The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2020, 10:26:22 PM
Any Irishman who takes the side of an oppressor in a case like this really puts his Irishness into doubt.

You're no Irishman, Whitey. You've been so brainwashed into this cult of conservatism that it's impossible to reason with you. You're a lost cause. A brick wall. Any further correspondence with you is pointless. You are beyond redemption. Beyond hope. Any further discourse with you is likely to be as productive as all previous attempts to get reality into your impregnable skull.

The ignore feature is all that's left for you.

I don't hate you, I pity you. There was probably a time when you were reasonable, but cults can do terrible things to people. This bitterness and hatred that seems to shape your worldview is not healthy, and as a fellow human being I do hope you find a way out of the dark place that you keep sinking into.

Good luck. And goodbye.
Nail on head.

A lot of this comes back to certain posters here being brainwashed into having a fundamentally imperialistic view of the world, that might and empire is right.

A betrayal of their own history.

sid waddell

Trump pouring petrol on the fire now.

Putin must have had a word in his ear.

sid waddell

This is the speech of a dictator.

larryin89

Murica in a bad place , trump has completely lost the plot , he's just after practically declaring war on the streets . If the governors don't use the national guard to quell the riots , he said he will deploy the military into the streets using some 1807 legislative thingy that the president can avail of .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sid waddell

Attacking peaceful protestors is the hallmark of fascism.

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT
Tear gas has been fired outside the White House at protesters who, on TV, appeared to have their hands raised or were not being aggressive, just chanting.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 01, 2020, 11:42:49 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 01, 2020, 10:26:22 PM
Any Irishman who takes the side of an oppressor in a case like this really puts his Irishness into doubt.

You're no Irishman, Whitey. You've been so brainwashed into this cult of conservatism that it's impossible to reason with you. You're a lost cause. A brick wall. Any further correspondence with you is pointless. You are beyond redemption. Beyond hope. Any further discourse with you is likely to be as productive as all previous attempts to get reality into your impregnable skull.

The ignore feature is all that's left for you.

I don't hate you, I pity you. There was probably a time when you were reasonable, but cults can do terrible things to people. This bitterness and hatred that seems to shape your worldview is not healthy, and as a fellow human being I do hope you find a way out of the dark place that you keep sinking into.

Good luck. And goodbye.
Nail on head.

A lot of this comes back to certain posters here being brainwashed into having a fundamentally imperialistic view of the world, that might and empire is right.

A betrayal of their own history.

Nah.....I don't lecture people on what's going on in Northern Ireland because I don't live there and have never lived there

I find it amusing that you, who may never even have set foot in this country, somehow has better insight and superior understanding into what happens here than people who've lived here for decades.

But this is a discussion forum and you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 10:34:06 PM
https://youtu.be/wv5YWHliaNs

Hope you guys never run into bucks like this......
Irrelevant whataboutery.
But let's have a nostalgic moment of praise for this brave police officer who killed an (unarmed) man Sean Downes at close range with a plastic bullet in front of the world's press and whose action was exonerated in court.

screenexile

"I am your President of law and order and an ally of peaceful protestors"

Except you fucks on the way to my Church get the f**k outta here!!!

Rossfan

Ok so.
A white policeman who didn't have 17 previous complaints against him didn't spend 8 minutes kneeling on a black suspect's neck and the suspect didn't die of asphyxiation?

Got that Sid who doesn't live in U S.?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2020, 12:19:35 AM
Ok so.
A white policeman who didn't have 17 previous complaints against him didn't spend 8 minutes kneeling on a black suspect's neck and the suspect didn't die of asphyxiation?

why didn't the Democrat chief of police ,mayor , governor , ag do something about it .

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

So according to Sid no one is allowed to criticize the looters and rioters  who were out by the thousands this weekend

Here's his quote

"Translation: "pipe down, black people, and know your place".

The reason there are protests is that American police are behaving like a rabid white supremacist mob.

And the US president is an out of control racist and fascist.

If you're a Catholic from the North of Ireland, you should understand all this stuff.

If you don't understand it, you're flicking a two fingers sign at Irish history and its lessons."

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2020, 12:19:35 AM
Ok so.

I listen to and respect everyone's opinion, whether I agree with them or not

He doesn't.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on June 02, 2020, 12:06:26 AM

Nah.....I don't lecture people on what's going on in Northern Ireland because I don't live there and have never lived there

I find it amusing that you, who may never even have set foot in this country, somehow has better insight and superior understanding into what happens here than people who've lived here for decades.

But this is a discussion forum and you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else
There are dogs on the streets of Baallyhaunis who have better insight and understanding into what happens in the US than you do.

Deciding to become a full blown far right culture warrior, as you did, sort of kills any capacity for critical thinking.

sid waddell

"Legitimate grievances"

"Not fascism"

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1267564021970067458

MAGA life coach Brenden Dilley declares that he and millions of other gun-loving Americans are just waiting until Trump "gives us the green light" to take to the streets and start gunning down protesters.