Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Just aslong as you don't out your umbrella up in Corrigan or upset anybody by standing at the fence.

Laughable, absolutely laughable set up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 05, 2023, 10:50:24 PM
Just aslong as you don't out your umbrella up in Corrigan or upset anybody by standing at the fence.

Brolly's ? Jeze getting soft  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 04, 2023, 08:28:18 PM
I wondered was the short passing more the wind. The wind was brutal second half.

Mckenna did a bit of damage on the scoreboard more than general play tbh.

While kk are a step up that's a decent enough team we have. Yes we can improve but it's not bad and the likes of the Dunloy boys are still getting back into it so I expect we will get better too.

Probably look at this one as a case of one that got away.

Sounds a bit mad to say it but KK were definitely not up to their previous levels but then again neither were Antrim.

Too many spilled balls or missed touch and balls needlessly given away. Intensity wise we could never get it raised to a level to get some momentum into the game and that lead to us just being picked off.

Saffrongael

I was talking to a Kilkenny fella at the game briefly & he was less than complimentary about Corrigan
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 06, 2023, 02:47:44 PM

I was talking to a Kilkenny fella at the game briefly & he was less than complimentary about Corrigan

We should be using the likes of Ballycastle as well or Cushendall's for the games like this.. Great scoreboard in Ballycastle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 02:54:41 PM

We should be using the likes of Ballycastle as well or Cushendall's for the games like this.. Great scoreboard in Ballycastle

Tongue firmly in cheek there MR2.

But in all seriousness we should be making them travel as far as possible, making it as uncomfortable as possible and as difficult as we possibly can. We don't get any special favours when we head down the road from any of them. Slightly annoying seeing this 'fan boying' over them when we are trying to compete, like they are doing us some favour coming up the road to play in the first place.

imtommygunn

or Dunloy.

barnish oggie

Quote from: NAG1 on February 06, 2023, 03:06:30 PM

But in all seriousness we should be making them travel as far as possible, making it as uncomfortable as possible and as difficult as we possibly can. We don't get any special favours when we head down the road from any of them. Slightly annoying seeing this 'fan boying' over them when we are trying to compete, like they are doing us some favour coming up the road to play in the first place.

From reading that now deleted tweet from Meath at the weekend, Down didn't seem to be doing them any favours or going out of their way to make them comfortable.

Good on them!!

johnnycool

Quote from: barnish oggie on February 06, 2023, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 06, 2023, 03:06:30 PM

From reading that now deleted tweet from Meath at the weekend, Down didn't seem to be doing them any favours or going out of their way to make them confortable.

Good on them!!

And we weren't even playing Meath...  ;D

Milltown Row2

If there was a prize for moaning we'd be winning it every year!! Olympic standard

paddyjohn

That would suit me perfectly. Disgrace they didn't ask my opinion 😉

keep her low this half

Down to Dublin on Sunday, hopefully a better day for hurling and hopefully we create a goal chance or two. We never made a mark on Kilkennys full back line on Saturday but in fairness Lawlor and Padraig Walsh in front of him were excellent.
Dublin are a grade above us and I will be pleasantly surprised if we come back up the road with a point. I think we were a bit lucky on Saturday, the cats left at least two goal chances behind them in the first half and while our second half comeback was encouraging to a degree we still struggled really badly on our own puck outs both short and long all day. We really need to get our primary possession sorted or we are going nowhere.

imtommygunn

I think it's a bit harsh to say Laois and Westmeath's standards are in the gutter...

They get so far each of them and struggle with commitment once they get there. It's not dissimilar to what happens us.

Yeah you wonder who is next after Gleeson but I think, McManus aside, our team has a good age demographic so would be hopeful we get some players through and can kind of maintain division 1 anyway. It might be tough staying in Leinster every year mind.

Old Time Hurler

Is there anywhere you can get to see completed Transfers for from and to Antrim clubs? Just looking to see the movers and shakers!!

keep her low this half

Quote from: Old Time Hurler on February 09, 2023, 06:46:50 AM
Is there anywhere you can get to see completed Transfers for from and to Antrim clubs? Just looking to see the movers and shakers!!
What did you hear! Spread the gossip :)