Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

All the best to St Marys this weekend..

Minder

So where does that defeat leave Antrim re promotion ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Minder on March 26, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
So where does that defeat leave Antrim re promotion ?
Still in the final v Carlow next weekend as far as I know.

Pure shite today.

imtommygunn

What happens after the final? Winner plays off bottom team or has that changed? I am not sure we will beat carlow anyway mind.

BrendanAntrim

that has changed now, winners of 2A final go up - no play off.

Hand up

And by today's display, straight back down again!!

Last Man

How significant was the red card?

johnneycool

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 26, 2017, 11:24:41 PM

Not according to the Independent, but you could be right as Wexford go straight up out of Div1B.

Edit from GAA.ie
"Carlow and Antrim will contest the Division 2A Final with the winner earning promotion to Division 1B. Armagh have been relegated from Division 2A to Division 2B."

Image that, the GAA having entirely different rules for the big counties than the lesser counties...

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on March 27, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 26, 2017, 11:24:41 PM

Not according to the Independent, but you could be right as Wexford go straight up out of Div1B.

Edit from GAA.ie
"Carlow and Antrim will contest the Division 2A Final with the winner earning promotion to Division 1B. Armagh have been relegated from Division 2A to Division 2B."

Image that, the GAA having entirely different rules for the big counties than the lesser counties...

Yeah I saw that somewhere yesterday too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BrendanAntrim

Promotion decider on Saturday in Newry, 3pm. Good venue for us I would say.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 27, 2017, 03:17:38 PM
Promotion decider on Saturday in Newry, 3pm. Good venue for us I would say.

Last time I saw an Antrim team play a Carlow team there, it didn't end so well for us!

podge

Quote from: Last Man on March 27, 2017, 10:04:40 AM
How significant was the red card?

Not convinced that the red card was overly significant in the end result but it was very very harsh to say the least.  Overall the ref was absolutely brutal.   

Westmeath are big and powerful outfit and outmuscled antrim for large parts.  For Antrim, Dillon at full back and Matt Donnelly at centre half were excellent.  Up front I thought young murphy in the corner was the biggest threat

btdtgtt

At the Celtic cup or Celtic challenge game this evening - nobody here quite sure which the name is!

One success from this is that it's united several of our clubs in like minds - the guys here all agree that their clubs are being paralysed by it!

It's been a long-standing issue that senior county teams can halt club action - looks like we start early now and I don't mean the month of the year!

I have to question the wisdom of such ventures in the grand scale. What is really achieved by this tournament and the like and is it enough to warrant our underage hurlers around Antrim to be denied meaningful trainings & development?

It strikes me that we're focusing on the few at the expenses of the many.
This is shrinking our playing base. Something we simply cannot afford to do any more!

Thoughts anyone?

Megaman

dont know much about this tournament so dont agree or disagree with you.

How does this tourney halt club action.?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Megaman on March 30, 2017, 08:32:10 AM
dont know much about this tournament so dont agree or disagree with you.

How does this tourney halt club action.?

Players removed from their clubs to play it in or train for development squads.

It's left several Club guys I spoke to last night having to cancel sessions - or merge U14/16/minor teams to get enough lads for sessions - which caused knock on issues itself.

What stuck me was that exactly the same predicament was being repeated by a range of clubs.