The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on June 03, 2020, 01:35:41 PM

What does exist is a large section of white America which supports police brutality against black people.
Have you evidence of this large section or just throwing it out there?
It's not a majority in America but likely a heavy majority of Trump's support.

If you think such people are silent, you're very wrong. These people are louder than anybody else in society.
The silent majority are those people who wont say they will vote Trump but will go to the Ballot box and select him and with the violent protestors causing carnage they will come out in their droves

One thing racist Trump supporters are not is silent.
It wont just be racists voting for him after this

Just have a look at the poster above this one for evidence.
Doesnt even warrant a comment Sid....no need
62 million people voted for a fascist. Anybody with a cursory knowledge of history could see that Trump was a fascist right from the start.

But you think his support didn't see that. They did. Boy did they see it, and they liked it , they loved it. That's why they're so cult like in their support for him.

Violence against minorities is a key part of fascism. Trump could likely not have won without there having been a black president.

In the same way the so called "reconstruction" era and Jim Crow were a racist white backlash to the ending of slavery, and the Republican Southern Strategy was a backlash agaainst the Civil Rights movement, Trump is a backlash against a black president.

Trump explicitly based his appeal on racism. He denied that Obama was even American. He exploited economic hardship among whites, which incidentally Republicans are heavily responsible for due to their insane voodoo economics, and blamed black America and ethnic minority America for it. He told whites that ethnic minorities were the reason for their economic hardship and he told white America that minority rights somehow constituted a threat to the rights of white Americans.

This is literally what Hitler did when he vilified the Jews.

The twisting of reality from so much of white America, including the overwhelmingly white media, especially Republican media, to turn reality on its head and make the "story" about looting rather than police death squads and brutality is proof of the deep discomfort much of white America has taken at the truth being pointed out to them - not discomfort at the reality, which it is comfortable with - but discomfort at the reality being highlighted.

If you vote for somebody who uses racism as their central point of appeal, you're a racist, it's as simple as that. There's no need to be politically correct about this, as Trump supporters want. Trump supporters are racists. Iff you vote for a racist, fascist demagogue who based his appeal around naked racism, well guess what, you're a dirty f**king racist.

Your "silent majority" theory is wrong. The vast majority of Trump's support is up front about their support for him. Only a very small minority of people who will vote for Trump will be secret about their support for him.

You clearly think Trump will get more legitimate votes in the election than Biden. There's no evidence and no reason to suggest that he will. He lost the popular vote by 2.86 million last time.

I happen to think Trump will "win", but not for the same reasons you do. I think he'll "win" because I expect votes to be falsified on a large scale in addition to the already widespread racist voter suppression which Republicans rely on to have any chance. And I think there's plenty of good reason to suggest vote falsification. Look at the last Georgia Governor election. Democracy didn't just fail, it was hijacked.

Your theory that large amounts of whites will not admit to voting Trump, but will do so, is an admission of the racist nature of white America. It is a statement that whites class looting as a bigger issue than police brutality against blacks, which is an exponentially bigger issue.

Your statement about "violent protestors" wrongly brands all protestors as illegitimate, it makes no attempt to deal with the reality that right-wing agent provocateurs are hijacking protests to commit violence with the specific aim of delegitimising righteous and just black protest, and it whitewashes police brutality and executions by omission of mention.

The poster above me, "whitey", has a long and consistent record of racist dog whistling and trolling on this forum. And that should be continually pointed out. Again, there's no need to be politically correct in order to not offend people here. "Whitey" is a racist, and that should be continually be pointed out.

Jeepers Creepers

Whitey, why are you comparing Police Brutality to Gang related shootings?

sid waddell

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 03, 2020, 02:27:47 PM
It's very important for right-wing nut jobs to try and stop discussion of actual pressing issues, by using deflection.

They do this because they have made the decision to be brainwashed into being right-wing culture warriors who have no progressive vision whatsoever for society, and instead devote their time to mindlessly campaigning for the upholding of indefensible injustice and white supremacism.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on June 03, 2020, 02:43:37 PM
It's very important for right-wing nut jobs to try and stop discussion of actual pressing issues, by using deflection.

They do this because they have made the decision to be brainwashed into being right-wing culture warriors who have no progressive vision whatsoever for society, and instead devote their time to mindlessly campaigning for the upholding of indefensible injustice and white supremacism.

Editorial Page of WSJ hardly right wing but jobs but keep believing what CNN is telling you

Taylor

Quote from: sid waddell on June 03, 2020, 02:26:27 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 03, 2020, 01:35:41 PM

What does exist is a large section of white America which supports police brutality against black people.
Have you evidence of this large section or just throwing it out there?
It's not a majority in America but likely a heavy majority of Trump's support.

If you think such people are silent, you're very wrong. These people are louder than anybody else in society.
The silent majority are those people who wont say they will vote Trump but will go to the Ballot box and select him and with the violent protestors causing carnage they will come out in their droves

One thing racist Trump supporters are not is silent.
It wont just be racists voting for him after this

Just have a look at the poster above this one for evidence.
Doesnt even warrant a comment Sid....no need
62 million people voted for a fascist. Anybody with a cursory knowledge of history could see that Trump was a fascist right from the start.

