp forwards.

I know where your coming from JC but its still the AI final and never fails to get the nerve ends tingling come the weekend of it for me. In saying that this might be the 6th year in a row they are meeting in the championship so for some neutrals there might be less of an appeal.

I have a feeling its Kilkenny's year. Limerick really put up to them and I think that will stand to them plus a fitter Richie Power and Michael Fennelly is a real bonus for them. If one of the teams flops on the day, as we have seen in the past with them its more likely to be Tipp. I cant see the likes of Bubbles getting the freedom to score 6 from play like the last day so it points to a KK win for me.

One reservation I would have though is around Brian Hogan. A couple of times in the 2nd half of the semi Limerick ran through from the wing towards goal and Hogan really struggled to get across, if Tipp can take advantage of that maybe they could do it.

KK by 5.

seafoid

I think Tipp could do it if they get the tactics right and let fly.
KK are not the force they were. I would be delighted if they could do a Man Utd.

Da fhad I an la tagann an oiche.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Haven't ever been as unexcited about an AIHF as this year.

Honestly think this will be all over by half time . Tipperary imho will win very easily.

For the first time in a long while KK imo again are carrying a few passengers with no impact from the bench. Monsoon conditions in s/f masked it over but just think that father time etc will hit them hard tomorrow.

Tipperary by far the better side since the wristbands, miraculous medals etc and the fistpumping when fouled has been jettisoned. If ( and I presume ) they will just jog or sprint into space when the KK backs try to rile them early they imo again will take the KK backs to the cleaners.

Any team with Cahill on the bench has to be a class act.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

I just can't work this one out at all. Ageing KK team against a young vibrant full of running Tipp.

Would love to see Henry go out on a high but Tipp might have the legs on them.

Asal Mor

Are Kilkenny that old though? 3 of their backs are getting on a bit(and are still only about the 30 mark I'd guess) , but  it looks a youngish team overall. Canalman, if you fancy Tipp to win easily, they're 11/4 (- 3 points). It's a bet I might make myself today, but with a lot less conviction than you.

pullhard

Will be in dire need for decent link for the final and the minor game. any suggestion must welcome!

Zulu

Why is the Sky commentator unable to see that the umpire twice called for Hawkeye? He claimed the umpire waved the shots wide on both occasions and the ref called for Hawkeye when clearly he didn't.

Kilkenny needed that goal and will be happy to get to half time still in the game.

CD

Not often you see so many mistakes in an AI final. Commentator seems to be constantly using the phrases, 'dropped it initially', 'another poor handpass', 'doesn't reach its intended target' or 'missed it again.' Exciting though!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Fantastic game of hurling.
Second half should be epic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armaghgeddon

theticklemister

seafoid

I'm listening to it an Raidio na Gaeltachta and Risteard de Paor has just scored a goal and it sounds like the Normans vs the Irish 

seafoid

Great match. Wonder if it could end in a draw with the replay scheduled for Newbridge.