who will be in the final

kk + wat
kk + tip
cork +wat
cork + tip

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Reillers on July 28, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
Your passage there is so outdated.

well it relates to a book that was written back then so, no, its not outdated at all. Unless Corcoran has admitted he made a mistake and rewrote it since.

Reillers

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 29, 2010, 08:55:44 AM

well it relates to a book that was written back then so, no, its not outdated at all. Unless Corcoran has admitted he made a mistake and rewrote it since.
It was relevant back then, it isn't now like 4 years later. Times have changed. Slot has changed in 4 years.                         

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Reillers on July 29, 2010, 10:04:40 AM

It was relevant back then, it isn't now like 4 years later. Times have changed. Slot has changed in 4 years.                         

way to miss the point

Reillers

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 29, 2010, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: Reillers on July 29, 2010, 10:04:40 AM

way to miss the point

It's not about missing the point, you're trying to stirr shite from a book that was written 4 years ago.

johnneycool

But if a Ref made a 'mistake' four years ago its still relevent, is it?

Reillers

Quote from: johnneycool on July 29, 2010, 03:42:07 PM
But if a Ref made a 'mistake' four years ago its still relevent, is it?

If a ref continues to make game changing mistakes again and again, it is relevant. But all refs make mistakes. Some just more obvious and game changing than others. I guess it's just unfortunate that when Cork fans think of Brian Gavin they think of mistakes that have cost us matches. It is totally relevant to worry that that same ref will make more mistakes again when he refs the game.

Asal Mor

I'd forgotten how bad that stuff from Corcoran's book was. I was laughing reading it. Seems all the more deluded given the way Kilkenny have trampled over Cork these last few years and Waterford have won most of their recent battles with Cork. It must have been particularly sweet for Tony Browne in the recent Munster Finals. In fairness to Corcoran he was a great hurler and by all accounts this stuff was out of character for him. I'll be cheering for Cork in the semi though. Like a few others I've a lot more time for Donal Og after reading his book.

lilpaulie85

pitty corcoran's book had the opposite effect.
Chase the dream not the competition.

Reillers

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 29, 2010, 08:38:49 PM
I'd forgotten how bad that stuff from Corcoran's book was. I was laughing reading it. Seems all the more deluded given the way Kilkenny have trampled over Cork these last few years and Waterford have won most of their recent battles with Cork. It must have been particularly sweet for Tony Browne in the recent Munster Finals. In fairness to Corcoran he was a great hurler and by all accounts this stuff was out of character for him. I'll be cheering for Cork in the semi though. Like a few others I've a lot more time for Donal Og after reading his book.

Ya it wasn't the best to be fair. Donal Og's book on the other hand was excellent, read it more than once and to be fair it has changed a lot of people's opinion of him. A good friend of mine got a present of his book for Christmas, as a joke, he hated him, read it on the plane to Australia and thought it was excellent, and has time for him now. Incredible the power it has.

Asal Mor

Yeah it was powerful stuff Reillers. I was especially impressed by how driven he was and how much losing hurt him. That stuff about turning off the lights in the gym and screaming into the darkness. Most people would think it's madness and it probably is in fairness but sport has always meant an awful lot to me and I can relate to it. He puts some amount of work and thought into his game and it's showed on the pitch where his performances have never dropped below excellent even in Cork's recent troubled years.

Reillers

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 30, 2010, 12:36:35 AM
Yeah it was powerful stuff Reillers. I was especially impressed by how driven he was and how much losing hurt him. That stuff about turning off the lights in the gym and screaming into the darkness. Most people would think it's madness and it probably is in fairness but sport has always meant an awful lot to me and I can relate to it. He puts some amount of work and thought into his game and it's showed on the pitch where his performances have never dropped below excellent even in Cork's recent troubled years.

Sounds like a bit of a nutter when you break it all down like that. Haha. I thought the part when they were in Zambia was pretty funny..well some of it. It really reveals a lot about the team and the man himself. Would really recomend it to just about anyone, whether they have time for him or not. It really is a good read.

Asal Mor

Yeah if that's the bit about the elephant it's hilarious. Frank Murphy sounds like a likeable enough fella away from GAA politics.

Reillers

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 30, 2010, 10:01:48 AM
Yeah if that's the bit about the elephant it's hilarious. Frank Murphy sounds like a likeable enough fella away from GAA politics.

No, that was a team holiday, but that was fuckin hillarious. It was where him and Hartnett were over in Africa with the Alan Kerins project.

Reillers

Glen and Bride have been reinstated, and fined €10,000 each, what a ridiculous joke. Just what a fuckin mess, games postponed. Team in, out, in again. The whole thing was handled badly from start to finish by CCB and nobody thought of the consequences. And €10,000 is a joke. It'll hit both clubs badly, and where's the money going to come from..the senior side of the club, who were responsible for it? No..of course not, it will as always come from the juvenille section. Just really badly handled and wasted a hell of a lot of time.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 30, 2010, 07:56:44 PM
Glen and Bride have been reinstated, and fined €10,000 each, what a ridiculous joke. Just what a fuckin mess, games postponed. Team in, out, in again. The whole thing was handled badly from start to finish by CCB and nobody thought of the consequences. And €10,000 is a joke. It'll hit both clubs badly, and where's the money going to come from..the senior side of the club, who were responsible for it? No..of course not, it will as always come from the juvenille section. Just really badly handled and wasted a hell of a lot of time.

How would you have handled it from start to finish including all relevant committees?