But you think his support didn't see that. They did. Boy did they see it, and they liked it , they loved it. That's why they're so cult like in their support for him.

Violence against minorities is a key part of fascism. Trump could likely not have won without there having been a black president.

In the same way the so called "reconstruction" era and Jim Crow were a racist white backlash to the ending of slavery, and the Republican Southern Strategy was a backlash agaainst the Civil Rights movement, Trump is a backlash against a black president.

Trump explicitly based his appeal on racism. He denied that Obama was even American. He exploited economic hardship among whites, which incidentally Republicans are heavily responsible for due to their insane voodoo economics, and blamed black America and ethnic minority America for it. He told whites that ethnic minorities were the reason for their economic hardship and he told white America that minority rights somehow constituted a threat to the rights of white Americans.

This is literally what Hitler did when he vilified the Jews.

The twisting of reality from so much of white America, including the overwhelmingly white media, especially Republican media, to turn reality on its head and make the "story" about looting rather than police death squads and brutality is proof of the deep discomfort much of white America has taken at the truth being pointed out to them - not discomfort at the reality, which it is comfortable with - but discomfort at the reality being highlighted.

If you vote for somebody who uses racism as their central point of appeal, you're a racist, it's as simple as that. There's no need to be politically correct about this, as Trump supporters want. Trump supporters are racists. Iff you vote for a racist, fascist demagogue who based his appeal around naked racism, well guess what, you're a dirty f**king racist.

Your "silent majority" theory is wrong. The vast majority of Trump's support is up front about their support for him. Only a very small minority of people who will vote for Trump will be secret about their support for him.

You clearly think Trump will get more legitimate votes in the election than Biden. There's no evidence and no reason to suggest that he will. He lost the popular vote by 2.86 million last time.

I happen to think Trump will "win", but not for the same reasons you do. I think he'll "win" because I expect votes to be falsified on a large scale in addition to the already widespread racist voter suppression which Republicans rely on to have any chance. And I think there's plenty of good reason to suggest vote falsification. Look at the last Georgia Governor election. Democracy didn't just fail, it was hijacked.

Your theory that large amounts of whites will not admit to voting Trump, but will do so, is an admission of the racist nature of white America. It is a statement that whites class looting as a bigger issue than police brutality against blacks, which is an exponentially bigger issue.

Your statement about "violent protestors" wrongly brands all protestors as illegitimate, it makes no attempt to deal with the reality that right-wing agent provocateurs are hijacking protests to commit violence with the specific aim of delegitimising righteous and just black protest, and it whitewashes police brutality and executions by omission of mention.

The poster above me, "whitey", has a long and consistent record of racist dog whistling and trolling on this forum. And that should be continually pointed out. Again, there's no need to be politically correct in order to not offend people here. "Whitey" is a racist, and that should be continually be pointed out.

Sid - while I admire your stance but it is more complex than that.

To just say 'I am wrong' and then tar millions of people with the same brush with no evidence is 'wrong'.

Im no Trump supporter and the biggest issue in the US right now is Police brutality & racism - period.

You can surely see the violent protestors is pushing people towards Trump?

Regarding who was voted in last time - perhaps given the choices Clinton or Trump - it means that many voted as the least worst in their eyes - not that every single one of them was racist?

J70

Great. An article from Heather "war on cops" McDonald.

Stop whinging black people. You've no legitimate concerns with the justice system.

Captain Obvious

Trumps past tweet holds up well for today.

whitey

I didn't know people were driving Rolls Royces on Bloody Sunday

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1268176768822685696?s=20

tonto1888

I read as far as the myth of systematic police racism and stopped. Didn't need to go any further

whitey

Jaysus.....Rosenstein testimony.......a dumpster fire for the Democrats

omochain

Quote from: whitey on June 03, 2020, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 03, 2020, 02:43:37 PM

Editorial Page of WSJ hardly right wing but jobs but keep believing what CNN is telling you

There you go again Whitey reaching into your Rupert Murdoch bubble to seek validation for your stance on the News Media.

tyssam5

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2020, 10:48:57 AM
Just watched a video of looters in a what looked like a Nike store, dirty scumbags

Why are you concerned about people lifting a few pairs of shoes that cost $5 to get made in China? I'd rather it didn't happen but not high on my list of priorities compared to police killing people.

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2020, 04:04:54 PM

I read as far as the myth of systematic police racism and stopped. Didn't need to go any further

The author has been beating that drum for years.

Taylor

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 03, 2020, 04:41:25 PM
Just watched a video of looters in a what looked like a Nike store, dirty scumbags

Why are you concerned about people lifting a few pairs of shoes that cost $5 to get made in China? I'd rather it didn't happen but not high on my list of priorities compared to police killing people.

Is it only Nike stores getting looted?

Any other stores or anyone being hurt?

Gmac

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 03, 2020, 04:41:25 PM

ah it's only shoes it's only target it's only the Indian restaurant it's only the cop station it's only the bank where does it stop ?